TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
desalonne

Re: TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

Post by desalonne »

Archers arnt to op. Demise offers nothing that osi didn't offer in ML and people still played mages in pvp and still had no trouble beating archers. Just because you lack the skill to compete while your on a mage doesn't mean that others have the same problem.

It's becoming more clear with every post I see in this chat that the ones commenting and saying no to the change never playes uo prior to this free server and lack an understanding of the game. As well as lack the basic knowledge of what real pvp is. I understand you are use to arcade casting and it makes up for your lack of knowledge/skill but I promise you'll become better at the game when it's got accurate casting and see you can learn to be better as a result.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

I'll start by saying that I've only ever played Demise and another server. I never had the chance to experience OSI, but I honesty I prefer the casting on Demise over the casting on another server any day. All I ever recall seeing on the field on another server was weapon mages and ai/moving shot spamming dexxers.

Demise has a greater diversity of templates available and each serve a purpose and have pros and cons on the field and none of which are over the top and superior to all else with the current balance in field pvp.

As it stands Archers are a lot more powerful on Demise in comparison to another server given the skills, mechanics and items that are available to them and nerfing casting would only ruin the current balance in place and do away with so many diverse templates.

There is no way even the best of mages could kill any mediocre dexxer on Demise 1v1 with OSI mimicked casting. We can go ahead and put it to the test, Des & Reefer feel free to go ahead and make the perfect field suit and template and I will play a pure archer in a mediocre suit on Test Center and we can see what happens..

Overall I'm not in support of this casting change in as it would ruin the balance in field PvP, I only really see another server players who don't actively play here, and trolls of Demise that don't even pvp with strong opinions on this thread.

This update could still serve a purpose though, I would be in favor of adding the OSI mimicked casting as a setting for duel pits and tournaments where I think it would appease more people and get the desired results.
LendariuM

Post by LendariuM »

Lets put bands = 8 seconds with 150 dex :)
:D :D :D
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Eh I only don't play demise because 99% of the server Is scripted. I spent a week fielding a character just to watch everyone run ma/fb scripts and steam heal macros. I dont have any interest in watching a game be played for me. I log in to pvp because I want to actually pvp not watch it done while I hold 1 button.

If you would like anthomy I gurantee even in the shit suit I have me and reefer could dirt your dexxer in a 2v1 with 0 issues. If you would like we can even go to test center where they have the osi like casting....and we can dirt you there to go ahead and show you that it is in fact possible. The wonderful thing about accurate casting is the scripts you kids use to have your automated pvp goes away and the pepole with real skill simply outplay the templates you think are broken.
Tempest likes this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

AQUI É BRASIL PORRA!
royal kapero2 likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

OSI casting or not, I will move on. The fact is I would like get it fixed for my personal gain and play a warrior, but the more important fact is no one complained about it, until people didn't learn it was not OSI correct.
Last edited by royal kapero2 on June 20th, 2017, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I mean I had issue with I the day I tried it. The steam broken scripes at cap casting arcade speed was the biggest turn off I've ever had from a server.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

After further thoughts and arguments, I give the osi casting on the main server a thumbs down. Everyone was been talking about the addition of new players, including myself, but the question is do we need more rude pvpers on our server? Pvpers have been the most annoying people on the server. They have always had to be moderated more than the trammies. I know you guys think it's all about you, but the fact is there's more pvmers than pvpers and they cry a lot less. Mr File brings up an interesting point about balance. Archers are already strong, but with these changes they will become the strongest class. Although, the complaint is an imbalance in dexxers, I believe this is all in your head. The only imbalance issue for dexxers is the teleport issue. Other than that the only issues dexxers have is user error.

Mr desalonne, I do believe the challenge was issued for a 1v1 on the tc. It's time to find out if you're all talk or if you can really kill ugly on an archer.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Duque likes this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I'll 1v1 him on the test center too -.- easy day. Lol I'll make a pvp mage when I get home tonight from work on the tc. Then he and I can set a time and do it. I'll gladly record it and post it as well. That being said when I win.....and prove that archers can be beat by mages on osi accurate casting....what do I get out of it other than showing all you kids who rely on scripts to pvp that in fact you do not have a firm grasp of the game. And instead of learning and increasing your player base. You would rather mindlessly kill mobs and hold 1 button down on a server that's dying out to servers with accurate casting....
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Anthony File wrote:I'll start by saying that I've only ever played Demise and another server. I never had the chance to experience OSI, but I honesty I prefer the casting on Demise over the casting on another server any day. All I ever recall seeing on the field on another server was weapon mages and ai/moving shot spamming dexxers.

Demise has a greater diversity of templates available and each serve a purpose and have pros and cons on the field and none of which are over the top and superior to all else with the current balance in field pvp.

As it stands Archers are a lot more powerful on Demise in comparison to another server given the skills, mechanics and items that are available to them and nerfing casting would only ruin the current balance in place and do away with so many diverse templates.

There is no way even the best of mages could kill any mediocre dexxer on Demise 1v1 with OSI mimicked casting. We can go ahead and put it to the test, Des & Reefer feel free to go ahead and make the perfect field suit and template and I will play a pure archer in a mediocre suit on Test Center and we can see what happens..

Overall I'm not in support of this casting change in as it would ruin the balance in field PvP, I only really see another server players who don't actively play here, and trolls of Demise that don't even pvp with strong opinions on this thread.

This update could still serve a purpose though, I would be in favor of adding the OSI mimicked casting as a setting for duel pits and tournaments where I think it would appease more people and get the desired results.
Well you rely on scripts, that sounds like fun. And of course, parry bandage mage will do just fine to kill someone of your skill level.
Last edited by Reefer on June 20th, 2017, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest likes this.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

The Silvertiger wrote:After further thoughts and arguments, I give the osi casting on the main server a thumbs down. Everyone was been talking about the addition of new players, including myself, but the question is do we need more rude pvpers on our server? Pvpers have been the most annoying people on the server. They have always had to be moderated more than the trammies. I know you guys think it's all about you, but the fact is there's more pvmers than pvpers and they cry a lot less. Mr File brings up an interesting point about balance. Archers are already strong, but with these changes they will become the strongest class. Although, the complaint is an imbalance in dexxers, I believe this is all in your head. The only imbalance issue for dexxers is the teleport issue. Other than that the only issues dexxers have is user error.

Mr desalonne, I do believe the challenge was issued for a 1v1 on the tc. It's time to find out if you're all talk or if you can really kill ugly on an archer.

People being rude is apart of UO, how is it fun fighting the same 10 people over and over again while holding down on button. How is that even remotely fun?
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

I beat any mage here with this casting and still don't want it lol.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

desalonne wrote:I'll 1v1 him on the test center too -.- easy day. Lol I'll make a pvp mage when I get home tonight from work on the tc. Then he and I can set a time and do it. I'll gladly record it and post it as well. That being said when I win.....and prove that archers can be beat by mages on osi accurate casting....what do I get out of it other than showing all you kids who rely on scripts to pvp that in fact you do not have a firm grasp of the game. And instead of learning and increasing your player base. You would rather mindlessly kill mobs and hold 1 button down on a server that's dying out to servers with accurate casting....
Personal satisfaction that you are better than a mediocre archer?
Reefer wrote:People being rude is apart of UO,
Not really. It may apart of your mindset, but not uo. Yes there is murdering and plundering, but you don't have to be rude while doing so. You actually gain more respect by killing people, taking their items, then dropping a res on them, and recalling away. I have fought side by side with a majority of the people that you have, on demise, and I've found I have more respect for those who show little courtesies like that.
Reefer wrote: how is it fun fighting the same 10 people over and over again while holding down on button. How is that even remotely fun?
Maybe you should try fighting loop they can field 10 new people everyday. :P It's an exaggeration, but there's quite a decent size population of pvpers that you shouldn't have this issue. They're almost as big as the Chinese.

I personally am not a button holder that may be why I can't hang with today's crowd. I've never been that good, but now it seems instead of steam making me better like the rest of the server, I've actually gotten worse. A change like this would actually improve my PvP play by 10, but I just don't think it's right for demise. Good day...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Duque likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

desalonne wrote:I see you saying dozens of pvpers.....meanwhile I can log into another server on any given day and find guilds of 20+ members on all sides having mass pvp with accurate casting.....
So play Pestilent.

Seriously, I want to know why people don't just play another server if you can get a 20v20 fight with the casting you like.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Necrodog wrote:
desalonne wrote:I see you saying dozens of pvpers.....meanwhile I can log into pestilent on any given day and find guilds of 20+ members on all sides having mass pvp with accurate casting.....
So play Pestilent.

Seriously, I want to know why people don't just play pestilent if you can get a 20v20 fight with the casting you like.
I don't know why you give a shit? I've been playing Demise longer than you, stop telling people to go play elsewhere, I logged into demise today and the gate looked empty. I don't know why you want scripts in pvp, considering you aren't even a pvper and if you are, not a very good one. This server needs help and it will bring more players then it would lose.
Tempest likes this.