Provocation

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Relderf

Provocation

Post by Relderf »

Hello! In your opinion -and since OSI values do not completely match Demise-, what are the best passive (if possible) options to train provocation? I'm at 49.6 and bulls won't give me any more gain (maybe just those two specific bulls) and I feel like switching to something else. Would grizzly bears be a good choice? I plan on taking it at least to 110.
Thanks
Mr Straitions

Re: Provocation

Post by Mr Straitions »

Trap monsters that don't cast spells in your house and create a steam macro to provoke them. Or Tame them and make them stand in boxes then release. I forget which pets are appropriate for what skill level but i know once you get to Cu's you can get to 120 with them. Just takes a little trial and error.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:Trap monsters that don't cast spells in your house and create a steam macro to provoke them. Or Tame them and make them stand in boxes then release. I forget which pets are appropriate for what skill level but i know once you get to Cu's you can get to 120 with them. Just takes a little trial and error.
You forgot to say make sure you set your home to public
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Bama wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:Trap monsters that don't cast spells in your house and create a steam macro to provoke them. Or Tame them and make them stand in boxes then release. I forget which pets are appropriate for what skill level but i know once you get to Cu's you can get to 120 with them. Just takes a little trial and error.
My house is already set to public. Feel free to stop by anytime. We can heartwood and chill.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote: Or Tame them and make them stand in boxes then release. Before you release the tamed creatures make sure your house is set to public if your house is set to private the creatures will pop out of your house to the house sign.If you don’t have a house or don’t want to set your house to public you can come over to my house and we can Heartwood and chill
There
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Relderf

Post by Relderf »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Bama wrote:
My house is already set to public. Feel free to stop by anytime. We can heartwood and chill.

Haha, thanks! Where would this be? :P
I left it all night with two grizzly bears and only got 6.0 points. How lame. It seems to have stopped hours ago.
Can monsters (like skeletons) get in public houses? Because, since g. dragons can't, I thought none could.
Any hint on which creature to use next will be greatly appreciated :)
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

When i did it i had this elaborate, likely unnecessary, method of summoning blade spirits on one character over and over outside of my house and provoking them to attack each other. This may not be efficient but it's how i did it. but once you can have a chance at provoking cu's, do that.

Maybe Drakes?
Puppetmaster

Post by Puppetmaster »

Try blue beetle after bulls then use ridgebacks till gm-105 then cu to 120 you could try this on 2 boats however not sure if that is legal.
Relderf

Post by Relderf »

@Mr Straitions: Hmm maybe if I switched to UOS I could do that. Or maybe with elementals? I should try drakes. Too bad they do fire breath.
@Puppetmaster: I read about going for beetles, I will give it a chance with my crafters' ones. Using two boats (or a boat and the coast) shouldn't be illegal, it's not mentioned ate all in the rules. Only thing boats can be penalized for is preventing another player from reaching certain areas because of a boat of yours blocking the access.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Let me know how you did it once you figure it out. I'm curious.

Edit: Don't worry about the rules if it isn't specifically saying it's illegal. If it turns out it is indeed illegal just say whoops my bad. A lot of sketchy stuff goes around here unfortunately. Punishments are light. It's likely not worth staff's time to punish someone for training a skill. All in all, i would be very surprised if anything negative happens.
Relderf

Post by Relderf »

Mr Straitions wrote:Let me know how you did it once you figure it out. I'm curious.

Edit: Don't worry about the rules if it isn't specifically saying it's illegal. If it turns out it is indeed illegal just say whoops my bad. A lot of sketchy stuff goes around here unfortunately. Punishments are light. It's likely not worth staff's time to punish someone for training a skill. All in all, i would be very surprised if anything negative happens.
So far, I set my house to public, release two drakes in closed areas and provoked them to each other for hours. I'm at 87.3 and it keeps going up. But I'm eager to start with cu's. Thing is, according to uoguide, cu's have a barding difficulty of 126-130, which doesn't make much sense, as if I could only get them with a slayer.
I wonder when would it be a good moment to start with them.
Puppetmaster wrote:Try blue beetle after bulls then use ridgebacks till gm-105 then cu to 120 you could try this on 2 boats however not sure if that is legal.
Maybe I should get ridgebacks already.

EDIT: I just got two ridgebacks and got them to fight, but got no skill gain. I analyzed them with animal lore and saw the baerding difficulty was 24. So no, doesn't seem to be a good choice. I'll stay with drakes until it gives no more skill gain. Hope that's after 100.

EDIT 2: After several hours, I reached 104.5 with drakes (from 55.6). It seems to be stuck already.
Jaypew

Post by Jaypew »

I feel your pain I'm at 68 provocation feels like it's taking forever to raise
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Here's a trick: provo the creature on to yourself...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

If you're at 104 switch to Cu's and do that the rest of hte way up. It's a pain but remember when skill gain was super hard? I remember buying regs to train magery and walking through fire fields to train resist manually lol. And then there was 8x8 training on a boat which was a godsend. I remember getting to 120 magery that way and it was amazing lol.

I digress. Maybe don't trust the barding difficulty on uoguide?
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

From 40-120 i run gaman/gaman then blue beetle/same - use blue on my cu-then cu on cu and done in 12hours
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573