Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Legacy

Re: Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Post by Legacy »

Now, to be fair: I can play with OSI casting. I would have to do some practice to get the timings right again, but that probably wouldn't be something that would make ME quit. It does makes 1x1s fairer, and requires a wee bit more skill in synch dumps and synch heals, which are a plus, so a lot of people today would have to adapt. I can't vouch for every pvp'er who enjoys the status quo, tho.

However, historically, in the 14 years I've been here PvP didn't die because of a bug or a system that didn't work right. It died because incentives sucked and staff didn't really care about PvP and people got bored of it. Our PvP events reward less than I could get by killing people in brit for insurance. Events are extremely rare and far between, and always the same stuff. There are no specific pvp rewards that could bring some interest.

***Server Wars, which was the "weekly pvp event" of sorts, got ****** in the streets by the move to Friday, where barely anyone can get online, to acommodate events (and not like it was really an issue to begin with for those atteding those, but it's a complete game changer for those of us who attended it for the PvP action)***

So PvP eventually returns to being brit gate fighting all day. It has always been like this, tbh.
Lucifall
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Ajani wrote:If llama,Josh,Arden,Vander quit that would make the forums 100x better
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:
Ajani wrote:If llama,Josh,Arden,Vander quit that would make the forums 100x better
ur shit.
Shallan likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Legacy wrote:the things u said.
I pvp bc i think it's fun, idc about getting items, they're just a reason people fight. Anyhow, a year and some months ago there was a ton of pvp. Yall had like 20, hz had 20, kvg had some number in teens and occassionally 20 with NWO, ChN had 20, req had some, (who played consistently not always at the same time though). There was no new incentive, nothing new dropped at htown that year.

As opposed to this year there was an incentive this year at htown and very few people played. Loop has maybe 6 people who consistently played? Req had quite a bit, KvG didnt have a ton, hz had a lot too bc they were with nwo. Overall i think there were less people this year than the previous year during htown.

Honestly, I've heard it many many times that people won't play here bc they think the pvp is bad because of the casting. I've heard it from many of my friends, many osi players and many non-osi players.

Some kind of mechanic has to change for people to want to pvp here. I can tell you everyone in kvg loves pvping, just to pvp, dont get me wrong we like incentives too or fighting over objectives, but most of us do not like the current system. We know it, we know how to play around it, we know how to abuse it and/or beat it, but it saps ALOT of the fun out of it.

Idk man adding some incentive on a server that I don't like the pvp won't get me to play.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I dont think making a second server is a good idea, because it divides the community and will be a skewed result because pvmers will stay on the original server while the people who like pvping on osi casting will move over, but you're comparing pvmers + script pvpers vs osi pvpers you're not gonna have a balanced number. It'd be impossible to compare the script pvpers vs the osi pvpers in that manner. Assuming we're comparing, based on the suggestion, that tram would be demise casting vs osi casting would be in fel.

Also, who the fuck would join a "temporary server?" If someone said "demise is making an osi-casting duped server thats temporary" I wouldnt join it if I were newer player who said no to the server because it didnt have osi casting.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Yo save the walls for the field, boys. OSI casting is in arena just stop being egotistical faggots and fight there instead of Brit. Had a blast there the yesterday and GMs were watching then did a bunch of awesome events for us after including OSI casting
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Arden

Post by Arden »

Vitek- wrote:Yo save the walls for the field, boys. OSI casting is in arena just stop being egotistical faggots and fight there instead of Brit. Had a blast there the yesterday and GMs were watching then did a bunch of awesome events for us after including OSI casting
I heard :( might be too little too late for me man.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

just let the server die
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bad Religion wrote:just let the server die
+1
michaspener

Post by michaspener »

As a 1410 we probably suspend our activity in march due to no casting fix
Bad Religion likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

michaspener wrote:As a 1410 we probably suspend our activity in march due to no casting fix
Prob best call. Let it the server die bc of in willingness to change !
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Arden wrote:
michaspener wrote:As a 1410 we probably suspend our activity in march due to no casting fix
Prob best call. Let it the server die bc of in willingness to change !
yup, im done too
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Done as well. Tried to play a little bit again, but the same old templates, doing the same old broken things broke my spirit.

RIP Demise.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Oh but wait!? You wanted a response is what you guys said. Now the response isn't good enough? So you'll quit. They basically said if you will work with them they will implement it in part or the whole.

Maybe you just wanted to troll...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

So EPi,Arden,Josh<llama are done? Is Candy Bars next?
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit