Faction Artifacts

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Reefer

Re: Faction Artifacts

Post by Reefer »

Ok and I'm explaning the system how it is now lol?

There is ways to make this system work, like even code it so you can only equip the items in Fel and not Tram etc.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Have to remember though that this system is designed for populatiins of thousands, not hundreds. Would require a lot of tweaking. I'm down though. New items are really good for the game, especially a stale stuck-in-time one like this where the rich get richer and becomes progressively harder for new players to compete.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Reefer wrote:Ok and I'm explaning the system how it is now lol?

There is ways to make this system work, like even code it so you can only equip the items in Fel and not Tram etc.
How can you explain how a system works "now" when the items aren't even in the game? Unless that make alot of changes if they add the factions artys its gonna be a shit show.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

No lvl for itens
1 week duration items
End cusidhe/nightmare bug
45s loss (friend autoress)
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Vander Nars wrote:

How can you explain how a system works "now" when the items aren't even in the game? Unless that make alot of changes if they add the factions artys its gonna be a shit show.
Are you retarded? If you can read, I am basically saying the "system" could work if "changes" were made. I've literally never came across this many idiots on any server besides Demise lol..
Gensinc

Post by Gensinc »

Reefer how can I contact you? - Luke
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

On Discord, Reefer#6110
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Reefer wrote:
Are you retarded? If you can read, I am basically saying the "system" could work if "changes" were made. I've literally never came across this many idiots on any server besides Demise lol..
This is the problem. Not the readable part. When I first read this I did a double take then I ignored it due to lack of sense it made, young padawan.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Skrillex wrote:guys, i came demise bc the pvp without faccs, items, punkte, etc, its better, believe me, dont add faction items, is stupid, no pvp sense, no market, no more ornaments valuable, think about that
You don't even know what I asked for.

If they implement it right faction arties will decay so your real orny will still hold value.

LEARN TO READ
Vander Nars wrote:When factions artifacts hit the first time on osi ranks weren't limited and people could pass points to each other to get max ranks and have full faction artifacts within the week they joined. I remember this because I had a full faction arty suit and I was not the top rank and someone gave me the silver and points to get to the rank to use them.
That's better than requiring a rank to wear it. People will farm alt accounts all day and all night until its some sampire in trammel that has rank 10.
Last edited by Necrodog on July 12th, 2017, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Fuck the values of the Artifacts imo, this would make getting new players (if there are any) ready easier. I think fixing the mare/cu bug in conjunction with this would be sweet bc it'd be more of an incentive bc of the fact horses. I'm down with some fixes, not sure the "no rank" shit would be a great idea, I'd just retrofit the # of people in x rank would be limited to fit the amount of players on this server. Yes people will farm points but I remember and idk how this one server I used to play ended up fixing that by making it to where if you killed a player who was on the same ip it didn't give you points. Now people could make dummy chars and trade points I guess.
I think a shortened fact timer would be nice, I know it's a popular thing on pestilent, so it'd probably be popular here.
Bad Religion likes this.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Saying fuck values of artifacts isnt the way to go.. might as well set up a room like TC has and let people make perfect suits. Its very hard to balance making the grind to gear up a challenge but not a chore... I have yet to see it done successfully.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Okay, you assume it makes them 0 lol, it doesn't, it makes worth less than 30-90 million. which is absurd for an item that isn't finite. This would make pvpers easier to suit. The value in the original is that it doesn't break and you don't have to continually farm silver. Also, one big discouraging thing to join this server (and osi) is the massive inflation for artifacts/champ Artie's.

Regardless, there should be some incentive for joining factions, I think, my favorite idea right now is fix cu/mate and force people on faction horses.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

I dont assume it makes them 0. I think 40kk for an orny was a good price. I also know that making a viable pvp suit is quite easy now days. New players cant expect to have full arty suits within a few days of playing here, right? Or is that the kind of speed you are looking for? Although a very old game, its still an mmo, you should still feel the progression of your char/suit. When I started my tact mage I ran around with 115 swords and 7 hci... I guess everyone wants perfection from the start?
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

+1 to nwo...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Homie, its not like everyone doesnt afk farm for 1. 2, orny is 90kk not 40kk, so.... that ship has sailed. Make faction arties disappear after like a week or 2 and require a bit of silver farming, that'll make arties cheaper but it'll also make other players focus on silver farming rather than just gold farming, so daemons, liches, wisps and ogre lords, which will end up being checked quite a bit for faction points (bc killing those farmers would give points). This combined with actually enforcing the rules of the server would curb the gold inflation while decreasing the price of artifacts. It makes it easier for non-afk farmers to get suited quicker. I never said I want people to have artied out suits, but its not like that doesnt happen already bc u can just afk heartwood and check it every few hours or afk kill mobs without repercussions. Ex: Someone dragged mobs to an afk farmer at miasma's and he got jailed for dragging but the other guy didnt get jailed for afk farming. So, we should combat inflation as well as inflated arty prices.
I dont expect perfection, i expect usable suits. 7 hci 115 swords will get u killed nowadays. I've killed people in 40 lmc 100 lrc suits that maybe had 20 lrc and 60s resist. Doesn't mean i want to use that suit.
Bad Religion likes this.