Demise PVP DEAD?

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
patla

Demise PVP DEAD?

Post by patla »

i know im i am going to waste time typing this but i want to say it

when demise change the casting ALOT OF PLAYERS QUIT ? its and all true sometimes i log in and all day empty no matter the time demise is dead no pvp no players no nothing i am ping around 200 its bad but if they change the casting back like old casting maybe some players will play or else enjoy like this all day empty and have fun buy or sell items for nothing wasting time.. all i want it casting back and ppl maybe will play again if not enjoy .. have fun like this :)
Tagima likes this.
DG

Re: Demise PVP DEAD?

Post by DG »

Pvp is still there. Go making some spawns .Raids and ganks are still very likely to happen. In later asian evenings, you may see around 20 ppl fighting.

Wish pvp more active too.

Reverting casting isn't the option though...
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

is not about the cast, is about the lack of objectives to pursue.

Even the most basic changes in the faction system, almost unanimous agreed amongst players, are not developed because of some "OSI like" philosophy.

The result is a meaningless PvP. No one feels like pursuing anything in game, so the battles are without context. That gets old. People leave for better content, even if that means playing in another UO era.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Llama Vortex wrote: September 7th, 2021, 10:21 pm is not about the cast, is about the lack of objectives to pursue.

Even the most basic changes in the faction system, almost unanimous agreed amongst players, are not developed because of some "OSI like" philosophy.

The result is a meaningless PvP. No one feels like pursuing anything in game, so the battles are without context. That gets old. People leave for better content, even if that means playing in another UO era.
To add onto what Llama said, such an old server where everyone has everything already, there is nothing to work for, no incentive to play outside of joy of pvp. With the disregard to new objectives (possibly via a unique faction system) and lack of correcting mechanics (not only osi casting but a bunch of things already reported and listed as "accepted" by staff) makes the pvp stale, so there is not much joy when pvping anymore.

In response to palta:
There's nothing fresh or interesting about pvp here anymore. Old casting won't bring the server back to life. a lot of people quit around casting change, not bc of casting change (very few people actually quit pvp bc of casting change). CHN quit around then because DG lost his suit to a bug (I think it was a bug, not sure), which was a huge force and fueled a lot of pvp. KvG quit bc pvp got boring and certain groups would simply run if they didnt have double numbers. Legitimately twice (and the exact moment i permanently logged out) a group was fighting us 10v3, but once we got 6, they went from sitting at the gate to inside the house as we got on the screen and proceeded to log out. That's the primary reason KvG leadership left (and w/o leadership kvg dies). Hz was just falling a part bc of internal issues and the absence of Anthony File, the actual soul and leadership of Hz, led to the death of Hz membership. And I presume Loop had no one to really fight, so they left. None of these groups left because of casting, most due to lack of leadership which left for various reasons.

TL;DR Everyone left bc their leadership left, DG quit bc lost suit so CHN quit, KVG leaders left bc people wouldnt fight us so kvg left, Hz kicked their real leader File, so Hz quit. Simple.
DG

Post by DG »

Chinese players never quit. It was just me took a break for real life reasons. Now I'm back and still enjoy the pvp with new templates. And I heard my guildmates are killing everyone during asian prime time😂

Every time I come back,I can always find something new in this game. Maybe ppl just need to be more dedicated and patient to get fun.

Of course new contents are needed. New Items,new events,new mechanics,etc. But it requires a lot more gm work. I think gms need more encouragement and real help like coding,not just ideas.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

DG wrote: September 20th, 2021, 3:14 am Chinese players never quit. It was just me took a break for real life reasons. Now I'm back and still enjoy the pvp with new templates. And I heard my guildmates are killing everyone during asian prime time😂

Every time I come back,I can always find something new in this game. Maybe ppl just need to be more dedicated and patient to get fun.

Of course new contents are needed. New Items,new events,new mechanics,etc. But it requires a lot more gm work. I think gms need more encouragement and real help like coding,not just ideas.
Nah, I meant most the Chinese players quit pvping while you were gone.

Afaik they don’t accept outside code anymore, they used to back in the day. Probably because it makes coding sloppy at times if it’s not super coordinated.