Please remove UOS

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Veteran Noobie

Please remove UOS

Post by Veteran Noobie »

why does server allow full automation via UOS?
Last edited by Veteran Noobie on August 21st, 2017, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
desalonne

Re: Looking For Server With UOS disabled

Post by desalonne »

*** runs exclusively razer. But Its a ren based server so you lose out on all the ML content. You will be hard pressed to find a server not using uo steam now days. That being said there are things that can limit the steam functions to balance it out. This server just hasn't done those things. Apparently blocking auto loot instead of balancing steams functions for pvp are priority.

I believe admins are afraid to balance these steam functions because they don't want to effect the pvm community and deter people from automating all the things they are automating. Thus it allows the pvp community to continue to exploit the broken funcoins that steam provides. Good luck finding a place where people arnt exploiting these things. You would probably have better luck trying to sign on a petition to get these functions blocked/balanced here than you will to find a non uosteam server with any sort of population
Porky

Re: Please remove UOS

Post by Porky »

I use Razor, so what am I missing with not using steam? Also, how do I get steam?
:popcorn:
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Porky wrote:Also, how do I get steam?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7 ... t87bLX7m_o
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
medamaude likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Heat and water
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
AkaPwn and medamaude like this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Pretty sure this post was edited from when I originally posted here -.-
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

desalonne wrote:Pretty sure this post was edited from when I originally posted here -.-
Yes
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Steam is not the issue, the issue is the shard is not osi accurate in alot of areas and this allows abuse to happen.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:Steam is not the issue, the issue is the shard is not osi accurate in alot of areas and this allows abuse to happen.
Please inform us exactly which parts a removal of steam won't effect.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:Steam is not the issue, the issue is the shard is not osi accurate in alot of areas and this allows abuse to happen.
you fix the problem(demise casting) instead of the steam, steam would be fine if not for demise having retarded casting.
Brad

Post by Brad »

'Cos OSI never had any problems.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
you fix the problem(demise casting) instead of the steam, steam would be fine if not for demise having retarded casting.
I was literally hoping you would say that.

First, let me address your casting issue: the casting preuos was still bad, but not nearly as bad with steam.

Now the chunk: UOS causes more issues than just having a casting bug. I'm sure we have all played on razor and know that you can't do nearly as much with it as you can uos. Furthermore, with the removal of uos you remove all the mechanics that come with therefore limiting the usefulness of easyuo, per shard rules.

Fixing casting fixes casting

Removing uos fixes the economy basically and makes casting ok.

This is all a pointless discussion however as the casting is more likely to be fixed than the removal of uos and that ain't likely.
Selling List & Vendor

april0395 likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Please inform us exactly which parts a removal of steam won't effect.
I was literally hoping you would say that.

First, let me address your casting issue: the casting preuos was still bad, but not nearly as bad with steam.

Now the chunk: UOS causes more issues than just having a casting bug. I'm sure we have all played on razor and know that you can't do nearly as much with it as you can uos. Furthermore, with the removal of uos you remove all the mechanics that come with therefore limiting the usefulness of easyuo, per shard rules.

Fixing casting fixes casting

Removing uos fixes the economy basically and makes casting ok.

This is all a pointless discussion however as the casting is more likely to be fixed than the removal of uos and that ain't likely.

Think about what ur asking for vs my fix. You want steam and easyuo somehow ban and/or limited and i assume monitored to limit its function vs fixing casting.

Fixing casting also doesnt require extra staff support to moniter afterwards, also if the staff gave a shit about the economy than people wouldnt be able or allowed to openly run heartwood quest unattented 24/7.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Brad wrote:'Cos OSI never had any problems.
if you think the issues that plague demise is any thing like osi issues than you never played osi before.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote: than people wouldnt be able or allowed to openly run heartwood quest unattented 24/7.
Kinda interesting that you bring that up since the removal of uos would literally fix that.

I do believe they have put more effort into that than they have into osi casting: countless disciplinary actions vs I sat down and coded it one day. I have heard people tell me they couldn't play one of their characters because they were under a 2 week ban for hw and that being after previous offenses. I've also heard people use extra accounts to run hw because they don't want their account disciplined anymore. I'm in the same boat as you if you're wondering why they aren't more harsh with their discipline. Well, I know why(20 year old game. Don't want to lose people.), but at the same time how far can that go.

The Silvertiger wrote:This is all a pointless discussion however as the casting is more likely to be fixed than the removal of uos and that ain't likely.
Selling List & Vendor