Nerf Non Tamers From Riding Cu/Nightmare

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Juice

Nerf Non Tamers From Riding Cu/Nightmare

Post by Juice »

This was never possible on OSI and it takes away from other aspects of the game.
isterico and Arden like this.
mguerine

Re: Nerf Non Tamers From Riding Cu/Nightmare

Post by mguerine »

That should be nerfed as soon as possible. It is unfair with new players who dont have enough account time to run with soul stone.

Also, dismount should be nerfed too. Hows that work? Is there a chance to hit dismount with bolas? It seems that every try is 100% to hit. Let's play with horses guys and try to kill your 'amiguinho' the old way :-D
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

mguerine wrote: July 1st, 2020, 12:09 pm That should be nerfed as soon as possible. It is unfair with new players who dont have enough account time to run with soul stone.

Also, dismount should be nerfed too. Hows that work? Is there a chance to hit dismount with bolas? It seems that every try is 100% to hit. Let's play with horses guys and try to kill your 'amiguinho' the old way :-D
Bola's are a 100% success hit rate but you MUST stay within line of sight in order for the bola to be successful. Best way to not get bola'd is A) break the line of sight (run around a house for example) B) get really good at timing when the bola is coming and dismount yourself before it lands to dodge it. or C) dont get bola'd.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

You forgot stay in tram.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

The Silvertiger wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:14 pm You forgot stay in tram.
See option C.
mguerine

Post by mguerine »

desalonne wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:20 pm
mguerine wrote: July 1st, 2020, 12:09 pm That should be nerfed as soon as possible. It is unfair with new players who dont have enough account time to run with soul stone.

Bola's are a 100% success hit rate but you MUST stay within line of sight in order for the bola to be successful. Best way to not get bola'd is A) break the line of sight (run around a house for example) B) get really good at timing when the bola is coming and dismount yourself before it lands to dodge it. or C) dont get bola'd.
I don't know how bolas work on OSI, but i think it must have a chance to hit. Anyway, it is indeed a side effect from cu/nightmare bug. If taming was needed to ride them, bolas shouldnt be a problem at all.
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
The Silvertiger

Disagree... Bolas would be worse: 1 bola kills your mount. Unmounted most players are dead.

With high hp mount it takes more bolas to kill your mount bc you can just hop back on it. You may also lose enemies that will attempt to kill your mount which means less dump on you. So making mounts not OSI like would just buff zergs.

So few scenarios:

Jill of Team A dismounts John Doe of Team B. John Doe was riding a swampy. Susie from Team A 1 shots swampy with her Horse Lord. John Doe dies on foot.

Jill of Team A dismounts John Doe of Team B. John Doe was riding a Hiryu. Susie of Team A kills Hiryu in a few shots with her Horse Lord. John Doe dies on foot but lasts longer than if he had a swampy bc Susie wasn't attacking him but his pet. Also, allows his team to swap kills bc while Susie was killing the Hiryu, Jill of Team A got dropped by Team B.

Jill of Team A dismounts John Doe of Team B. John Doe was riding a Hiryu. Susie of Team A only gets one shot off before John Doe remounts. John Doe rides away into the sunset.

Jill of Team A starts swinging a bola. John Doe of Team B anticipates they are targeting him and dismounts from his swampy. Susie of Team A presses play and kills the swampy with her Horse Lord. John Doe dies on foot.

Jill of Team A starts swinging a bola. John Doe of Team B anticipates they are targeting him and dismounts from his Hiryu. Susie of Team A presses play and attacks the Hiryu with her Horse Lord. John Doe remounts and rides away into the sunset.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

You forget some variables silvertiger, like ability to teleport or options to go animal form.

It just makes going a non-animal form dexxer riskier which is reasonable bc it’s a question of what you prioritize: defense (ninja) or offense (alchemy). Or you have to sacrifice something to get both like maybe hld glasses for +skill or risk 0 resist spells.

Mages can survive via teleport a lot of the time honestly, it’s not 100% but it works.

But alternatively this why factions would be nice to decrease stat timer so people can use faction warhorses (can quick res with bandaid or it might survive)

I think going no pets is a good idea (but current if osi like are fine but they’re not 100% accurate, on osi para stops mounting too), and I think bolas should miss, make it riskier time try to dismount with bolas and allow it to fail gives you a big risk instead of just bola spams.
The Silvertiger

I think it's interesting that on one hand you guys argue for template diversity via trap boxes and against template diversity via OSI like pets. Just an observation.

I actually would probably be 100% behind trap boxes myself if you didn't have to turn them.

Also, I left out so many variables bc it's impossible to list them all. Just gave some examples that seemed relevant and tried to keep pretty similar variables such as only using the horselord vs reptiles. Colored coded for small minds.
Selling List & Vendor

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 1:08 am I think it's interesting that on one hand you guys argue for template diversity via trap boxes and against template diversity via OSI like pets. Just an observation.

I actually would probably be 100% behind trap boxes myself if you didn't have to turn them.

Also, I left out so many variables bc it's impossible to list them all. Just gave some examples that seemed relevant and tried to keep pretty similar variables such as only using the horselord vs reptiles. Colored coded for small minds.
Heritage has trap boxes and you dont have to turn them, im assume if heritage can code it than demise can as well.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 1:08 am I think it's interesting that on one hand you guys argue for template diversity via trap boxes and against template diversity via OSI like pets. Just an observation.

I think template diversity is good, I think templates should have risks though, so if cu’s were fixed I think there’d be more diversity tbh, some ninja archers, some alchy who don’t adapt, honestly.

I think ways to save you via dismount is relevant variables.

Also no one uses horselords :p too slow, but reptile slayers would be smart.

I can go with or without trapboxes honestly, but I’d enjoy them so I don’t have to run resist lol
The Silvertiger

@vandy... They can do anything.

Heritage also has unrestricted UOS. Until I reported it, they still had the deciet bug. Their casting is still off, but when I pointed this out to them I was told they were done messing with casting as they had already done that.

@jose I just used the horselord as an example bc of double shot + Slayer and it was easier to say than reptile Slayer Yumi. I also separated the dismounter from the pet killer for my example which is another variable that could be relevant as the dismounter has to be dismounted. All in all, it was just a set of examples to bring light to the fact that a pet could die in one swing of a Yumi whether by dismount or bola dodging. This instantly takes the dismounted player out of the offense whether they teleport away or animal form.

Unless of course their name is All by Hand. Most players when dismounted will go into flight mode vs continuing to fight.

All of this is worsened by the fact that scripting is so prevalent to where one could easily hit a hotkey for macro\script to start attacking a pet even during a dodge.

Anyways, I don't belong here. Toodles!
Selling List & Vendor

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 5:10 am @vandy... They can do anything.

Heritage also has unrestricted UOS. Until I reported it, they still had the deciet bug. Their casting is still off, but when I pointed this out to them I was told they were done messing with casting as they had already done that.
My point wasnt to say that heritage is better or doesnt have issues, I was just saying that having to turn the trap box can be edited in the code based on what iv seen while playing heritage.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 5:10 am @vandy... They can do anything.

@jose I just used the horselord as an example bc of double shot + Slayer and it was easier to say than reptile Slayer Yumi. I also separated the dismounter from the pet killer for my example which is another variable that could be relevant as the dismounter has to be dismounted. All in all, it was just a set of examples to bring light to the fact that a pet could die in one swing of a Yumi whether by dismount or bola dodging. This instantly takes the dismounted player out of the offense whether they teleport away or animal form.

Unless of course their name is All by Hand. Most players when dismounted will go into flight mode vs continuing to fight.

All of this is worsened by the fact that scripting is so prevalent to where one could easily hit a hotkey for macro\script to start attacking a pet even during a dodge.

Anyways, I don't belong here. Toodles!
Your points are fair, I just was adding in there are counters to those things.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I'm 100% for any and all template diversity. Tamers in pvp...great....lp dexxers? Great. Stealth ds dexxers? Awesome. Bola dogs? Please! Deathstrike mages? All for it. Macers? Bring it on! Orc brute/hiryu bush dexxer? Lay it on me! Lp necro dexxer? Do it. Peace firehorn mage? Groovy. Tinker trap mage? Fucking hilarious go for it. Dismount tamer with 2 bakes? Fuck yes.

Anything that allows for diversity and adaption in pvp is encouraged....as of now you have 2 options (mainly) archer....or parry mage. Thats about all you get. I'll be satisfied when people play literally anything they want to and it being effective.
Excorsion likes this.