Dear GM's

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Extremist223

Dear GM's

Post by Extremist223 »

I know these rules have been in effect for a very long time. I ask that you please consider the evidence provided here as a discrepancy in the rules of demise and perhaps changes can be made.

Today I was jailed for what was considered multi client combat. I was in the same general location and the two players were not aiding each other in combat. I feel that the multi client combat rule should be changed as long as the players are not aiding each other to provide undue advantage. I say this because I am legally allowed to run 4 clients in heartwood without being jailed as long as I am not afk. Furthermore, I am much more easily able to "micro" two tamers in combat at separate locations in the same general area (same dungeon), than to run 4 clients simultaneously in heartwood. For example, If I tell my pet to attack a monster I can click into the other client and do the same to a different monster, this is actually feasible, unlike the scripting that occurs in heartwood and resource collection elsewhere. I can go back and forth, it is a challenge and frustrating at times, but certainly not impossible. However, it is IMPOSSIBLE to complete quests in heartwood at the same time using 4 accounts. If you were to do a heartwood quest with one client, the other clients can't possibly be running, crafting items and marking those as quest items and turning them in at the same time. Therefore those clients are gathering resources afk by default. The same goes for any other resource collection. I feel like the economy is so expensive on this shard that I will never be able to obtain the items that I desire and play at the level that other players are at currently.

If I am able to script multiple clients to gather lumber, ore, any resource, bod collection, and heartwood, I wholeheartedly believe I should be able to kill two monsters with two clients albeit not the same monster. Please consider this request as I am not garnering undue advantage from the combat and I do not feel that I am anymore AFK than any other resource collection or heartwood running. Thank you for your time. I do not want to become like every other player and run in heartwood day in and day out. There are so many people in heartwood that it lags my computer.
april0395

Re: Dear GM's

Post by april0395 »

You've got a point. Should make multiclient resource gathering illegal, too. :lol:
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Sgfcat, Vitek-, Legacy and 5 others like this.
Extremist223

Post by Extremist223 »

Thanks April. Your opinion is appreciated.
Zulu

Post by Zulu »

:beathorse: :beathorse: so.. back a few years ago i was SO against Afkers .. Korn muffin and i would go around HARD CORE afk killing, we FAR MORE effective than ANY staff intervention. ( this is because staff WAS NOT doing ANYTHING about it ) .. so i think we should be grateful there there actually doing something.. All tho i feel this is a VERY VALID point , i feel this this matter will be swept under the rug and nothing will be done about it BUT i can only hope this post will change demise and the crappy rules .. good luck to you my friend! i fully SUPPORT you and am happy to see someone besides opy wang challenging the GMS stupidity and double standards ! :beathorse: :beathorse: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Zulu

Post by Zulu »

The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The problem is that it is actually two different rules. I would say most likely that they also jailed a lot of hw people at the same time they jailed you(they tend to do it in spurts.) You are allowed to be 100% afk as long as you can answer the staff member in whichever form requested in the alotted time. I've been 70-80 miles away from my keyboard and able to show that I'm attended. I do agree that this rule kinda stinks. 4 farmers/gathers allowed vs only 1 monster killer allowed. More than anything it probably has to do with gold creation. All the other farming either moves the current gold around(i.e. selling a kit) or is not a major influx of actual new gold. With 4 accounts you can literally create 2kk per hour. 48kk per day. 1.440kkk per month. If even 10% of the population followed suit(which they couldn't, there's not that many 500k per hour spots) ornies would be 150kk in a month. We need a gold sink instead of slacking up on our gold farming rules.

PS: please continue cleaning the dungeon with the wisps out. I went in there one day and 2 players had 8 characters farming wisps. Thanks!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

The Silvertiger wrote:We need a gold sink
Make a vendor that selling brsk, hw kits and saws, and hammers, and this will be maybe a perfect gold sink.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

in my opinion, it can good limited 2 account running per IP :)
[normaly just 1 acc per ip, but need second for casting gate in vendor mail for some ppl, so i m kindly choise 2 acc]
EV

Post by EV »

I agree, the spawns should be changed back to the way they were.
If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. ~ unknown.

Discord: EV#6151
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

What in the actual fuck? Change your name before I go Highlander in this bitch and behead your ass like I'm a fuckin ISIS jihadist. There can be only one...
Howrothe likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Now theres two zulus? we cant even handle one....
The Silvertiger

zulu2401 wrote:
What in the actual fuck? Change your name before I go Highlander in this bitch and behead your ass like I'm a fuckin ISIS jihadist. There can be only one...
Lol, I didn't even notice... I vote for Zulu! Change your name zulu2401 imposter!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Retartifact

Post by Retartifact »

MMMartin wrote:in my opinion, it can good limited 2 account running per IP :)
[normaly just 1 acc per ip, but need second for casting gate in vendor mail for some ppl, so i m kindly choise 2 acc]
Im pretty sure this is legal? the rule is you cant have multiple accounts IN COMBAT. you can have a vendor mall gater, two doing heartwood, and pveing in ilshenar on a fourth and provided you can respond to staff on the two heartwood and the pve'er youre fine from what I understand.
Howrothe

Post by Howrothe »

I agree change the rules what will it hurt?... CHANGE UR FUCKING NAME ZULU WANNA BE!
The Silvertiger

Yes, zulu2401 change your name, Imposter!
Selling List & Vendor