to experienced gauntlet Sampires

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Chacal

to experienced gauntlet Sampires

Post by Chacal »

I've been thinking about how it would be to go to Gauntlet well prepared to stay a reasonable amount of time. I know the basics well, like take a cold, an undead and a demon weapon, but there's something more that would be nice? Don't know, maybe more than one kind of those weapons - 'cause of the durability? Thank you in advance for the attention of those who answer it.
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: to experienced gauntlet Sampires

Post by Bama »

PoF
Another character to hold your supplies
And a picnic basket
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

too have apple for remove necro curse :P, it save life
Brad

Post by Brad »

a trash bag for the bonecrushers
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

MMMartin wrote:too have apple for remove necro curse :P, it save life
That's what the picnic basket is for
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

disco tamer with a cu and an easyuo script i'll sell you for 100kk that makes it 90% afk.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

maybe more than one kind of those weapons
:(
Bama wrote: PoF
:ugeek:

nothin' like the awry knotty idea against the obvious one :beathorse:
Brad wrote:a trash bag for the bonecrushers
What do we have here? Somethin' like 3 poor artifacts to 1 good?
Hell yeah :coffee:
Chacal #5588
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

There are 33 different artifacts and only a few of them have real value, orny, aof, banes
5 or 6 more in the 3-10kk range
The rest is garbage
Chacal likes this.
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

Well i personaly run sword weps..i run with Daxes mostly..but i have katanas and radiants for multiple mobs.. always have apples on you..
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Pig iron and refresh pots can be useful in a pinch.

As stated above the best camping gauntlet and never leaving character is a disco tamer. You don't have to worry about durability issues and you can put out decent damage.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
thewhitezone and Chacal like this.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

The Silvertiger wrote:Pig iron and refresh pots can be useful in a pinch.

As stated above the best camping gauntlet and never leaving character is a disco tamer. You don't have to worry about durability issues and you can put out decent damage.
The problem is just one to me: fun, hehe. I understand it's more effective and practical, but I personally don't like the idea, maybe there's some
prejudgement of mine, but seems little boring to me. You see, I actually begin the game as a necromage and it was very effective, even in gauntlet with fair sdi and some slayer books - never had those problems of provision and it was practical. But to be true I was bored 'cause even the necromage wasn't very funny to me. So, once I had some decent gear I take my chances, sold everything and made this gear for sampire: the best thing I ever done! Was playin' UO only as a kind of a slave to catch good items, and once PVP is not very attractive to me - personal thing, again - I realize I was playin' just to get things, wasn't enjoying it. And what the hell, it's a fucking game, my life is already full of boring shit to me repeat it here. When I begin the sampire I discovered it was the thing I really liked to PVM and it's possible I don't even have any other character in the future - maybe only the shadow striker that Amish showed me, but only this. I don't care much of what is considered good and bad, only what I think is enjoyable - sure must have some balance around, some gear, money, obvious I pursue the things, but only in a way I think it's healthy to me. You see, I started to use bokutos because i think they are funnier then katanas and daxes- they can't do the same amount of damage, don't have those sharp specials, but once I can survive all the way with them, fuck it, i will stick to bokutos. That's my philosphy around here now. Anyway, thank you for your attention, Silvertiger!

P.S.: Do you have any bokuto with fair stats to sell me? :lol:
Chacal #5588
Xionu likes this.
thewhitezone

Post by thewhitezone »

i play whammy fencer with full luck and i dont care going in and out of doom, the fun part is you do enemy of one, curse weapon and spam ignore all day

ps got my 1st ornament in doom in 10+ years playing uo
Mrs Tarded Girl
Discord: rino#7433
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I run doom from time to time, and everything I have learned, I learned from Indika.

I would try to focus on getting 620 luck on your suit, weapons aren't really a main priority for drop-chance, i've already proved that several times now.

80+ damage increase is a must, anything below that is pretty much a waste of time, resulting in artifact chance being really low.

As for supplies, make sure to carry the following:
- Pof (powder of fort.) If i'm soloing I would want to carry a little extra than normal.
- Pots, (stam/dex/str/heal) If you have stam leach on the majority of your weapons it may not be a huge issue to focus on carrying a bunch, 20-30 will do.
- Enchanted apples, If you don't run resisting spells (I use Anatomy instead) you will want to bring a fairly large load of these. Blood oath will take the lives of any sampire if not dealt with properly. Eat apples!
-Curse weapon(Pig iron/scrolls). Even if you're an elf with 0 spiritspeak, it's always nice to have a few of these on ready to rock and roll at any given moment, you never know when you might need a boost of health after some shitty RNG rolls of swinging and missing.
-Chivalry points, carry enough to where you don't have to worry about running out. 50-100k points can last me a while in doom, depending on how much I play.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM, i'd be glad to run doom with you and show you some tips and tricks to get you in and out with arties in the quickest amount of time.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

Pretty fullbodied answer, Tempest. :)
I will just wait the tot event to finish to enter there, and I surely will PM you when I do.
Much appreciated for the attention and help.
Chacal #5588
Tempest likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

everything there is to know about a sampire is in this guide http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... f=10&t=312
Also if you are looking for advice Miss Carriage and Les Shroud are really good sampire who might be able to help you
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit