GMs

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: GMs

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote: I feel like a lawyer lol. quote]

Which Law Firm?
Dewey Screw'em and Howe?

zzillizz wrote:I still have a hard time with distinguishing fully afk and semi afk. I'm always in the room with my computer...I have understood the roles as, as long as you can reply within like 30 seconds to a min you're not fully afk. So I can lay in bed and watch TV and my computer screen 5 ft away on the desk and respond or see a boss and get up and kill it.
I am fully capable of writing afk kill scripts for all of the bosses, and to distribute them to my guild. I don't tho. I will admit to having a script that I use to Target the Gravedigger... But ffs everybody has to be using something.... There's no ******* way anybody can pull his bar to attack without a script. Hell there's so many people there I doubt his name even appears half the time wish ctr shift.
I barely can function at Gravedigger, like many others have complained about, but it's not an issue shard side. I've got a relatively basic PC, not a gaming PC cuz I only play a 20 yr old game ffs, but it just can't render all the fucking ppl and spam. Then you have the players who intentionally spam speech and spells to make it even worse. Thanks, I hope you rot in a special hell
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

The information that is known is that he failed a GM AFK test. Just like a drunk failing a DUI test. They use all sorts of test. That is how you get put in jail. I was jailed just after failing the check and came back right after the pull. Tried talking my way out of it. Once your in jail its too late. At that point you already failed what ever test they used. Xavier told me nope to late I checked you weren't there. And he wasn't lying I was AFK. Don't matter what was said beyond that point. I didn't like one thing Xavier was saying to me because I broke the rules and got caught. Just like getting arrested IRL Cops say lots of things you are gonna hate after you get arrested.And this so called THREAT he spoke of. A little vacation. At this point he was feeling the ban hammer coming down. I was temporarily held in a room that had the "you have been banned sign" I was shaking like a leaf. Saying NO! NO! NO! Sucks to loose your favorite hobby, or that connection with all your friends.
Kinda like being grounded watching your friends play outside.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
pegasus321 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote: I feel like a lawyer lol.

Which Law Firm?
Dewey Screw'em and Howe?

zzillizz wrote:words
Close that quote!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ZigZag

Post by ZigZag »

so tychos trying to be the only player on demise i see i bet he doesnt jail his friends
Centurion likes this.
The Silvertiger

Otim O'Connel wrote:words
They changed procedure a tad bit. They move you to a holding cell prior to a jail or ban cell.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

ZigZag wrote:so tychos trying to be the only player on demise i see i bet he doesnt jail his friends
I don't think he has the authority to jail other staff members... :lol:
Selling List & Vendor

Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Otim O'Connel wrote:The information that is known is that he failed a GM AFK test. Just like a drunk failing a DUI test. They use all sorts of test. That is how you get put in jail. I was jailed just after failing the check and came back right after the pull. Tried talking my way out of it. Once your in jail its too late. At that point you already failed what ever test they used. Xavier told me nope to late I checked you weren't there. And he wasn't lying I was AFK. Don't matter what was said beyond that point. I didn't like one thing Xavier was saying to me because I broke the rules and got caught. Just like getting arrested IRL Cops say lots of things you are gonna hate after you get arrested.And this so called THREAT he spoke of. A little vacation. At this point he was feeling the ban hammer coming down. I was temporarily held in a room that had the "you have been banned sign" I was shaking like a leaf. Saying NO! NO! NO! Sucks to loose your favorite hobby, or that connection with all your friends.
Kinda like being grounded watching your friends play outside.
[img]img[/img]
This screenshot is jail. This is apart of the AFK check. Hence being in jail does not mean you broke any rules.
Attachments
afk check.PNG
afk check.PNG (302.17 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Last edited by Mr Straitions on November 29th, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
pegasus321 likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:
I feel like a lawyer

zzillizz wrote:We're recruiting cuz we're bored and friendless. All of our old friends are too busy to play with us.
Must be willing to:
Use teamspeak
Not be overly serious...understand this is a game and real life always comes first
Do ilsh spawns and peerless...perhaps pvp
Don't be greedy
Don't be a douche
Enjoy laughing
Be able to take a joke...and occasionally throw one out yourself
HAVE FUN and love uo
Respect the GMs...this can include bitching about afkers while understanding the work the gms do for this shard

Hit me up peeps!!!
Last edited by Bama on November 29th, 2017, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ZigZag

Post by ZigZag »

fuck you silver tiger your no more than a forum troll
Centurion and Rakka like this.
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

From what I see that it has become such a problem they have to do mass pulls. And being 5 ft away from your keyboard is AFK Away From Keyboard. You can't type and you can't always see. I got checked once while refilling my tea glass. The rule is if you leave keyboard pause your macros. I responded in time and stated I was refilling my tea glass. And that is what I was told by GM. I didn't get jailed for that because, I responded. But, I was told to always pause your macros if you step away from your computer. It is mind numbing to watch automation. But, resources are a competition and do affect the economy like heartwood has been doing. There are people who are doing the work watching thier screens and slaving to get there resources. And there are those who are pressing play and going to bed. Those pressing play and going to bed are cheating those who are attending.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
pegasus321 likes this.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

Just strange cuz it was Pretty much lawless for so long then BANG nothing afk anymore lol. I almost got jailed switching to another screen for 2 min while in parox .
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

All the afk shit and everyome wonders why the economy is so fucked... if your runnim scripts and are "possibly afk" dont bitch when you get caught.. you know the risk. Jus cuz we have a GM actually doin regular checks on "commonly" done afk activities dosnt mean they are bein mean..jus tryn to help steer this server back to a better way... jus my opinion
Porky

Post by Porky »

Tycho wrote:Just to make things clear, players are not jailed unless they are breaking the rules.

It costs a lot to feed all these inmates, and staff is on a tight budget this holiday season.
At Christmas Town, me and my roommate were both playing on the same internet, but different accounts and different computers and got "jailed" for double clienting. They said it was to let us all know we all were being watched. So, we did nothing wrong and still got jailed. When asked, they said I should be OK if we are on different computers and different accounts, but I had to wonder why it happened in the first place.
:popcorn:
ZigZag likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Porky wrote:
Tycho wrote:Just to make things clear, players are not jailed unless they are breaking the rules.

It costs a lot to feed all these inmates, and staff is on a tight budget this holiday season.
At Christmas Town, me and my roommate were both playing on the same internet, but different accounts and different computers and got "jailed" for double clienting. They said it was to let us all know we all were being watched. So, we did nothing wrong and still got jailed. When asked, they said I should be OK if we are on different computers and different accounts, but I had to wonder why it happened in the first place.
That is strange that they had a problem with that in the first place. When the server was moved recently I created a VPN for a buddy to connect to my network since I didn't have any lag or connection issues to the Demise server. I just allowed incoming connections on a spare windows 7 computer i wasn't using and routed the traffic right back out to the internet. Worked great. But technically I had 8 accounts all coming from my IP at once. I just told them ahead of time and they were mad cool with it.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Porky

Post by Porky »

So, how do we let them know ahead of time so it won't happen in the future with a different GM? Is there a way to for them to check it out before they act? Sure doesn't feel good getting falsely accused of something.
:popcorn: