Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

Post by Bad Religion »

Fethers wrote:While that does give people that are actually playing something more active to do than stand around and talk trash, I dont think it dissuades from unattended multi clients since the boss they wanted would still be more likely to spawn more often in that scenario with a pack of players chasing the 'whichever one is up' boss.

I'm curious what ideas you all can come up with to combat unattended multi clienting though.
LOL can tell you dont pvp.

Encouraging constant and active pvp dissuades afk gathering/botting since you need to actually be there to make sure your character stays alive and also to pvp and control a boss/location. When you put the only item that anyone actually wants in a pvm area and have it spawn only a few times a day and require people to afk wait, it ends up with no one actually participating in the event. Several bosses spawned while people were waiting for gravedigger and no one wants to leave here to do those bosses because the loot is garbage. I want to say this in the least offensive way and not to be a dick, but you guys need more experienced staff. You need people that actually understand how the game works on a macro level. When you put the pvm items on the pvp boss and think that it will encourage people to pvp that usually dont, you are extremely naive. It sounds great on paper but doesnt work.
Legacy likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The biggest issue is making a neccessary pvp item in the game so hard to acquire compared to items like fey leggings(almost equally good of an item) and on osi quiver is very cheap and common during this era. Your whole economy is ass backwards.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

@badreligion keyword: multiclient. Aka pvping and waiting on boss/killing the boss.

Not like it matters to you since you can't do any of those.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Ways to beat the afk script:

1) Put bosses in fel

In all seriousness. That is an option but some other options are:

1) remove razor, steam, open easyuo and easyuo from possible 3rd party options.
2) Like doom, only allow one acc per player in h-town
3) Dont let invised/hidden/dead players receive any rewards
4) Dont allow hiding/invising in boss areas AND add in spawn to the area
5) Dont spawn bosses, spawn mini champs (possibly only 1/2 a level a typical champ) that forces players to do stuff and possibly die to AE. Have it spawn a radomy "champ" which leads to a specific boss. Have a these mini champs at every area.
6) after every boss kill kick out everyone and only unlock area when boss is up, forces players to run into the through possibly a moving puzzle every boss spawn.

Ive seen these things on many diff servers work. And afking wasnt as bad. last thing ill say is afk prevention 100% isnt possible. Takes man (or woman) power and time, so it is difficult. GL trying to work this out. I look forward to possible changes ! and dont forget about my Wildfire change!! haha
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The chaos of pvp highly detours afk playing of the game
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

My 10 cents.
As having real time job and be a father / husband - if im lucky i can attend to 1 spawn of the boss :(
Sad but true, but i dont complain :P

In case of multi client.

If ppl would know the spawn timers they would dont multi client and would go pvp / pvm spawns in fell. Now when u are for example Headless HorseMan its hard to run to for example pumpkin lord or sewers bosses :P In the other hand in that way there is chance u wont get all deco / items that u need to u will need to buy it. Every aspect have + and - :P

Cheers!

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
DG

Post by DG »

1.Tougher bosses.More challenge,more fun and more human efforts.
2.More minions.Make bosses bosses again!
3.More champion-spawn-type bosses.Ever saw afk farmers at spawns?
4.Task chains.Give us some riddles and make us busy!
5.More pvp motivators.Show some love for High Priest!Trinkets and More!
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Maybe just much smaller chances but quick respawns ? Then you would liquidate the cams monitoring every boss. There would be still plenty of AFK / fully-automated people farming the bosses thou.

Speaking of suggestions, I have a minor request : Can you please remove the pumpkin in the main room of the pvp area? I keep stepping on it and it rubber-bands me back:]. Maybe it could be moved on top of a wall where it wouldnt be blocking the patch ? Or replaced with another item.

"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Arden

Post by Arden »

+1 Alvin
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote: 6) after every boss kill kick out everyone and only unlock area when boss is up, forces players to run into the through possibly a moving puzzle every boss spawn.
That was my suggestion implanted in a wall of text, but I did bold the word idea so one could easily skip the rest.

Those decos that rubber band you are annoying including the ones in Luna.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Alvin wrote:Maybe just much smaller chances but quick respawns ? Then you would liquidate the cams monitoring every boss. There would be still plenty of AFK / fully-automated people farming the bosses thou.

Speaking of suggestions, I have a minor request : Can you please remove the pumpkin in the main room of the pvp area? I keep stepping on it and it rubber-bands me back:]. Maybe it could be moved on top of a wall where it wouldnt be blocking the patch ? Or replaced with another item.

in all seriousness, fuck that pumpkin.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Maloskies wrote:
Alvin wrote:Maybe just much smaller chances but quick respawns ? Then you would liquidate the cams monitoring every boss. There would be still plenty of AFK / fully-automated people farming the bosses thou.

in all seriousness, fuck that pumpkin.
I think all ppl with agree with that that the pumpkin is the best troll ever :D

Like the chest/crate on the teleport in despice :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Fethers
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Fethers »

Bad Religion wrote: LOL can tell you dont pvp.
No where in the post I was replying to did Anthony mention pvp or putting the bosses in a pvp area.

So while yes it would certainly discourage unattended gathering putting all the bosses in a felluca rule set it would also discourage a large portion of the playerbase from participating.

So let's keep it on topic and not derail the thread into a pvp argument please.

I don't know why you're all still raging about the trinket but stop.
It wasn't exclusive to the pvp area the entirety of last year's Halloween event and, numorous times now I've posted we have been discussing different options for it.

Also to whoever said make the bosses bosses , it's a hard balancing act because there's no good way to dynamically scale them so what's a challenge for a 50 person zerg at prime time would be next to impossible for a dozen people in off hours. I too like the idea of more challenging bosses especially ones designed with afk scripters in mind, I like the idea of bosses that cast wildfire or really beefed up conflag potion style "the floor is lava" style mmo raiding mechanics that would keep people mobile.
Fethers
UOGamers: Demise - Game Master

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOGamers: Demise.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

One IP address in a dungeon at a time. Including Htown. Post the rules everyone so people don't have an excuse and can't say they didn't see them. Make a gump when you log in for the first week advising of the new rules. One warning to offenders. Next incident - account ban.

There. That would effectively stop a large percentage of the problem. Next you have to deal with the ones making new accounts and using proxies or VPN's. Make a rule that if you are caught with any resources that were gathered afk, you suffer the same fate. That also serves as a warning to legitimate buyers. Make sure the seller is legit. Staff should also reserve the right to make judgement calls. If they find you doing anything against the rules, they don't need proof, they can take action. Because let's face it. A lot of us players can tell pretty much right away who's doing something sketchy and may not be able to provide proof.

Now these may seem harsh, but keep in mind these wouldn't be rules put into place forever. They serve the purpose of cleaning up the server. Once the problem is under control, the rules can be reevaluated. The problem of cheating in video games will never be solved; especially on a free to play UO server. Let's not kid ourselves and think we can solve that problem. We can only do our best to clean it up.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Arden

Post by Arden »

Everyone keeps copying my ideas :P

When you use one of my ideas insure I get credit :P

and maybe a trinket in my bag!!

jkjkjk (too soon?)