GMs

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Otim O'Connel

Re: GMs

Post by Otim O'Connel »

~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
stefo likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Mr Straitions wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:You mean besides being in a ban cell? That's usually a good indicator. You think he was running a gm alarm just for giggles?
Is it illegal or against the rules to run a gm alarm? Having a radar detector doesn't mean I was speeding. I see hte server rules are linked in your signature so I will go ahead and assume you are aware that having a gm alarm is as legal as chewing bubble gum.

I personally encourage running gm alarms as long as it's not against the rules. You don't want to miss the afk checks when you're attended.
I clearly didn't say it was illegal to run an alarm, but there's no need to run it if you're attended. There's also no need to run a radar detector if you're not breaking the law. It's impossible to miss afk checks if you're attended.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
The Silvertiger

Mr Straitions wrote:[img]img[/img]
How about just don't break the law and there's no need to hold anyone accountable.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

The Silvertiger wrote:
How about just don't break the law and there's no need to hold anyone accountable.
But we haven't established that he has indeed broken the law! I feel like a lawyer lol. Please show me anywhere in this thread where he's been accused of breaking the rules or admits to breaking the rules. Running an alarm isn't a violation. Being teleported into jail doesn't mean he was guilty as I've already established that being teleported to jail is apart of the standard afk checking. And i'd like to remind you that the point of this thread is that OP feels like the GM was a dick to him for no reason.
Last edited by Mr Straitions on November 29th, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Mr Straitions wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
But we haven't established that he has indeed broken the law! I feel like a lawyer lol. Please show me anywhere in this thread where he's been accused of breaking the rules or admits to breaking the rules.
Well it starts with not answering the GM that is standing right beside you. Then its a little trip into a jail cell. Then they check how many times you have done it before. Then it's bye Felicia. I have been jailed. That trembling sensation you get wondering if you are gonna loose all those pixels. *shivers* Be thankful it wasn't Xavier he was mean as hell.
Last edited by Otim O'Connel on November 29th, 2017, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Otim O'Connel wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: How about just don't break the law and there's no need to hold anyone accountable.
But we haven't established that he has indeed broken the law! I feel like a lawyer lol. Please show me anywhere in this thread where he's been accused of breaking the rules or admits to breaking the rules.
Well it starts with not answering the GM that is standing right beside you. Then its a little trip into a jail cell. Then they check how many times you have done it before. Then it's bye Felicia. I have been jailed. That trembling sensation you get wondering if you are gonna loose all those pixels. *shivers*
You're incorrect. I've personally experienced many afk checks. None of them started with a GM standing beside me. That is not standard procedure for demise. I giggled at your memes, but you're still wrong.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

I have had at least 10 AFK checks
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
The Silvertiger

Mr Straitions wrote:I feel like a lawyer.
Yeah, I feel like you are just playing devil's advocate too much. The op never argued the afk point, but was upset about the language/threat...

Yo, Tycho, am I correct that you found a way to circumvent the gm alarm?
Selling List & Vendor

Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Yeah, I feel like you are just playing devil's advocate too much. The op never argued the afk point, but was upset about the language/threat...

I have messed around with a local runuo server for years. That is super easy. :D It wasn't a threat. The threat was all the warnings. It was the BAN HAMMER
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

The Silvertiger wrote:

I just want to stick up for the little guy and hearing that GMs are being dicks for no reason makes me salty. :coffee:
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

If you get caught over and over your not gonna get some sort of "I am so sorry to have to do this to you Johnny but, you left me no choice sweety." That is why they call it a ban hammer. It hurts.
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Otim O'Connel wrote:If you get caught over and over your not gonna get some sort of "I am so sorry to have to do this to you Johnny but, you left me no choice sweety." That is why they call it a ban hammer. It hurts.
I agree with you. However, that logic doesn't seem to apply here. With the information that's known so far from this thread, OP is innocent of all crimes. We've already established previously that being in jail does not indicate he committed a crime as being teleported to jail is indeed apart of the afk checking procedure. If you THINK OP broke a rule, that is hearsay.

For all we know, OP has NEVER broken a server rule. He might be a boy scout with all his merit badges and ran into a dirty GM who's drunk with power and made unwarranted idle threats.

Anyway, time for me to hang up the attorney gig. Execute OP if you want lol. I'll just leave with this one statement: @players don't break the rules @GMs don't be mean.