apples/mortal

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
desalonne

apples/mortal

Post by desalonne »

Wondering what the GM thoughts are on balancing the archer/mortal spam fest that is the current meta? i dont really understand why we moved the apple timer from the standard 30 seconds that OSI has to a 2 minute timer, especially with the way casting is here. On top of i dont understand why we haven't introduced the diminishing returns on mortal (especially considering apples are nerfed to shit) to that of osi/paralyze.

With the way casting/scripts work on current demise pvp is a much faster paced environment so i dont understand the purpose of nerfing apples into 2 minutes. I would like to propose that we reduce the apple timer to its standard 30 seconds (which lets be honest is still a long ass time in a fight) and implement the diminishing returns on mortal spams. I feel its a balance change thats really needed.

And when are we getting that teleport fix? lets make demise pvp great again! (nothing recommended in this post will affect anyone in the pvm/trammel community)
Bad Religion likes this.
Logain

Re: apples/mortal

Post by Logain »

Don`t forget mele AI cap increase from 35 to 40! ;)
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

same shit we've been proving broken for years. staff doesnt pvp nor have any clue how pvp mechanics are supposed to be. They need someone on their staff that actually pvps and has done it for years on multiple servers/osi. Not just some idiot who has been on this server forever and abuses all the exploits he can.
Rakka likes this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

well so this was a post to give advice to balance those pvp mechanics especially since the arguement most of the time is that they dont wanna make changes that have impact over the PVM side of the community, but the proposed changes in this post are purely balance changes for pvp. and they are easy fixes. most of them are simply adding the same code for the paralyze diminish return to mortal and then changing a 2 minute timer to 30 seconds. probably a total of 15 minutes of work to fix with such a HUGE impact.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

desalonne wrote:Wondering what the GM thoughts are on balancing the archer/mortal spam fest that is the current meta? i dont really understand why we moved the apple timer from the standard 30 seconds that OSI has to a 2 minute timer, especially with the way casting is here. On top of i dont understand why we haven't introduced the diminishing returns on mortal (especially considering apples are nerfed to shit) to that of osi/paralyze.

With the way casting/scripts work on current demise pvp is a much faster paced environment so i dont understand the purpose of nerfing apples into 2 minutes. I would like to propose that we reduce the apple timer to its standard 30 seconds (which lets be honest is still a long ass time in a fight) and implement the diminishing returns on mortal spams. I feel its a balance change thats really needed.

And when are we getting that teleport fix? lets make demise pvp great again! (nothing recommended in this post will affect anyone in the pvm/trammel community)

With the miniheal button and 30second apple timer - mages will be completely unkillable.

Mages are somewhat hard to kill as it is with a 2 minute timer.

thank staff for allowing uo-steam and rapid fire casting.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
isterico likes this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

mages wont be unkillable at all. 30 seconds is FOREVER in a field fight.....mortal lasts for 8 seconds. diminishing returns on mortal keeps you safe for 8 seconds. that still leaves 16 seconds before your next apple and still gives an archer 2 more mortals before you can apple again.

Miniheal while yes broken is EASILY outplayable. it just means you need to sync spells or target the same player as an archer, it literally fixes half the pvp on the servers problems that include just scripted garbage. you now have to time apples instead of auto script them for them to be effective.

its no different than current pvp where you sync/100% kill your enemy because pots/bandages/miniheal will keep you alive if you dont. fixing the apple timer and mortal simply make it so its not 100% guaranteed that you will be killed due to the 300 people playing crossbow archers just spamming mortal or the tactics mages teleporting mortal everything. its never been a problem on osi to have that kind of balance. and to argue it would make people unkillable is false. considering how broken and OP OSI is currently apples still dont save peoples lives.
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

need nerf hit mana leech in archers, they wont mortal you if they havent mana =)
Just in demise its happening with mortal spamm and 34 xbow hits =)
Bama likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Eh, I don't see problems with apples as they are right now. Kind of forces the team to have a support guy or play around the mortal spam. Annoying, but I think apples every 30s taking out debuffs and mortal is worse. I'd basically have to retire my necro mage (people often apple out of a simple strangle, for example).
Lucifall
Tempest likes this.
ChadToBad

Post by ChadToBad »

stop bitchin thats everyone does cry and bitch dont like dont play
discord PsychoSomatic#4922
Tempest likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

desalonne wrote:Wondering what the GM thoughts are on balancing the archer/mortal spam fest that is the current meta? i dont really understand why we moved the apple timer from the standard 30 seconds that OSI has to a 2 minute timer, especially with the way casting is here. On top of i dont understand why we haven't introduced the diminishing returns on mortal (especially considering apples are nerfed to shit) to that of osi/paralyze.

When they were first introduced to demise, they had no cool down so you were virtually unkillable. Same with essence if wind. It is as balanced as they can make it for now. I do agree mortal needs a bit of a Nerf as well as the teleport issue but good fuckin luck getting anything fixed when the disphits who can fix it are on permanent vacation. Still don't have a fucking donation store.....and that I don understand because it's a huge source of income. My advice, stop playing for sport and play for shits and giggles because there's absolutely no competition on this server anymore. It's all a bunch of dumb fucks who have no talent.
Also, I would be fine if everything stayed the same except for trammel. Delete that shit and let the games begin
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

On a side note, if you get mortal run away. Lol

We had solid evidence provided by the guys who disagreed with MB in his own guild that he was using target share as well as spawn checking script that sent emails and posted shit in discord automatically all ran by afk bots. Nothing was ever done to fix that shit and to my knowledge it still goes on. So yea good luck trying posting shit that's wrong with demise in any attempt to make pvp or gameplay more viable
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Diminishing returns on mortal would be fine, but with demise's mechanics 30 sec apples would be crazy. As it stands now you have to survive 2 mins between apples, which isn't terribly difficult for mages in a 1v1,2,3... With 30 second apples the only way to kill some mages would be synched drops by 4-5 people. If they're running alchy, just forget about it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Logain likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Diminishing returns on mortal would be fine, but with demise's mechanics 30 sec apples would be crazy. As it stands now you have to survive 2 mins between apples, which isn't terribly difficult for mages in a 1v1,2,3... With 30 second apples the only way to kill some mages would be synched drops by 4-5 people. If they're running alchy, just forget about it.
Nah, plenty of times people have died due to not being able to use an apple within the 2 minute window. I think 1 minute is a better time, 30s might be a bit fast. Also allowing 30s allows it to be used for more than just mortal. It opens up more survivability in pvp by being able to apple strangles, curses, etc
Arden

Post by Arden »

GM John PVPs....

Just so happens he plays a peacer. In the zerg pvm guild.

This discussion is pointless...we've asked for this. The community/staff wont support it.

An archer literally just told me yesterday he could kill any mage on the server by landing 4 mortals in a row. The fact that demise pvp boils down to "did I hit you with mortal?" yes/no? is so hilarious.

Why trash guilds and trash players dont see that literally everyone in KVG is a book mage...a fucking book mage (or parry). With the exception of Epi who we mainly ask to para blow. Syncing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mortal spam. Learn to play the damn game. But on this server the meta is mortal spam and pray. Feels like Im back playing CS:go with dewds trying to spray me down instead of learning to aim.

I get why the changes dont come. The pvp community would fall apart. Remove mortal, remove cus, remove tele specials, mini heal scripts, telport scripts etc...who would actually still pvp besides a hand full of people?
hrs024, Josh and zulu2401 like this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Arden wrote:GM John PVPs....

Just so happens he plays a peacer. In the zerg pvm guild.

This discussion is pointless...we've asked for this. The community/staff wont support it.

An archer literally just told me yesterday he could kill any mage on the server by landing 4 mortals in a row. The fact that demise pvp boils down to "did I hit you with mortal?" yes/no? is so hilarious.

Why trash guilds and trash players dont see that literally everyone in KVG is a book mage...a fucking book mage (or parry). With the exception of Epi who we mainly ask to para blow. Syncing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mortal spam. Learn to play the damn game. But on this server the meta is mortal spam and pray. Feels like Im back playing CS:go with dewds trying to spray me down instead of learning to aim.

I get why the changes dont come. The pvp community would fall apart. Remove mortal, remove cus, remove tele specials, mini heal scripts, telport scripts etc...who would actually still pvp besides a hand full of people?
Me cuz I like to pretend I'm a wizard