Legal? - completely block dungeon entrance?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
ParagonDancer

Re: Legal? - completely block dungeon entrance?

Post by ParagonDancer »

Maybe things have changed, but back in the day as long as ghosts had at least one way out, it was legal. People would block the quicker entrance out just to force ghosts to run to a sparkler or something.
eby#4526 on discord.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Technically the dungeon wasn't blocked from leaving as the sparkles on the last level provided another way out (which some people have already pointed out).

Also, something that perhaps will be of more use in the future, you can use the UOSteam -hide command to remove the boxes from your client, then walk through normally. This is because the server actually doesn't prevent ghosts from walking over movable blocking items, only the client has a problem with it. (This doesn't work if your character is alive.)

Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eos wrote:Technically the dungeon wasn't blocked from leaving as the sparkles on the last level provided another way out (which some people have already pointed out).

Also, something that perhaps will be of more use in the future, you can use the UOSteam -hide command to remove the boxes from your client, then walk through normally. This is because the server actually doesn't prevent ghosts from walking over movable blocking items, only the client has a problem with it. (This doesn't work if your character is alive.)

Fair enough.
Although, I think for pvp’s sake fully blocking like it did (where you’re fully trapped when you enter) should be illegal, it’s fine to combo them with fields Bc they decay but if I walk in as a ghost or I die in the middle tile, I will be fully blocked.

I’m not looking for action, just this blocking rule should be changed in my opinion.
Block off an entrance, but don’t allow a full trap, you should have to have a path (even if convoluted) out of it when entering.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Ok - thanks for the answer eos

I think it’s not the best option for rules but now we know.

Ps - I’ll post a screenshot of why this is bad once I get some time to log on today.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Eos wrote:Technically the dungeon wasn't blocked from leaving as the sparkles on the last level provided another way out (which some people have already pointed out).

So razor users have to go to star room or destard!?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Which Staff member made this rule that as long as there is 1 exit clear it’s ok?
Was it Xavier?
Was it Ferris?
Was it Cain?
The rule is a clear path to all exits/entrances. It doesn’t have to be straight or easy but it has to be clear.

My guild blocks an exit/entrance your guild blocks another and a third guild blocks the last one. Now what?

The best thing Staff should/could do is make it so a ghost can’t be blocked by items maybe even fields
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

Staff should create a custom monster with high health (multiple forms like Harry) and pop it deep in a fel dungeon every so often. Would be great for pvp.
Mordramir

Post by Mordramir »

Why not just block the main entrances of ALL dungeons connected to the Star Room?
There will still be TECHNICALLY one entrance...
Hell, block the caves and teleports to the Fel Lost Lands - Champ Spawn teleporters will be the only way to get around.
-signed-
Mordramir, Hedge Wizard
Owner of Mage Manor (2725N 2759E)
Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:Which Staff member made this rule that as long as there is 1 exit clear it’s ok?
Was it Xavier?
Was it Ferris?
Was it Cain?
The rule is a clear path to all exits/entrances. It doesn’t have to be straight or easy but it has to be clear.

My guild blocks an exit/entrance your guild blocks another and a third guild blocks the last one. Now what?

The best thing Staff should/could do is make it so a ghost can’t be blocked by items maybe even fields
I don't know who made the rule, but it has been interpreted by the lead admin as Eos said for a long time. Eby probably hasn't played since 2012, so that interpretation at least goes back to Xavier's reign.

I don't see a problem with this in fel. While you're alive you can move boxes etc and while dead you can run to a healer, but I feel like some douche is going to push this to the limit and start chopping boxes. Picking up 125 candles will be quite annoying for raiders. So they will probably have to further clarify the rule later.

GL HF with dungeon entrances
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

Mordramir wrote:Why not just block the main entrances of ALL dungeons connected to the Star Room?
There will still be TECHNICALLY one entrance...
Hell, block the caves and teleports to the Fel Lost Lands - Champ Spawn teleporters will be the only way to get around.
I intend to block every tile in the star room and every other fel entrance and force people to go to t2a
The Silvertiger

See aforementioned douche comment
Selling List & Vendor

scatman

Post by scatman »

Mister Pink wrote:Staff should create a custom monster with high health (multiple forms like Harry) and pop it deep in a fel dungeon every so often. Would be great for pvp.
I like that point of view, fighting for various monsters with various drop, would be fun and bring more people active.
Arden

Post by Arden »

scatman wrote:
Mister Pink wrote:Staff should create a custom monster with high health (multiple forms like Harry) and pop it deep in a fel dungeon every so often. Would be great for pvp.
I like that point of view, fighting for various monsters with various drop, would be fun and bring more people active.
I dig the idea but I don’t think staff likes custom too much.

We as a group just need to make fights.

Hz poppjng Harry
China spawning that Anthony told everyone about.

It all helps. Like I said in the discoed kvg need to pop a Harry next or start spawning.

I will say though a buff ass legion that drops cursed darksides with like a 24 hour “must use by” would be pretty sweet. It doesn’t hurt Econ bc it can’t be hoarded, and it’s cursed so it makes it more fun. Like pest 1/2.

Pest did a great ion of custom reasons to pvp as shitty as that staff was the pvp there was prob the best since osi that I’ve been on.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

As bama pointed out, what happens if different guilds completely block different entrances leaving no way to leave? Who is in trouble at that point? Frankly your blocking rule is extremely open to abuse much like yalls stance of boating champ bosses.
Josh likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

It doesn't matter vander. This can't be policed unless staff is actively watching. I could just walk up to a bunch of boxes, put down my one box which makes it illegal, take screenshot, and boom.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069