Overcast silent fizzle after spell disturbance

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
DG

Overcast silent fizzle after spell disturbance

Post by DG »

Behavior on Demise:
  • Under our OSI casting,you can immediately cast next spell after the previous one being disturbed and dont worry about overcast.The next spell will give you target cursor as usual.
Behavior on osi:
  • The overcast silent fizzle will occur when you cast a spell as soon as the last one is disturbed.
Supporting Documentation (URLs): In the video is the char i just made on OSI shard Formosa.With 0/0 FC/FCR.No Razor,UOS or other assistant tools used.Only made a built-in macro to cast miniheal.First i clicked the icon to cast a magic arrow.After waiting a while to avoid the FCR time,i targeted myself.About 0.5-1 second later(waiting for the delayed damage),i began to spam the miniheal.Then there was the overcast silent fizzle after the first miniheal being disturbed.I tested this for three times in the video.
I repeated the same test on Demise OSI casting,there are no overcast issue after spell disturbance.

A side note:FCR takes effect too when overcast happens.You can verify it in the video.
Will-twins, tank, Josh and 5 others like this.
Vitek-

Re: Overcast silent fizzle after spell disturbance

Post by Vitek- »

@eos super important not being sarcastic

dueling is fun atm but people get away with bullshit recoveries when they were cycled down fairly b/c of this
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
dlb

Post by dlb »

bump
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

bump
Josh

Post by Josh »

+1 for anything to make casting as close to osi as possible (making it near identical definitely will help get people here, someone just asked me how close it was to determine if they wanted to play).
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Pls
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Bump
Selene
Demise Administrator

Post by Selene »

We are looking into this. :)
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Selene wrote:We are looking into this. :)
Are you also fixing the 2/5 being better than 2/6? Or just fixing disrupt penalty?
Will-twins likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

Fixing this will solve 2/5 problem.

2/5 is faster because you can continue using the uos managed casting macros and have no overcasting issue.After fixing this,once you are disrupted,holding the macro key down will simply produce overcasting and screw you up.

Actually 2/5 will make overcasting worse.You have to wait 0.25 sec longer to cast next spell once you over cast.Fcr takes effect too when overcasting happens.
Last edited by DG on May 15th, 2019, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

i prefer how 2/5 currently is
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:Fixing this will solve 2/5 problem.

2/5 is faster because you can continue using the uos managed casting macros and have no overcasting issue.After fixing this,once you are disrupted,holding the macro key down will simply produce overcasting and screw you up.
well, they dont have the overcasting mechanic added to 2/5 only 2/6, so wouldn't they have to add that to 2/5 to make it like 2/6 outside of disrupting?
DG

Post by DG »

2/5 is faster because macros/queued targets are faster.Its not because of the game mechanic.

Overcasting will happen to 2/5 if you hold one key down and get disrupted.Furthermore,2/5 will be worse than 2/6 if fixing this overcasting penalty.
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:2/5 is faster because macros/queued targets are faster.Its not because of the game mechanic.

Overcasting will happen to 2/5 if you hold one key down and get disrupted.Furthermore,2/5 will be worse than 2/6 if fixing this overcasting penalty.
using the same macro, why is 2/5 faster than 2/6 if it's based on macros, that doesn't make sense to me that's it's macros, seems like it's game mechanics.
Don't they need to add the overcast penalty to 2/5 to equalize it?

also, the recovery feels much faster even when you don't use a macro, I use only hot keys and it felt faster just playing by hand when I used it.

edit: if this fixes it, that's cool, just im skeptical they're the same issue.
DG

Post by DG »

Wait and see.
Josh likes this.