TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
atomic chicken

Re: TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote:The easyuo script is allowed due to steam having the same capabilities. The difference is that euo can do it in the background while uos it has to be written in every script or have it lead to the script or toggling it on every 2 seconds.
Right, that's why i said we disable the steam macro shit and make the easy uo macros in pvp not allowed.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Reefer wrote:
Necrodog wrote:
desalonne wrote:I see you saying dozens of pvpers.....meanwhile I can log into pestilent on any given day and find guilds of 20+ members on all sides having mass pvp with accurate casting.....
So play Pestilent.

Seriously, I want to know why people don't just play pestilent if you can get a 20v20 fight with the casting you like.
I don't know why you give a shit? I've been playing Demise longer than you, stop telling people to go play elsewhere, I logged into demise today and the gate looked empty. I don't know why you want scripts in pvp, considering you aren't even a pvper and if you are, not a very good one. This server needs help and it will bring more players then it would lose.
I am a small piece of proof for this claim. I personally have dismissed the possibility of ever playing demise solely because of the god awful casting that I experienced when I did play here, and that was long before UOS. There are a few things I don't like about demise (like the mob AI, grrrrr), but there are a lot of things that I like about it as well. The deal breaker for me though is the casting. I was about to play here now, amid rumors that it would be updating it's casting, but after reading this thread, I'm having second thoughts. If it doesn't update, I'm not going to play here. And btw, that's not a threat, I'm just being honest. I also can't promise 100% that anyone other than myself would play here if the casting was updated, but I have heard several people (duelers and non-duelers) say the same thing, that they don't want to play here because of the casting; and I'm sure if it was changed there would definitely be plenty of other people like myself that would be interested in this server.

Dueling is dead, on OSI, on most runuo shards, and if people are fighting with scripts here, it's probably worse here than anywhere else tbph. OSI style casting was a huuge draw for another community, I'm sure it would be for here too. The PvM'ers will not all rage quit. Neither will the people holding down one button to win duels. I've even spoken to one person who does that btw, and he even admit it's dumb as fk, but does it because the casting here is a joke and it's the only way to compete. I doubt the change will make such a huge difference when fighting an archer, considering OSI capped weapon speed at 1.25 seconds specifically to be at the same speed as a gheal at 2/6 casting. Does this server even have 210 stam archers with 55 SSI? I doubt it, considering that was a reforging/shame loot thing- not even stygian abyss. Besides, there's other ways to nerf archers if they need a nerf. If you think you need to keep casting as being "script friendly" just to compete with archers, you're focusing on the wrong solution.

Ultimately, updating the casting here to more OSI accurate will certainly make mage dueling (a very, very popular UO past time) relevant here; and whether it be dueling or mage 1v1's, OSI style casting will be a major selling point for the server.

If you are interested in updating your casting, feel free to ask. I'd be more than glad to help. I probably understand OSI style casting better than anyone.
Last edited by Bane on June 23rd, 2017, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

desalonne wrote:Archers arnt to op. Demise offers nothing that osi didn't offer in ML and people still played mages in pvp and still had no trouble beating archers. Just because you lack the skill to compete while your on a mage doesn't mean that others have the same problem.

It's becoming more clear with every post I see in this chat that the ones commenting and saying no to the change never playes uo prior to this free server and lack an understanding of the game. As well as lack the basic knowledge of what real pvp is. I understand you are use to arcade casting and it makes up for your lack of knowledge/skill but I promise you'll become better at the game when it's got accurate casting and see you can learn to be better as a result.
Excellent point... it's not like this experiment hasn't already been put to the test.
Last edited by Bane on June 23rd, 2017, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Vitek- wrote:Demise is pretty fun as-is and there is no trouble finding fights. Whatever changes come I'm sure we can easily adapt to, but one thing that needs to be fixed if mage casting is fixed, is concussion blow. That special is useless on OSI and it's immensely powerful here. Also, 140 dex = 4 second heals (not sure if that's on here or not).
Crunch haha
Bane

Post by Bane »

Necrodog wrote:
Tempest wrote:Sounds like someone has his dick in a wad.

Just because you have never played with "True" casting, doesn't mean you have to hate on it. You holding down a button is the reason why you suck at this game, and you should be happy if this goes through instead of complaining.

P.S. - Your arsenal of game-breaking scripts that MB has issued will be unusable with this casting, perhaps this is the reason for your valiant efforts of bashing this topic.
All of the game-breaking scripts that MB made and you have access to will simply have to be adjusted.
Not at all... if that were the case, casting scripts would dominate on OSI. The point of the casting change is to specifically take the advantage away from the scripters and put it in the hands of the strategic mages.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Bane get out of here. I came here to get away from you.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
The Silvertiger and Bane like this.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

@Bane you can test the casting on test centet it's actually decent, better than Pests.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

actualy this look funny, i m for add on normal server for 1 mounth xD xD xD

it dont much diferent just 300 pause add on all script with loop, lol

in my opinion best can be compromise between it:
make just delay for miniheal and magic arrow [a bit make harder for MAGE loop heal and arrow]
and add delay for refresh stamina poiton [5sec delay] [fixed archer + balance it]
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

MMMartin wrote:actualy this look funny, i m for add on normal server for 1 mounth xD xD xD

make just delay for miniheal and magic arrow [a bit make harder for MAGE loop heal and arrow]
and add delay for refresh stamina poiton [5sec delay] [fixed archer + balance it]
I mean it does bc it's much easier to disrupt, and you can lock down and make it to where you can't use a single fireball. It's pretty easy actually. I dont think we ever said it's impossible to use a script, we said using a script would be ineffective and stupid, while nowadays scripts are a lot harder to block spells, bc its very hard to overcast on current casting.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Reefer wrote:@Bane you can test the casting on test centet it's actually decent, better than Pests.
I would, but I logged on the TC, and apparently they don't give you stuff in your bank to make an arty suit/bkit gear.

Maybe I'm missing something...
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Bane wrote:
Reefer wrote:@Bane you can test the casting on test centet it's actually decent, better than Pests.
I would, but I logged on the TC, and apparently they don't give you stuff in your bank to make an arty suit/bkit gear.

There should be a gate in Luna to the item room. I think it's white.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Eos and Tempest like this.
Bane

Post by Bane »

atomic chicken wrote:
MMMartin wrote:actualy this look funny, i m for add on normal server for 1 mounth xD xD xD

I mean it does bc it's much easier to disrupt, and you can lock down and make it to where you can't use a single fireball. It's pretty easy actually. I dont think we ever said it's impossible to use a script, we said using a script would be ineffective and stupid, while nowadays scripts are a lot harder to block spells, bc its very hard to overcast on current casting.
The great thing about historical UO mage vs. mage is that the only limit to possibility and skill was one's own ingenuity and imagination. There's a rock, scissors, paper element to it where there is a counter for everything (provided your ping doesn't completely suck), with tons of different styles and strategies, and no one strategy wins all. But when you have a server with mechanics that favor a system that processes casting and targeting faster than any human brain can compute, then you take everything that is great about it out of it. The competition, the experience of learning, the reward of applying the things you've learned, and pretty much all of the fun in general. As we've seen, with these mechanics, one strategy does win all. There may be some small advantages to it, like the fact that it might allow a mage to compete with another supposedly over-powered template, but what you lose is far greater than what you gain. Surely there are better ways to balance pvp and pvm without destroying an entire aspect of pvp (mage dueling/field 1v1's).
Last edited by Bane on June 24th, 2017, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
atomic chicken likes this.
Bane

Post by Bane »

april0395 wrote:
Bane wrote:

There should be a gate in Luna to the item room. I think it's white.
Thank you ma'am.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bane wrote:
Reefer wrote:
Necrodog wrote:
So play Pestilent.

Seriously, I want to know why people don't just play pestilent if you can get a 20v20 fight with the casting you like.
I don't know why you give a shit? I've been playing Demise longer than you, stop telling people to go play elsewhere, I logged into demise today and the gate looked empty. I don't know why you want scripts in pvp, considering you aren't even a pvper and if you are, not a very good one. This server needs help and it will bring more players then it would lose.
I am a small piece of proof for this claim. I personally have dismissed the possibility of ever playing demise solely because of the god awful casting that I experienced when I did play here, and that was long before UOS. There are a few things I don't like about demise (like the mob AI, grrrrr), but there are a lot of things that I like about it as well. The deal breaker for me though is the casting. I was about to play here now, amid rumors that it would be updating it's casting, but after reading this thread, I'm having second thoughts. If it doesn't update, I'm not going to play here. And btw, that's not a threat, I'm just being honest. I also can't promise 100% that anyone other than myself would play here if the casting was updated, but I have heard several people (duelers and non-duelers) say the same thing, that they don't want to play here because of the casting; and I'm sure if it was changed there would definitely be plenty of other people like myself that would be interested in this server.

Dueling is dead, on OSI, on most runuo shards, and if people are fighting with scripts here, it's probably worse here than anywhere else tbph. OSI style casting was a huuge draw for another community, I'm sure it would be for here too. The PvM'ers will not all rage quit. Neither will the people holding down one button to win duels. I've even spoken to one person who does that btw, and he even admit it's dumb as fk, but does it because the casting here is a joke and it's the only way to compete. I doubt the change will make such a huge difference when fighting an archer, considering OSI capped weapon speed at 1.25 seconds specifically to be at the same speed as a gheal at 2/6 casting. Does this server even have 210 stam archers with 55 SSI? I doubt it, considering that was a reforging/shame loot thing- not even stygian abyss. Besides, there's other ways to nerf archers if they need a nerf. If you think you need to keep casting as being "script friendly" just to compete with archers, you're focusing on the wrong solution.

Ultimately, updating the casting here to more OSI accurate will certainly make mage dueling (a very, very popular UO past time) relevant here; and whether it be dueling or mage 1v1's, OSI style casting will be a major selling point for the server.

If you are interested in updating your casting, feel free to ask. I'd be more than glad to help. I probably understand OSI style casting better than anyone.
The casting shouldnt be the reason you dont play here. It should be that 95% of the people that actually pvp are on some variant of archer with very OP bows that didnt even exist during this era on osi, despite 1000s of people playing there. Not only that, they have 3 second heals for 50+ hp. If you think changing casting will somehow remedy this, then by all means, come show us how.

But if you like fighting 1v5 against all archers, then Demise is the place for you!

Most of the people commenting on here rarely pvp.

One of the biggest turnoffs for me when I first started here is that it is impossible to 5x. So while I would love to see this possible on demise, it would make it even harder to combat all the archers in real pvp. Maybe if there was a nerf to bandage healing, a delay on cure pots, or something I would fully endorse the changes. However, when a 150hp archer can run a script that auto drinks a cure pot right before bandage, then almost simultaneously drinks a heal pot so they heal for 80+ damage instantly, I say no thanks.

Not only do I say no thanks to these changes, I wonder why staff is wasting their time with this bullshit instead of actual imbalances in the current meta.

I would, however, like to suggest adding a couple very active and non-bias pvpers to staff making them the "pvp managers" or part of the "balance team". When you have staff that doesnt ever pvp or see any fighting, how can they make educated decisions on what needs changing?

It's almost a joke that staff wasted so much time on this when there are far far greater issues.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Bad Religion wrote:
Bane wrote:
Reefer wrote:

The casting shouldnt be the reason you dont play here. It should be that 95% of the people that actually pvp are on some variant of archer with very OP bows that didnt even exist during this era on osi, despite 1000s of people playing there. Not only that, they have 3 second heals for 50+ hp. If you think changing casting will somehow remedy this, then by all means, come show us how.

But if you like fighting 1v5 against all archers, then Demise is the place for you!

Most of the people commenting on here rarely pvp.

One of the biggest turnoffs for me when I first started here is that it is impossible to 5x. So while I would love to see this possible on demise, it would make it even harder to combat all the archers in real pvp. Maybe if there was a nerf to bandage healing, a delay on cure pots, or something I would fully endorse the changes. However, when a 150hp archer can run a script that auto drinks a cure pot right before bandage, then almost simultaneously drinks a heal pot so they heal for 80+ damage instantly, I say no thanks.

Not only do I say no thanks to these changes, I wonder why staff is wasting their time with this bullshit instead of actual imbalances in the current meta.

I would, however, like to suggest adding a couple very active and non-bias pvpers to staff making them the "pvp managers" or part of the "balance team". When you have staff that doesnt ever pvp or see any fighting, how can they make educated decisions on what needs changing?

It's almost a joke that staff wasted so much time on this when there are far far greater issues.
And i'll say it again. Playing on this server with the current casting means you have ABSOLUTELY no skill at casting, WHATSOEVER. Yes, you may be good at awareness/utility, but getting used to this casting will only make you worse than what you can be if the casting was osi-accurate. It's like making a dumb-kid even more retarded than what they already are.

And let me address your statement about making pvpers apart of staff. Are you smoking crack? Do you realize that this is a recipe for disaster? Do you know what happened last time pvpers were made staff members? If you had any sort of intelligence you would see that only doing so will cause more trouble than there already is, it just will and can not work. You should think before you type.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.