Pet Invis

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
tichondrius

Pet Invis

Post by tichondrius »

So made a post about this in general (for reference: http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =2&t=15025). Pets and monsters cast invis on themselves which cause some goofy/irritating mechanics to happen.

The magery spell "invisibility" seems to really screw with the animal tamer mechanics when either your pet or the enemy monster cast it. I've fortunately learned to battle this mechanic quite a bit since my original qq, but I personally feel this is not working as intended:

Pet vs monster. If your pet cast invis on itself, the enemy it's fighting has a chance to target you, the animal tamer. If you're finger isn't prepped and anticipating this with an "all kill" macro, the monster can easily end up killing your tamer. Also when your pet invis itself, the monster can take off after you and what I've noticed is my pet ends up chasing after the monster since it's unable to quickly regain agro. So I end up dancing and dodging around the monster until my pets regains agro. (When my pet is trying to regain agro: https://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I?t=12) Another thing, even if your pet is quickly able to regain control, in that brief second the monster is attacking you, it can get off a deadly flame strike. All because your own pet cast invisibility on himself.

Another thing. When the enemy monster cast invis on their self, it's pretty much the same situation as above. However, the issue I want to bring up is when the monster cast invis on itself, your pet will run back to you instead as if the monster had died and completely takes your pet out of combat. This is all fun and games until your pet ends up dragging a monstrous interred grizzle with him, straight to you. Wouldn't it make more sense for my pet instinctively cast reveal and initiate combat again? If I run up to a wild greater dragon and cast invis, what happens? He reveals me and kills me, so why does my tamed greater dragon not do the same?

I know most people have mega-million decked out suits, and this isn't really an issue. But what about a new player or someone in a luck suit with low resist? The point of going tamer is to be able to hide behind your big tank of a dragon. But for whatever reason, the mechanics don't always allow that, and some people are just running with pets that don't have magery because of it. Is this working as intended? I don't think so, and it's something I would consider a bug.

Proposed solution:
Seems like the easiest thing to do is just remove invis from NPC "spellbook". Just get rid of it, it causes nothing but issues. I feel like the way invis is working on NPCs right now is basically exploiting mechanics to make it effective. Look at the Shadow Knights in Doom, I feel like this is proper utilization of the spell. They hide from you, and that makes sense.

Alternate solution. At the very least, remove invis from your pet's spells.

Sorry for the long post, the last thing I want to bring up is this. Imagine in any MMO today (WoW for example) what would happen if your main tank was fighting a boss and dropped the agro immediately and randomly. The guy would be kicked right? Or yelled at. Because that's not how tanks operate.

Anyways, thoughts? Criticism? Tell me to QQ and go play a sampire?
Drave

Re: Pet Invis

Post by Drave »

Great post, I am all for this.
Necromage PvP - Original G
Tank Macer - MC Hammer
Necroweaver tamer - Magical Bear
Crafter - Gretna Redwill

Contact me for any business enquiries.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I used to have to not do damage for 20 seconds on patchwerk or I would steal agro from the tank. God damn warlocks.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

Loler wrote:I used to have to not do damage for 20 seconds on patchwerk or I would steal agro from the tank. God damn warlocks.
See, it's post like this and things like https://youtu.be/WgvTgV5EoGY?t=27 this that make it so I can't quit WoW.

BRB, gonna go load up Warmane now :/
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

tichondrius wrote:
Loler wrote:I used to have to not do damage for 20 seconds on patchwerk or I would steal agro from the tank. God damn warlocks.
See, it's post like this and things like https://youtu.be/WgvTgV5EoGY?t=27 this that make it so I can't quit WoW.

BRB, gonna go load up Warmane now :/
Warmane? :roll: :|
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

tichondrius likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Maybe you can take a look at this just 1 more time?

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_29

Pets with high Magery were casting invisible on themselves too often. Pets will now cast heal or greater heal instead of invisibility.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

There may be something to this (assuming it hasn't changed since Publish 29 on OSI), while monsters definitely cast Invisibility on themselves from time to time, I can't seem to catch a tamed Greater Dragon doing it on OSI (it did before it was tamed). 🤔
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:20 pm There may be something to this (assuming it hasn't changed since Publish 29 on OSI), while monsters definitely cast Invisibility on themselves from time to time, I can't seem to catch a tamed Greater Dragon doing it on OSI (it did before it was tamed). 🤔
I have access to a Greater I can do some hunting with it

While taming they do all sorts of things like teleporting on to your head but how often do they do that when they are tamed

I did the logout login to get it to where we are

It would not teleport to follow me
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-2.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-2.jpg (224.43 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-3.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-3.jpg (235.48 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-4.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-4.jpg (235.73 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-5.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_17.53-5.jpg (235.17 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Try being on a ledge with your pet and all killing something not on a ledge.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 20th, 2019, 12:05 am Try being on a ledge with your pet and all killing something not on a ledge.
Dread didn't teleport or invis
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.30.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.30.jpg (205.25 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31.jpg (204.67 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31-1.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31-1.jpg (223.87 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31-2.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.31-2.jpg (216.59 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
Last edited by Bama on August 20th, 2019, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 20th, 2019, 12:05 am Try being on a ledge with your pet and all killing something not on a ledge.
The Greater burned through its mana and didn't teleport or inviz
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.37-1.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.37-1.jpg (196.73 KiB) Viewed 7954 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.37-2.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.37-2.jpg (201.7 KiB) Viewed 7954 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.38.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.38.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 7954 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.39.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.39.jpg (205.35 KiB) Viewed 7954 times
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.39-1.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_8-19_20.39-1.jpg (203.63 KiB) Viewed 7954 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!