Hz got busted.

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Legacy

Re: Hz got busted.

Post by Legacy »

I will wait for Eos' input on this one.
Lucifall
Grifo likes this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

I will wait for Eos' input on this one.

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZZzzZzzZz...............

:coffee:
hrs024 likes this.
MB

Post by MB »

Grifo wrote:Anyone can send this macro for me? Please!

No macros in loop guild, we need a good programmer for win!
Here you go, friend.

if counttypeground 0x1854 38 18 == 16 and counttypeground 0x1854 0 18 == 4
allymsg 'T4, 16R, 4W'
endif
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I don't see anything illegal in the terms of multiclienting as suggested. There may be a euo illegalality issue here, though.

Let me explain: Unless someone is actively in combat on 2 clients, such as we've seen Freedom Fighter do on several occasions, then being in an area where it is possible to be killed isn't illegal. I could have 3 of my weavers at fel brit bank, where they enter combat and get killed a lot, and be actively in combat on another client such as pvping or pvming. I could also be sitting in my 7x7 house and some cigarette decides to earthquake, explo pot, etc my character while I'm on another client actively engaging in combat.

Let's also consider the line: that gives an advantage.

The op is concerning the candle bot, which does not give an advantage in combat.

Subsequent other posts concern the intruder alert bot. This may be more concerning from an advantage stand point, but it's been allowed for as long as I've been here. I'm sure every guild uses something similar. Let me clarify the last statement: Ethan Dalmer is always watching entrances during spawns, Unicorn is always watching entrances during spawns, chuckles, malo, and Zulu have champ spawn entrance watchers, and Herzog, gungle george, and hornswoggle have been watching entrances for years. B b but they don't run scripts blah blah blah. It doesn't matter. It's the same thing. You want to critize one guild for doing the exact same thing you're doing. Maybe they should just ban every member of Hz, kvg, nwo, and req as an example for such nefarious activities. I'm sure loop does the same thing, but I've never participated in a spawn with them to verify this nor can I remember brunus doing this back in the day.

Finally, we come fully circle on the advantage line with gate bots. These were never punished. People may still use them in a manner that is deemed an advantage if one can manage to out run/out tele your opponent for the required amount of time.

Have a nice day.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vitek- and Exillion like this.
The Silvertiger

MB wrote:
Grifo wrote:Anyone can send this macro for me? Please!

No macros in loop guild, we need a good programmer for win!
Here you go, friend.

if counttypeground 0x1854 38 18 == 16 and counttypeground 0x1854 0 18 == 4
allymsg 'T4, 16R, 4W'
endif
You wouldn't happen to be interested in giving him the other candle counts would you. :)
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:I don't see anything illegal in the terms of multiclienting as suggested. There may be a euo illegalality issue here, though.

Let me explain: Unless someone is actively in combat on 2 clients, such as we've seen Freedom Fighter do on several occasions, then being in an area where it is possible to be killed isn't illegal. I could have 3 of my weavers at fel brit bank, where they enter combat and get killed a lot, and be actively in combat on another client such as pvping or pvming. I could also be sitting in my 7x7 house and some cigarette decides to earthquake, explo pot, etc my character while I'm on another client actively engaging in combat.

Let's also consider the line: that gives an advantage.

The op is concerning the candle bot, which does not give an advantage in combat.

Subsequent other posts concern the intruder alert bot. This may be more concerning from an advantage stand point, but it's been allowed for as long as I've been here. I'm sure every guild uses something similar. Let me clarify the last statement: Ethan Dalmer is always watching entrances during spawns, Unicorn is always watching entrances during spawns, chuckles, malo, and Zulu have champ spawn entrance watchers, and Herzog, gungle george, and hornswoggle have been watching entrances for years. B b but they don't run scripts blah blah blah. It doesn't matter. It's the same thing. You want to critize one guild for doing the exact same thing you're doing. Maybe they should just ban every member of Hz, kvg, nwo, and req as an example for such nefarious activities. I'm sure loop does the same thing, but I've never participated in a spawn with them to verify this nor can I remember brunus doing this back in the day.

Finally, we come fully circle on the advantage line with gate bots. These were never punished. People may still use them in a manner that is deemed an advantage if one can manage to out run/out tele your opponent for the required amount of time.

Have a nice day.
so your saying their is no advantage gained from having script accounts checking every spawn 24/7?
Legacy likes this.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote: so your saying their is no advantage gained from having script accounts checking every spawn 24/7?
Not in combat. Same as running hw, lumberjack, tailor, pet resser, etc doesn't effect combat.
Selling List & Vendor

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: so your saying their is no advantage gained from having script accounts checking every spawn 24/7?
Not in combat. Same as running hw, lumberjack, tailor, pet resser, etc doesn't effect combat.
Thats bullshit and you know it.
Haswell

Post by Haswell »

I'm pretty sure this = no news (for both players and staff members)
ps: for at least 2+ years
Brad

Post by Brad »

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Great counter-argument.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Maybe you could tie it in with an early raid scenario... It's about to pop reenforce the altar, but other than that it literally gives not a single advantage in combat. It's the same as dying on your spawner, bringing in a pk, and checking your ghosts screen for a candle count, which isn't illegal. It may give an advantage in knowledge of where things, people, etc are, but so does switching between clients to a bank sitter, automated/unautomated intruder alert bot, etc.

Look everyone knows it's a crappy tactic and that it is more than likely violating the third party software rule by using euo to do things that uos can't, but it's not giving an unfair advantage in combat such as a healer bot, spawning/champ killing bot, automated PvP bot, etc.
Selling List & Vendor

The Silvertiger

Haswell wrote:I'm pretty sure this = no news (for both players and staff members)
ps: for at least 2+ years
Try 7+ years. ;)
Selling List & Vendor

pimpinez and Haswell like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Not in combat. Same as running hw, lumberjack, tailor, pet resser, etc doesn't effect combat.
Maybe you could tie it in with an early raid scenario... It's about to pop reenforce the altar, but other than that it literally gives not a single advantage in combat. It's the same as dying on your spawner, bringing in a pk, and checking your ghosts screen for a candle count, which isn't illegal. It may give an advantage in knowledge of where things, people, etc are, but so does switching between clients to a bank sitter, automated/unautomated intruder alert bot, etc.

Look everyone knows it's a crappy tactic and that it is more than likely violating the third party software rule by using euo to do things that uos can't, but it's not giving an unfair advantage in combat such as a healer bot, spawning/champ killing bot, automated PvP bot, etc.
Not having to check spawns is an unfair advantage and it violates the risk vs reward aspect of fel, there is only risk if someone is using a computer to check spawns all day.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Brad wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Not in combat. Same as running hw, lumberjack, tailor, pet resser, etc doesn't effect combat.
Great counter-argument.
I dont need a counter argument anyone thats not a piece of shit scum understands my point.
Brad

Post by Brad »

Even better counter-argument, you're on a roll.