Jailed because of heartwood quest

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mourad

Jailed because of heartwood quest

Post by Mourad »

Hello everyone,

i recently got jailed for 6 hours because i failed to check my char on heartwood quest for like 10 mins or so, cause i was collecting keys for one of the peerlesses.

i really do not understand the point of this "attended macroing", so one can farm in peace while his macro char is being run on his second monitor and he can see it and others gets jailed because they have no option to watch their macro char other than swapping clients every 10 seconds back and forth ( is there really anyone who does this ? ).

Thing is there are situations where i agree with jailing macro players such as miasma and doom afk players . but lets be honest how can i do this heartwood quest while staring at my macro? you need sometimes a whole day to get a heartwood runic, so you tell me people would stay watching their macro playing for hours ?

everything on the shard is ridiculously overpriced because everyone is macroing, so when me as a new player wants to buy decent stuff i canno't, barbed kit (made by macros mules too) are sold at 3kk +, trinket is like 150kk, if i don't macro my way how in the world can i get 150kk ?

i understand that the GMs want to do this because the economy is messed up , but this is not really helping , the rules have been here for years and they clearly didn't help in this situation. so the people who gets punished are those who started and are caught in this loophole.

sorry for the big rant i like the shard but the jailing rule isn't new player friendly at all.
Bad Religion likes this.
Vander Nars

Re: Jailed because of heartwood quest

Post by Vander Nars »

Buy a second moniter and stop crying.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

how do i like only the title?
desalonne, Janky and Servos like this.
Mourad

Post by Mourad »

and while i was in jail i went to check on heartwood and there were like 7 ppl still running their macro ( the same that everyone has ), so i am asking are those 7 macroes watching their macro running ?

its obvious they have found some way to trick the "macro attending" rule. and in the end this rule didn't really fill its purpose.
Blesh

Post by Blesh »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Mourad

Post by Mourad »

i understand that for the old players that thy find this fun and all because they have already macroed they way to bilions in bank, and they can buy /trade for the expensive items.

decent items comes from runics (barbed heartwood runic etc), try to make a new account with no decent suit and no help from friends, and get jailed when you are macroing to get the said runics. not fun anymore eh ?
Centurion and coveiro like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

its more that they have been amassing stuff for years...

you should watch this and you'll understand

skip to 4:15 if you cant be bothered watching the whole thing

plus there are ways to make a lot of money pretty fast, you just need to get a couple of decent drops that you can sell to the old players
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

They use GM alarms to alert them if a GM is doing an afk check. Also, just dont do it afk on the weekends, that is the only time that any staff are on. You can just afk it the rest of the week. Also, a lot of those guys are using way more than 4 accounts for it that are VPN made so if they get banned it's not as big a deal.

I actually agree with you though. New players are directed to running heartwood, their scripts arent as good so they are the only ones getting caught. The rich just get richer and poor stay poor.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

You can't complain for going to jail if you did the crime. If you got jailed for 6 hours that means you already had a warning. And the walls of the jail, rules, and everything that goes alone with this process is very clear.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mourad wrote:i understand that for the old players that thy find this fun and all because they have already macroed they way to bilions in bank, and they can buy /trade for the expensive items.

decent items comes from runics (barbed heartwood runic etc), try to make a new account with no decent suit and no help from friends, and get jailed when you are macroing to get the said runics. not fun anymore eh ?

We didn’t AFK our billions we exploited the f*ck out of the game mechanics
Get it right
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Just remember, the GMs here dont really play the game that much I think and sometimes they make decisions that are bred from naivety. This is just a part time hobby for them, so cut them a break. They are trying their best. Btw did I mention they dont get paid, dont worry though they bring it up every time someone complains about something. So try not to have any realistic expectations regarding the management of this server.
Kayak and Josh like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bama wrote:
Mourad wrote:i understand that for the old players that thy find this fun and all because they have already macroed they way to bilions in bank, and they can buy /trade for the expensive items.

We didn’t AFK our billions we exploited the f*ck out of the game mechanics
Get it right
You must be in HZ and referring to pvp
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:
Bama wrote: You must be in HZ and referring to pvp

You must be very high
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mourad

Post by Mourad »

Calvin hunting monsters for drops i can do the whole day long , no problem with that , you are active. you use some hotkeys and you can have fun while doing this. if i get jailed running a macro to hunt monsters i wouldn't complain it's all fair actually.

the heartwood quest is kind of another thing you need to craft things target them as quest items and click to get a reward. you gotta do this for the whole day long to get a runic that you will burn and might get garbage from all the uses.

lets be logic, none is gonna do this without a macro, the same goes for lumber and mining. why one should look at his macro running is beyond me.

from my understanding this is implemented so the shard won't be flooded with ingots and wood, and obviously it didn't help at all since the resources are everywhere on vendors, and the rule failed clearly to fill its purpose.
Bad Religion likes this.