Psycho

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
atomic chicken

Re: Psycho

Post by atomic chicken »

I do present a logical argument as to why things should change. Actually I’ve advocated it many times on my banned account.

I would love a reply “no” to my suggestions. I Haven’t been getting those. That was kinda the whole point of the posts about transparency.

Black/white? Wut? I don’t understand how that’s causation/correlation. Correlation means they happened related to each other but one is not necessarily a cause of it. Causation means it is a cause of an action. It certainly is correlation if not causation.

P.S. I think they added the questions per month to add transparency.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not black and white in terms of they read what you say, but it's not a "yes lets do that exactly" or a "no lets not do that exactly". you might complain about something, and it might be implemented, you might complain about something else, and it's not. it might be partially implemented. they might think of another way to implement it, or solve your problem.

it's not as black and white as:
if complain - fix
if complain - dont fix

all you are doing at the end of the day is giving them feedback on the health of their world. it's up to them how they respond to that. feedback is *good*. but demanding stuff and complaining about stuff is never really gonna do anything other than make them aware of the issue.

what it means to say it's not black and white, means it's not digital, it's not 1 or 0, it's not yes or no. there is a grey area of possibilities between 'yes' and 'no'.

(digital people are logical people.. but there are way more advanced forms of logic, like fuzzy logic, which deals with values between 0 and 1, and probabilities of things happening, or degrees of things happening.)

complaints may cause or corrilate to changes, they may not. it's not black and white.

but as i said on the other thread, honestly i think some of the changes people want are not implemented because they would require a major overhaul of the code. not because they are just decided against.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

(Rude reply)Bugs have been reported and researched in pretty much everyway possible. The response has been lackluster to non-existent until recently. Your friend bama has posted over 100 bugs and most of those received 0 response... Not a thank you for reporting that [what most games do]... Not a hey we'll check into it... Not a no... Not a not at this time... Not even an acknowledgement that the bug report has been received.

That's what is so frustrating about this whole process.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 27th, 2020, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

Did you guys watch my video?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:00 am Once again you show that you have 0 understanding on this matter. Bugs have been reported and researched in pretty much everyway possible. The response has been lackluster to non-existent until recently. Your friend bama has posted over 100 bugs and most of those received 0 response... Not a thank you for reporting that [what most games do]... Not a hey we'll check into it... Not a no... Not a not at this time... Not even an acknowledgement that the bug report has been received.

Not even a “ hey we are going to change that this weekend so do what you need to do to take advantage of the info before anyone else does “
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:00 am Once again you show that you have 0 understanding on this matter. Bugs have been reported and researched in pretty much everyway possible. The response has been lackluster to non-existent until recently. Your friend bama has posted over 100 bugs and most of those received 0 response... Not a thank you for reporting that [what most games do]... Not a hey we'll check into it... Not a no... Not a not at this time... Not even an acknowledgement that the bug report has been received.

ya know the "thankyou for reporting that" is automated....? they have their own list of bugs, each has a priority.
when they work on it, they will work on the highest priority thing. the difference is when you have a proper games company, you have many paid people working through that list. also the vast majority of bugs you are talking about will be caught in QA - a games company is like 10% designers, 20% programmers, 20% artists, and about 50% QA. they are play tested to fuck BEFORE release. this is not that.

they generally have 2 floors, one is full of the designers/artists/programmers, who work together, the other is full of QA. i can tell you for a fact it's how Travellers Tales, Sony Computer Entertainment, Foundry 42, and Ubisoft work.

almost everyone starts in QA, unless you're super super talented.

quite often they will go back and revert to an earlier build and stuff. in some cases you are effectively asking for alpha level fixes and redesigns, on a published live build..

there's a simple solution really. just make a seer account, and post "thankyou for reporting this issue" on all the threads. make a bot for it... if that's really all ya want.

thing is they are working at about 10% of the speed of professionals because they are not paid, only a couple of people can do the work, and they're getting about 10x the amount of bug reports. plus they're trying to fix code that is not easily accessible and understandable, that they didn't write themselves... and they have to keep live at the same time!

jesus man.. ya really dont know what you're asking. just appreciate what they do get done... really... they are too busy to do that and report back to you. all the time they would be reporting, is time they could be working instead.

even if the response isn't automated btw, you are not dealing with the design team, you are dealing with the customer service team. it's usually a hot chick. the same people that do the conferences and events; the nerds dont do that, they'd be terrible at it lol
when you see a hot girl from the studio talking about like GTA 6 or something, do you really think she works on the game?
i mean she sort of does... but she wont touch a computer except to check the twitter feed and stuff.

dont get me wrong, there are women in the games industry, but they are nerds too.

Bama wrote: May 14th, 2020, 10:36 am Not even a “ hey we are going to change that this weekend so do what you need to do to take advantage of the info before anyone else does “
i've lost out a lot due to changes too... but it's fair in it's unfairness.... no-one gets that insider info, or at least they shouldn't....
*looks over the gms* i dont know who you are, but you know who you are... ;)

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. that's the game. they should never burn their players too badly though, or they'll just bugger off. so that's in no-ones interest. like X's house drops.

look right, you are correct in that i dont know the specifics of the demise setup, and im not super familiar with the runUO code and stuff. but i do know the proper production process for a games company, and i can tell you it has not been followed on runUO because it is not a professional product made for retail. these are the results. they do things how they do them for fucking reasons, and they know what those reasons are, because they have made games before.

if you asked the demise team to do another project, they would have learnt so much from making this, and they would plan for things that would crop up in the future. but this was not made with that foresight, and they cant just scrap it, they have to work with what they have; most of the problems will be from that. i really think they do the best they can, and it seems like you guys are never happy.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: May 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm in some cases you are effectively asking for alpha level fixes and redesigns, on a published live build..
then again.. it is a 90s game... :lol:
they did do that in them days.
The Silvertiger

@arden yes, great as always and your music was better than Josh's. 😹

@Calvin... I'm not into game design books. Maybe you could tease me with a mystery.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 14th, 2020, 2:55 pm @Calvin... I'm not into game design books. Maybe you could tease me with a mystery.
sorry my £30,000 4 year bachelor of science degree is in games design, not mystery.
The Silvertiger

That's it 30k euros... Bro you got off cheap. I hope you're actually using it and not just writing free books on an emulator of a niche gaming forum.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on May 14th, 2020, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i totally did get off cheap, i got in the last year before they bumped the tuition fees to like 3x what they were!

all my mates were so pissed off at that lol. cos i did 2 years of philosophy before i switched to games design, so i was in the same year but on the old system.

.... the problem for me is never the work, it's the people. they want to get to know you and stuff... urgh... people are hard work.