Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Llama Vortex

Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Post by Llama Vortex »

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

https://goo.gl/forms/B8TjAY7a0moKDWGp2

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hello, I made a form to get everyone's inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP. I will share the results as soon as we have a decent number of peeps surveyed.

I will also be opened to adding some other questions, so PM me if you have any suggestions.
Llama Vortex

Re: Getting your inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP

Post by Llama Vortex »

Come on guys, we have 19 answers, let's get a few more. Ask your friends that have left Demise to answer as well. TY.
Bad Religion likes this.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

First of all, I would like to thank the people that responded. :popcorn:
Here are some results. We could have a lot more if staff were encouraging peoples opinions and if they recognize the urge to change. But, despite of that we got some interesting insights.

53% of the respondents have 5 years or more of Demise.

Almost 54% of the respondents engage in PvP more than 3 times a week.

30,8% of the respondents are HZ, followed by 23% from KVG

Almost 77% of the respondents play some kind of mage template

And yet, 73% of the respondents are in favor of implementing OSI casting

Almost 62% of the players are in favor of making riding a strong pet without taming unviable for PvP

11 respondents (42%) are not in favor of blocking features from UOS. 58% are in favor of having some feature blocked server sided, and handled spell casting, journal reading and tile coordinates reading are the winners.

Regarding mana, stamina and life leech, people are divided.

The same happens when the subject is implementing a delay between cure potions

Reducing criminal time is the choice of 62%

Reducing echanted apples' time between usage is the way to go for almost 58%

There's no doubt that people think that faction skill loss time is way too long. Almost 81% of the respondents chose to decrease it.

This is one of my favorites. 73% think that we should implement a delay between mortals.

Bots are not bothering people as I supposed they were. 58% of the respondents think Demise should implement some kind of in-game captcha.

When the subject is loot, though, people are almost unison. Almost 85% of the respondents think that Demise's loot need improvement.
DG, Bad Religion and Yumiako like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

well presented. wish we had more people taking the survey, maybe a link from the gms in game?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yea i think we need a bigger sample size tbh. But still appreciate the post.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Sample same size
Pretty small :( not sure what we can draw from it but it def represents most posters. Too bad you can’t get that link put in game at log in and a reward for completing it
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Agreed. Small sample :(

But since the subject is mainly PvP related, I don't think we will get a lot more people than that, unfortunately.
DG

Post by DG »

I wish I could participate.But I failed to register a google account ....
kobra

Post by kobra »

If I'm correctly osi casting is literally nerfing casting. If you guys are thinking about slowing down my game because it's to fast for you maybe instead of doing it play little more and learn how to deal with it :)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

kobra wrote:If I'm correctly osi casting is literally nerfing casting. If you guys are thinking about slowing down my game because it's to fast for you maybe instead of doing it play little more and learn how to deal with it :)
You are correct. Mostly mages wanting to nerf their own class. I enjoy it from a dueling perspective, but I don't see it being so much more enjoyable in the field unless you catch a 1v1.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

kobra wrote:If I'm correctly osi casting is literally nerfing casting. If you guys are thinking about slowing down my game because it's to fast for you maybe instead of doing it play little more and learn how to deal with it :)
I know how to deal with it. I don't need a script to beat 90% of you people. The idea is the create a casting that doesn't make scripting significantly stronger than someone who doesnt cheat. Osi casting is the best middle ground because scripts can be used but they are also counterable.

This demise casting has never been a question of skill, it's absurdly stupid to think it is, osi casting is only for creating balance between non-scripting and scripting.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
You are correct. Mostly mages wanting to nerf their own class. I enjoy it from a dueling perspective, but I don't see it being so much more enjoyable in the field unless you catch a 1v1.
Its good in the field because you have to work as a team to actually kill someone or to keep someone alive. Simply holding down a script to miniheal spam someone should not be the criteria for surviving a well timed dump. It's super frustrating seeing someone heal more than an ebolt will do while its the air with just holding down one miniheal (this is just the missile speed vs miniheal self time, you can heal more hp than taken, it's kinda crazy).

Also it forces people to position well, people get away with A LOT of mistakes because they have these scripts.

Also the biggest gripe from people, actually, is the teleport spamming, the fact a dexxer cant get away from a mage if the mage simply teleports. Or a mage can get away from any dexxer by simply teleporting. This makes it really imbalanced for dexxers. Or teleport bola spamming, some people like doing that too, it's dumb.

Another point is melee dexxers. Being able to disrupt with things like bleed and weapon hits are very valuable. Mages should not be this strong. There is a reason there are very very few melee dexxers (and even less effective ones, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 total melee dexxers be decent). Slower casting is the only way to make multiple melee dexxers actually effective.
DG likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Obvious trolls are obvious.

The game isn’t too fast. The scripts make the game boringly fast. Any trash player can hold down a button. Shit the fact that some people think you’re actually a good healer on this sever Dom is bc you had the chiv heal script before most.

We ARE asking for a nerf to mages. An overall nerf but taking into consideration skill cap mages will still be “S+ tier” you just have to know what you’re doing.

Demise mages “this is where i hold down 1 than 2 I will win”

Osi mages “I’m going to drop this, cast weaken, then MA, etc then see what he does. If he does A I’ll do B. If he does C I’ll do D.”

Demise mages “fuck 1 didn’t work, time to work on the script for 1”

Osi mages “fuck that didn’t work, that guy is good. I’ll have to try something different next time”
kobra

Post by kobra »

Guys you didint have to jump on me because I don't like your idea.
I just truly believe that slowing down uo isn't a good choice, for me we could speed it up a little :)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Its good in the field because you have to work as a team to actually kill someone or to keep someone alive. Simply holding down a script to miniheal spam someone should not be the criteria for surviving a well timed dump. It's super frustrating seeing someone heal more than an ebolt will do while its the air with just holding down one miniheal (this is just the missile speed vs miniheal self time, you can heal more hp than taken, it's kinda crazy).

Also it forces people to position well, people get away with A LOT of mistakes because they have these scripts.

Also the biggest gripe from people, actually, is the teleport spamming, the fact a dexxer cant get away from a mage if the mage simply teleports. Or a mage can get away from any dexxer by simply teleporting. This makes it really imbalanced for dexxers. Or teleport bola spamming, some people like doing that too, it's dumb.

Another point is melee dexxers. Being able to disrupt with things like bleed and weapon hits are very valuable. Mages should not be this strong. There is a reason there are very very few melee dexxers (and even less effective ones, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 total melee dexxers be decent). Slower casting is the only way to make multiple melee dexxers actually effective.
I think someone will be able to script heal just as easy with OSI-casting.

The TP's are disgusting. I'm surprised no one is using them with a melee class.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."