Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:fat fingers pressed buttons
FUCK OFF
Girls shouldnt talk like that.
koziar

Re: Poisoning/Cure potions, suggested changes

Post by koziar »

I don't know how it looks like on pest, but on this shard poison was usefull. I needed sometimes use 4-5 gcure for lethal poison with 50 ep (without alchemy) and it was great.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

bump
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

can we get an reply from eos on why making a skill useful in pvp is "invalid"
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bc it isn’t “what do you want”
It’s “what is osi accurate”
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Arden wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 10:12 am Bc it isn’t “what do you want”
shes in other treads taking suggestions and making changes based on "what do you want" and most agree that template diversity is a good thing.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 10:12 am Bc it isn’t “what do you want”
It’s osi accurate but not during ML/their patch cutoff. It was part of a future patch.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

It's era accurate, everyone having 50 ep, is not which makes it seem like it should be stronger. That's why I agree with vander that if your server is going to be stuck in time while perfect items are being pumped out daily, you need to adjust. Increased skill gain is a perfect example of this.

If it's supposed to be era accurate, then you need to regularly wipe everything from ml like once a year to get a true representation of what it was like to play in this era.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

This suggestion is not being accepted at this time for two reasons:
  1. It is not a valid bug report as per the Demise ML era.
  2. Implementing some PvP balance changes from later publishes is tricky without implementing others. Publish 75 made cure potions less effective because they added other ways of resisting/curing poison in Publish 71 (and possibly other publishes before that).

(It should be noted that balancing PvP updates with custom Demise changes are not ruled out completely, and we may decide to come back to this issue in the future.)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
tank, ortiz, Josh and 2 others like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Eos wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 12:59 pm This suggestion is not being accepted at this time for two reasons:
  1. It is not a valid bug report as per the Demise ML era.
  2. Implementing some PvP balance changes from later publishes is tricky without implementing others. Publish 75 made cure potions less effective because they added other ways of resisting/curing poison in Publish 71 (and possibly other publishes before that).

(It should be noted that balancing PvP updates with custom Demise changes are not ruled out completely, and we may decide to come back to this issue in the future.)
Im trying to say this with as much respect as I can cause honest I want you to listen and think logically for a second, the poison skill is useless in pvp in its current state. Almost every pvper has 50 ep on their suit and many templates include 66-100 alchemy which increases ep by another 20-30% more. Pretty much every pvper carries potions and right now cure potions effectively make the poison skill useless, I cant think of a better reason for a pvp balance fix than the fact that a stackable cheap and spammable item has nullified a skill completely.
silanhx

Post by silanhx »

Soldiers without poison are too weak. Not only is poison skill useless, bandage skill can't reflect the original value.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

have yall decided to come back to this yet and fix it? or we just gonna keep demise a 2 template pvp shard?
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

buff poisoning, nerf pouch traps, boom poison dexxers/mages are viable again and archers lose random 50 extra damage for free.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Arden

Post by Arden »

Make pouches require an open hand (balanced doesn’t count) boom fix archers in one change