Doom Gauntlet Mechanics (fresher needed)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
AR9221

Re: Doom Gauntlet Mechanics (fresher needed)

Post by AR9221 »

is it character/account/ip based?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Character
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
wasq likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Souced wrote:no points only reset once you get an arty drop
Can you confirm that points aren't reset after server wars? I was always skeptical since a lot of other shit resets then.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Souced

Post by Souced »

not everything resets after server wars a few to name are peerless boss timers on keys, bod timers for a 120 skill smith and tailor, and no not even your gauntlet points the only way these will reset is once you get an arty drop it is toon specific so no not account specific, not if you log out, not if you leave doom, ONLY IF AND WHEN YOU GET AN ARTY DROP it will reset
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Points are not reset after server wars. Such a thing was never coded when me and Kraz made the system, and would not make any sense.
Lucifall
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Doom points never reset unless you get an artifact. I came back after a long break. When I had quit, I was "due" for an artifact (had done several rotations solo) . After I came back to the server, I got an artifact on the first rotation playing a really shit mage with several other people there. So I'm pretty much sure your points don't reset. The weaker your character is, the longer it will take to get one, but eventually.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Legacy wrote:Points are not reset after server wars. Such a thing was never coded when me and Kraz made the system, and would not make any sense.
Is that code distributed with RunUO source?
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

I mean, I would like to understand how is that I was rewarded with an artifact in my tamer in about 25 rounds, but I am unable to do the same with a sampire doing way more damage and with 40+ rounds completed.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

If you got an Arty after 25 rounds I say you're lucky as fuck. I've gone at least 60 before getting one already.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Vitek- wrote:If you got an Arty after 25 rounds I say you're lucky as fuck. I've gone at least 60 before getting one already.
you mention luck but, Isn't the whole point of this system to minimize RNG impact and make drops more predictable?
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

It's still luck based. Pseudo-random, as they call it. This goes both ways: more luck means more points, and more luck IRL gets you more arties when the points do accumulate.
Lucifall
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

So basically it is another extra difficulty layer, you don't need just the RNG but also the points, or you can get the artifact with the points only, but after a ridiculous amount of work.

If this is not another nerf, idk then.

/shrug
Retartifact

Post by Retartifact »

you dont know then.

its the exact opposite of a nerf.

The old system was you just go around and around until you get lucky. The new system is you go around and around and each time you do without finding an artifact you get slightly more likely to find one.

It doesnt guarantee you one at all, but it reduces "streaks" of bad luck. pre point system there were people thatd gone months, one or two people alleged year or more waits between artifacts with semi frequent doom farming.

Its not designed to be "ive run the gauntlet 12 times, 13 more trips around and I get my arty" its just designed to help avoid "Ive been running the gauntlet for the last six months and all I have to show for it is poor personal hygiene"

it does not make it harder, but it is still luck based .. just not AS luck based as it used to be.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Retartifact is spot on.
Lucifall
Souced

Post by Souced »

there is still 2 or three things that got to line up for you to get a drop no matter what, lets say you get looting rights then comes the roll of will an artifact drop off this boss kill, if it gets the go ahead on that then it goes to the players points, the higher the points the higher your chance of getting the drop, but you could be unlucky and not get the correct roll for your drop and the guy near the middle or so might get it, but as your points go higher with each kill as an arty is to drop your chance of getting it go higher and higher until you are the guy who gets it
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?