Working As Intended trap crates

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Anthony File

Re: trap crates

Post by Anthony File »

Low damage, infinite use trap boxes is a bad idea. It ruins and negates the use of paralyzing blow, paralyze spell, and paralyze fields.
Vitek- likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

On the flip side of that coin, parablow shouldn’t ensure 10-60 damage extra damage. (Might need a middle ground solution, which unfortunately might be custom).

I don’t think it negates para fields that much Bc the purpose of parafield in choke fights is to stall and spread the enemy giving the holding team the advantage, and even with dart boxes you have that, Bc you know they’re pushing and they still have item delay, but yes they’ll be less effective at stalling. But in the long run it’ll just speed up choke fights I think.

Paralyze spell, yea negates it pretty much, but other counters to no resist chars exist which is mana vamp, poison 100% of time, curse hits harder, etc and if they have resist then the para doesn’t matter anyhow.

Honestly, I’d enjoy the trap boxes Bc more templates but I also don’t mind if it’s not there, but I see the argument of balancing on both sides. Questions we have to ask is how effective should parablow be? Is there a way to make it less op without making it useless?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

10-30 seems fair if we're looking at custom.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion and Josh like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:10-30 seems fair if we're looking at custom.
uof style!
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Anthony File wrote:Low damage, infinite use trap boxes is a bad idea. It ruins and negates the use of paralyzing blow, paralyze spell, and paralyze fields.
thats the point idiot
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Better than negating 20 possible templates because not running magic resist is just automatic death sentence
Josh likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Force people to use it by hand, remove the steam option like they did with targeting humans, if it's obvious it's done with an easyuo script ban them because it's outside the rules. Pretty fucking simple. unless the goal is to just let everyone script everything?
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

It's sad that we even have to talk about this but that's what happens when you have no real pvpers on staff.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

All the healthy servers have mechanics and rules in place so you cant automate pvp without severe consequences, this one does not.
Josh likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

another demise bug that refuses to be fixed.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

balance pvp that's why it was allowed as a mechanic and not a "bug" on osi
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Just spent around an hour trying to get a trap to even go off and never succeeded. If anyone can get a tinkering trap to work please tell me.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

bump tried trapping a container using tinkering but the function doesnt work at all.
Arden

Post by Arden »

People will beg for this when i start exploiting the new field/wall range 🥰
Josh likes this.