Question on rules

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

Re: Question on rules

Post by Amish Hammer »

Sadly Siemo, even if they did really really crack down on the afkers it would just have like 60% of the server in jail or banned. And on top of that, people would probably still be greedy and would just raise the price of things more so they could make their money some other way without getting jailed. So they would have their billions of gold saved up to spend on what they want, but for normal people who follow the rules, the price of things would go up and would probably make it worse. So sadly its a fail either way. I do think we should be able release stuff to kill the afkers though, only because the staff have their own lifes outside of the game and cant enforce the rules all the time.
Discord: Amish#1299
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Amish Hammer wrote:Sadly Siemo, even if they did really really crack down on the afkers it would just have like 60% of the server in jail or banned. And on top of that, people would probably still be greedy and would just raise the price of things more so they could make their money some other way without getting jailed. So they would have their billions of gold saved up to spend on what they want, but for normal people who follow the rules, the price of things would go up and would probably make it worse. So sadly its a fail either way. I do think we should be able release stuff to kill the afkers though, only because the staff have their own lifes outside of the game and cant enforce the rules all the time.
That last thing won't happen. And I'd rather have Trammel ruleset only for Trammel for that case, since wisp dungeon is in Ilshenar, making Ilshenar fel as it should be would make all the situation a lot better.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

It would help, but it would create other, more severe impacts:
my guess is that this shard has many senior level players, and does not do much to attract new and/or junior players. As long as this doesn't get leveraged, it would hurt to kick part of the population.
As getting new players for a 20 yo game is, well, challenging, I would think this over very carefully.

In the meantime I think good players will find ways to deal with staff, and treat them as an in-game feature ;)
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
madwhite

Post by madwhite »

Amish Hammer wrote:Sadly Siemo, even if they did really really crack down on the afkers it would just have like 60% of the server in jail or banned. And on top of that, people would probably still be greedy and would just raise the price of things more so they could make their money some other way without getting jailed. So they would have their billions of gold saved up to spend on what they want, but for normal people who follow the rules, the price of things would go up and would probably make it worse. So sadly its a fail either way. I do think we should be able release stuff to kill the afkers though, only because the staff have their own lifes outside of the game and cant enforce the rules all the time.

I would rather play on a server with 100 people and an unfucked economy than on a server with 400 people and a completely fucked economy.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

madwhite wrote:unfucked economy
what is an "unfucked economy"?
how do you assess if it is fucked up or not?

(there is no irony in my question.)

Bama likes this.
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Gargl Kark wrote:
madwhite wrote:unfucked economy
what is an "unfucked economy"?
how do you assess if it is fucked up or not?

(there is no irony in my question.)
Even though the server that was referenced by the jackson's five song in another topic these lasts days had it's reasons to die the way it dies and these reasons being mostly attached with the same scripting and afk gathering problem, the economy there waas not fucked up. Even in the last only 30 players online era, when I tried it out, there was still the functioning auction system and the prices were pretty close to what was 10 years ago.

And unfucked economy IMO is one in wich it's prices are not insanely dominated by the fact that a few farm bots afk in the same, already identified and pretty easy to access ilshenar point, wich is safe to bot farm because unreasonable trammy rules in a facet that should function over felucca ruleset.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Healthy economy = stable prices over time?

Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Prices for which items do you mean? Something like quiver, orny and trinket? Or something else?
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Gargl Kark wrote:Healthy economy = stable
FTFY

I'm not saying inflation is bad, but c'mon, I already said I read the forums. 1 or 2 pages of each sub, depending on what what interesting and whatnot. People commenting how the price of orny, for example, varies over time in the last months with exaggerations does not mean the underlying problem is nonexistent.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Siemo wrote: FTFY
you made it more complex :)
stable = no increase, no decrease

if this should apply to everything it means, f.e.: player-arty ratio does not change.
hard to achieve, imo.

I agree that some things need fixing, but I doubt that there is any sort of quick and easy solution.

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

oh, and I forgot this:
there is a very good reason to have ilshenar on trammel rule set.
All the champ spawn areas are closely monitored by pvp guilds. It's still possible to do champ spawns without getting raided, but for the average player the only chance to do so is on ilshenar. putting ilshenar on fel rule set would cancel this.

The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I agree with Amish... Let us release on afkers. I'm not sure how much information the server gives the staff, but I think it's pretty reasonable if the person died and didn't page til an hour later they were afk. I understand the other side of this rule being griefing, but I think it wouldn't be too hard to tell if the character is afk...

As one who has farmed afk and afk farmers I look forward to more rule enforcement in this area. I also suggest that the staff become smarter in their approach to catching offenders. Maybe staying hidden, turning mobs invul, changing their color, and naming them: are you afk, may be an approach. I don't think I've been jailed for afk gold farming on demise , ever... And I've spent countless hours afk on this game... I would have been annoyed, but happy that staff were checking if I had gotten jailed or even checked on....

I do realize that there is a new guy(gender neutral term imo) that is checking and jailing people. I thank you and applaud you for your service. Unfortunately, we have seen this pattern many times: new cns is a tough guy! 2-3 months later no-one has seen or heard from them.

Good day,
- The S
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Souced

Post by Souced »

The answer is simple

you are not the person in charge of monitoring the afkers, you got caught for not following the rules so will they give it time
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Duque

Post by Duque »

In my opinion, it is important to regulate to avoid abuses....but if you try to exterminate akf farmers....demise will lose players.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Duque wrote:In my opinion, it is important to regulate to avoid abuses....but if you try to exterminate akf farmers....demise will lose players.
Afk bro. AFK. Wtf is akf? Also Afk farming is illegal according to demise code of justice. Jail-able offense and ban-able for repeat offenders.