Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
deathviper

Re: Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

Post by deathviper »

First off, let me say thanks to the staff for the time and energy they put into the shard!

I know most people playing probably have school or work, as do the staff. I was able to do one pumpkin lord and one gravedigger yesterday (that isn't a complaint).

If I had a vote I would vote for:

Decreasing the boss timers (maybe cut in half) while leaving the drops the same

Make the most sought after items drop on all the bosses.

Have a small chance of (the most desirable) items dropping on regular critters

Vendor could be setup to sell the raffle tickets with a chance on getting the most desirable Halloween items (might take some gold out of the economy)

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment. I explored the first day for a little bit but now find myself camping at gravedigger with the rest of the people. Which I am fine with, because it let's me catch up on TV while waiting for the boss.

No matter how perfect or imperfect the staff is, there are always going to be people that aren't happy.

Once again thanks for the event!
Trojan Sales Rep

Post by Trojan Sales Rep »

remove uosteam from the game and problem solved, most people are not bright enough to create macros in EUO or maybe just too lazy.
Arden

Post by Arden »

EUO is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Steam for scripting, you just have to have more than half a brain. Steam is scripting for dummies
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

a 2 hour window on boss spawns instead of 6 would be nice, even if it cant spawn for 6+ hours after last spawn.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Here's my 2¢ on the subject, which would revamp the whole concept of these events, but I think that's what this topic is about, right?

1. Small holiday town area, safely accessible, gives way to a large, perilous, labyrinthish' dungeon.

2. In that large area, you have many secret locations to reach in order to get to each of the different bosses.

3. Once you reach that location, they work as an instanced battle (like Peerless) where only you and your party can join in.

4. In there, it gets even worse, several rooms, several beefed up mobs, all the mobs have to be cleared in order to open the next door.

5. Rinse and repeat #4 as many times as you wish

6. When you reach the end, you get to fight the boss, with your party only. Reduce drop chances to make sure it don't always drop it's special item it offers, but make sure there is at least a few cookies so people come back.

7. Once you have cleared the boss, you have 5 minutes to loot, and after this you and your party are teleported back to #1.

This means that:

a) You will need to work, to get to the area you can't just wait for the best.

b) It will be a bigger challenge, because you will rely on the power of your party, not on the fire power of the whole shard.

c) People will fail, giving incentive to work harder, work smarter, and by default, have a little bit more fun that holding a key down for 45 secs every 8 hours.

d) Impossible to chain farm them, if someone else reached the area for the boss, you have no chance of getting back in there, you could even make is to people can enter even before the boss is dead, and leave them stucked in the previous door until the other party moved out.

I think that is a fair solution, I can't imagine someone will be able to script all that.

One thing I do understand, is that it's a whole lot of work, and I'm aware of that, but it's a solution nonetheless.
Gündüz and Fethers like this.
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Rare drop keys to get access to lairs. Anyone who finds a key gets a ready gump when the boss spawns. Example an egg for Clawsr nest. When he spawns I get a gump and anyone else who has an egg gets a gump. They can accept or cancle. Egg expires.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Lots of suggestions. That's good. It also drives home the notion that Halloween town was a failure this year. The trinket should be dubbed the Welfare Trinket. Because you didn't have to work for it, you just show up and collect one every few hours.

Serious note. I'm sure staff here likes the idea that there is one or two items in the game that are rare, valuable, best in slot, and insanely expensive. I believe after all of this controversy, the sun needs to set on the trinket. In other words, everyone has been so upset about how you obtain it, I think staff should make this item common and let another item takes it's place as being the most highly sought after item.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

1 account in htown
random boss spawn locations
have to kill mobs all over map to get boss to pop
each boss cant spawn more than xx every xx
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Fethers
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Fethers »

Otim O'Connel wrote:Rare drop keys to get access to lairs. Anyone who finds a key gets a ready gump when the boss spawns. Example an egg for Clawsr nest. When he spawns I get a gump and anyone else who has an egg gets a gump. They can accept or cancle. Egg expires.
I like this idea but not sure how feasible it is to code, at least MiQ's ideas all revolve around existing mechanics that would just need to be modified for the event.

As far as I know there's nothing currently in the game that functions that way is there?

Lot of good ideas being posted though.
Fethers
UOGamers: Demise - Game Master

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOGamers: Demise.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Can the boss be played/ controlled by the GM?
Would be interesting?
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Fethers wrote:
I like this idea but not sure how feasible it is to code, at least MiQ's ideas all revolve around existing mechanics that would just need to be modified for the event.

As far as I know there's nothing currently in the game that functions that way is there?

Lot of good ideas being posted though.
Peerless keys but, they are group

Or simply key allows that allow passage through a door.
This exists. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ ... ner.69266/
Keys could be drops on trash mobs. Be a one time use. This would mean everyone is working to get a key to have a chance at a high end encounter. Rather than running from lair to lair or botting. Key could be consumed on entering door. Or portal. Then you are committed to that encounter. Then you are after more keys. *shrugs* have to think about it more. This might be too discouraging.
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Fethers likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Sorry, otim, I could afk script that.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Fethers wrote: I'm curious what ideas you all can come up with to combat unattended multi clienting though.
Place Holder Mob
A Guardian or guardians of the Lair that offers no rewards and is tough who reveals. When the boss spawns the guardian despawns
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Fethers likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Otim O'Connel wrote: Peerless keys but, they are group

Or simply key allows that allow passage through a door.
This exists. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ ... ner.69266/
Keys could be drops on trash mobs. Be a one time use. This would mean everyone is working to get a key to have a chance at a high end encounter. Rather than running from lair to lair or botting. Key could be consumed on entering door. Or portal. Then you are committed to that encounter. Then you are after more keys. *shrugs* have to think about it more. This might be too discouraging.
I am not particularly too fond of farming keys.

This opens the door to some people trying to dominate the source of keys in a certain area and makes it more difficult for let's say, more casual players, to get their hands on one just to get a ride.

I think if you make the dungeon just challenging enough is should be enough to give a fair chance to everyone, you can also implant the "locked doors until mobs are dead" to various part of the main dungeons so that you prevent the "run for the door" technique that most people will use.

Regardless tho, I think both would certainly at least improve the situation. It is a bit silly that the respawn timer is long, for 30-45 seconds of action, I think the goal is to force to players to actually "play" in order to get to the goodies, instead of simply wait for it.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Tbh, I disagree with any method where you yourself have to have teammates to get you to a particular area. I understand that a team/lots-of-people are required to kill a boss, but I think the solo guys need a fair chance as well.

I'm still liking my idea to just kick players out of an area until respawn. Combine that with my other idea of a random walk path, such as with dungeon chests. I think that is the best method with the least amount of time investment from staff.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on October 26th, 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."