Wrestle Mage Pvp

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Extremist223

Wrestle Mage Pvp

Post by Extremist223 »

It's been 13 years for me, is this still viable? If not, can you explain the changes that have taken it out of favor?
zulu2401

Re: Wrestle Mage Pvp

Post by zulu2401 »

It works well if you understand the mechanics and don't plain suck at PvP. I play scribe wrestle mage while everyone else runs mortal templates yet people are still dying to me hmmm.....
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Extremist223 wrote:It's been 13 years for me, is this still viable? If not, can you explain the changes that have taken it out of favor?
you should undrstnd several things
first of all - FOR WHAT you suppose to use char
if group\mass pvp - eval+anat template to keep more skillpoints for sw\medit\parry etc
if mini-group or solo gank pvp - you NEED something MORE ... dissmount/dissarm/mortal to kill
i cant imagine HOW could wrestl-mage or pure-scrappers mage kill person who is runnin away "1 vs 1" the chance i think is 0.0001%
non-tactics mage is only for group\mass (or for adepts of "real-pure-mage-gaming") but tactics mage 1 vs 1 will be 1000% more effective

PS: i think the best 1 vs 1 mage template against every enemy is - mace mage with :
1) Hammer Pick mortal+ AI
2) Wand dissmount+disarm (hard to suite up on Demise) (or separate weapons for dissmount and dissarm)
3) UBWS Bone harvester para+mortal
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Extremist223 wrote:It's been 13 years for me, is this still viable? If not, can you explain the changes that have taken it out of favor?
Wrestle mage templates are absolutely viable, myself, Billy, Dots, and others can attest to that. It really helps to also have alchemy as a complementary skill. Billy has this really nice video on YouTube you should check out. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpoTOem1H9o