Recent jailings!

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Anthony File

Re: Recent jailings!

Post by Anthony File »

#Justice4Jum
Rakka likes this.
ZigZag

Post by ZigZag »

desalonne wrote:Thank you to the new GM's and the exisiting GM's that have added a much needed presence on the server. The crack down on unattended farming/resource gathering/HW running, is a very much welcomed thing! Its slightly late to improve the overall quality of the market due to the massive amount of wealth and items already farmed, BUT that being said i really hope the admins keep up the hard work they are providing!

It adds a longevity to the server as well as brings hope for those of us that have been playing now for an extended period of time, that there very well may be hope for this server! I welcome the future that demise is shaping up to be! Lets get rid of the unattended everything to the best of our ability! lets have admins listen to the desired changes and fixes that the community is asking for! *cough factions cough*

Thank you for all you do! its much appreciated! Even though you see the people raging who are caught breaking the rules i just wanted to post this so that you all knew the members of the community still playing by the rules really appreciate what you're doing!
kiss ass
Mr Straitions and Rakka like this.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote:Do we need to be attended when we gather ingots from our mining carts?
In my humble opinion; Yes.

This example shows that it was the unattended creation of the apples that was the violation. This goes against the first rule of the shard; no unattended gathering. Given the spirit of the law; I believe that gathering and creating in this sense have the same definition.

I understand that I am comparing apples to ingots or gems. (I am focusing on the ingot side of resource gathering.)

How is gathering from mining carts different from gathering anything else in the shard?

There is very little risk involved:
* cannot be killed by players or monsters
* cannot lose the resources being gathered due to players or monsters
* no loss of skill points; no Mining Skill is required
* no tools (shovels, prospector tools, gargoyle pickaxes, or tinker's tools)
* no pets (Fire Beetle) are needed
* no loss of other resources during this process (armor, insurance, time, etc.)

Run a script once every 24 hours, 240 hours, or anywhere in between. Sit back and count the ingots.

The only risk with a mining cart warehouse is being confronted by a Game Master.

How are these mining cart warehouses affecting the economy?

Using the picture above as a reference I am hoping to fit seventy-two mining carts on the first floor. That is 720 random ingots a day. Took me a long time to realize; but for me this is probably the fastest and safest way for me to gather resources with the limited time I have.

I use Razor; I am being stubborn about Steam. :geek: Using Razor it takes about 5 minutes to clean through 34 mining carts.

I can only imagine; how much unattended gathering is taking place in mining cart warehouses and how many of those warehouses are owned by one person, guild, clan, or group.

No one knows what is happening to the ingots; are they going to be: sold, traded, or given away?

Aside: You should watch Bama or MMMartin sometime; I really should have recorded a video that one time. They are amazing at what they do with: ore elementals, mining, and smelting. I admire both of them. What they do really isn't a science; it's a form of art. :D
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Regarding mining carts. I attend my cart macro. The thing about mining cart houses is actually remembering to empty the darn things. Get caught up with so many other things just forget to empty it.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

kentares wrote:
Bama wrote:Do we need to be attended when we gather ingots from our mining carts?
Many years ago I asked that question to Athena and Xavier and was told they weren't going to worry about splitting hairs about collecting from carts. They would consider it the same as creating scrolls or potions since it was inside a house.

They told me a person would need to be attended if they were selling.
kentares and Bama like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Just goes further to question why a guy was jailed for creating food, but not selling.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
deathviper and Bama like this.
Mina_Moonlight

Post by Mina_Moonlight »

If the guy got jailed for making food ....dam for a few misserable k's ....

then those who make pots/scrib items afk should be jailed to , you can nagg about alot but this is abit silly.... jailed for food ...*Nom nom nom Tasty created apples*
-Mina Moonlight & Picka Starlight-

(we are not the same person btw, usualy picka using the forum)
Puppetmaster

Post by Puppetmaster »

Mina_Moonlight wrote:If the guy got jailed for making food ....dam for a few misserable k's ....

then those who make pots/scrib items afk should be jailed to , you can nagg about alot but this is abit silly.... jailed for food ...*Nom nom nom Tasty created apples*
A few miserable k's. A lot more gold than you think easiest way to get rich in UO. Create something via macro for little to no cost and sell it back to NPCs via macro multiply by number of accts = shit ton o gold
Whether it is selling cooked foods
Vampiric embrace scrolls to the scribe
Or buying band aids from the Doom vendor for 2gp and selling right back to his ass for 15gp
all the same to me.
If said individual was legit trying to create apple or grapes to macro for enhanced edibles Add a organizer line to trash all other foods in the macro problem solved
Now if they erased the pots in the chest I woulda been a little pissed
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Using the picture above as a reference I am hoping to fit seventy-two mining carts on the first floor. That is 720 random ingots a day?
Ah, those were the days... With 1500 carts it was nice to get some bonus ignots for my smith.