Forget buffing pets...

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Llama Vortex

Re: Forget buffing pets...

Post by Llama Vortex »

Vander Nars wrote:Faction timers shouldn't be reduced to less than 10 mins, zergs just wants it to be short enough that when the lose a member, he can hang out in the back long enough to go out of stat while the fight is going on and benefit from the warhorses with taking almost no risk. We are trying to make this shard better, removing all the risk involved in factions pvp is not making the shard better.
I understand that faction stats loss has a purpose. I played factions on several servers and it was very important to remove a player from battle when trying to invade a faction stronghold, otherwise it would become impossible to pursue your objective.

Nevertheless that's a different reality, I think that a 5 minute loss period in Demise is more than sufficient to enable a guild to achieve its objectives, just the fact that you can't resurrect your faction friend in battle allowing him to instantly rejoin the fight is, in my humble opinion, enough discouragement to balance the benefits of having a strong mount. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that you are can be freely attacked and that you can't receive beneficial actions from players outside your faction.

So, I vote No for completely removing stats loss timer, but yes for a 5 minutes one.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

It would be sad to lose all this faction momentum because of that, faction horses are pimp.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Llama Vortex wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:Faction timers shouldn't be reduced to less than 10 mins, zergs just wants it to be short enough that when the lose a member, he can hang out in the back long enough to go out of stat while the fight is going on and benefit from the warhorses with taking almost no risk. We are trying to make this shard better, removing all the risk involved in factions pvp is not making the shard better.
I understand that faction stats loss has a purpose. I played factions on several servers and it was very important to remove a player from battle when trying to invade a faction stronghold, otherwise it would become impossible to pursue your objective.

Nevertheless that's a different reality, I think that a 5 minute loss period in Demise is more than sufficient to enable a guild to achieve its objectives, just the fact that you can't resurrect your faction friend in battle allowing him to instantly rejoin the fight is, in my humble opinion, enough discouragement to balance the benefits of having a strong mount. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that you are can be freely attacked and that you can't receive beneficial actions from players outside your faction.

So, I vote No for completely removing stats loss timer, but yes for a 5 minutes one.
I personally think 5 mins is to short as alot of bigger fights last longer than 5 mins but anything shorter than 5 mins is really too short. I think 7 or 8 could be long enough to ensure a player is out of the fight but able to return quickly for the next fight. I just dont want it to be easy for zergs, u can already see loop and hz begging for 3 and 2 min timers cause they dont really wanna do factions, they just want stronger mounts for lil risk.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Yeah but then people will refuse to join factions and use soulstone trick for a cu, which takes ~2-3 mins, many people (mostly hzs) are still abusing cu sidhes at the britgate, they make sure they won't die, they barely flag, so they can run to house or outnumber heavily.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

People complain a lot about the 2 minutes criminal timer (feels like an eternity when you are trying to restock your shit and come back to the fight). I have a feeling that a 5 minutes stats loss would be enough to allow any guild to achieve any objective in game. The 5 minutes break works on OSI right now and I think is a decent benchmark.
The Silvertiger and Alvin like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Llama Vortex wrote:People complain a lot about the 2 minutes criminal timer (feels like an eternity when you are trying to restock your shit and come back to the fight). I have a feeling that a 5 minutes stats loss would be enough to allow any guild to achieve any objective in game. The 5 minutes break works on OSI right now and I think is a decent benchmark.
People complain to much :P
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Llama Vortex wrote:Image

It would be sad to lose all this faction momentum because of that, faction horses are pimp.
look at all them kvg, been telling people that casting changes would get people playing again.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Josh wrote:Reduced timer would be great in order to get factions popping. There’s no incentive other than horses and the penalty outweighs the benefits tbh.
-or add faction Arties bc those are cool too :)
Staff has already stated in the past the faction arties are a no-go because they would, in their own words, "ruin the economy".

I vote for 3 minute stat loss. if you have it too long people will just stay out of factions and use swampies instead.
Lucifall
Josh

Post by Josh »

Legacy wrote:
Josh wrote:Reduced timer would be great in order to get factions popping. There’s no incentive other than horses and the penalty outweighs the benefits tbh.
Staff has already stated in the past the faction arties are a no-go because they would, in their own words, "ruin the economy".

I vote for 3 minute stat loss. if you have it too long people will just stay out of factions and use swampies instead.
My vote is 5-10 min. It keeps them out the fight long enough to have some actual impact.
Last edited by Josh on March 5th, 2019, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Llama Vortex wrote:https://goo.gl/forms/061JPQeLIG5I18LG2

let's vote!

:)
Cant see the results so far!
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

I agree with candy bars on a 10 min timer. Wouldn't change anything else with factions though.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Legacy wrote:

Where was this stated and who stated it?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

They also stated that they'd never touch the casting. I remember that comment being made about 2 years ago.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Legacy wrote: Staff has already stated in the past the faction arties are a no-go because they would, in their own words, "ruin the economy".

They also stated that they'd never touch the casting. I remember that comment being made about 2 years ago.
Faction arties would not ruin economy if you followed Morto's idea - turn in regular arty for exchange in faction arty. This way - there's really no different rarity to the item than regular artifacts. As for balanced pvp - if everyone has the opportunity to level up their gear in unison w/ faction arties it shouldn't imbalance the pvp - this just creates opportunities for better gameplay, increases likelihood of players being enticed to join Demise, and aligns a casting adjustment w/ players who don't have end game gear to be more competitive (i.e. more viable competition in the field) instead of 4 or 5 main zergling guilds. You'd see people start to break off into pairs or quad groups instead of 5-15 people trying to stay on one tile while calling closest target - that shits no fun anymore.

Anyway - thanks to Eos and staff for considering casting change. It's not hard to tell there's a buzz among the UO pvp community - people are taking interest. Keep the train running :)