luck

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tempest

Re: luck

Post by Tempest »

fluffhead321 wrote:
Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:

thats inaccurate, monsters have a cap on possible items, luck gets you closer to said cap...Same goes for cumulative % of intensities on said items...Feel free to page and ask a GM, thats where I got the information from.

That particular GM was mis-informed, sorry bud.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Lol you used to claim luck was a tiered system as well, but were completely wrong...Sorry bud, your reliability is hardly on point...batting a steady 0.000 atm
You clearly can't comprehend simple English - you should reconsider enrolling in some reading classes to grasp the concept of deriving simple words that make something called a sentence.

I stated earlier, and today, that 630 luck is all you need to produce end-game loot, and any more than that is killing the potential of your suit.

2+2=4, you must've failed math class too huh? :lol:
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

That particular GM was mis-informed, sorry bud.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Lol you used to claim luck was a tiered system as well, but were completely wrong...Sorry bud, your reliability is hardly on point...batting a steady 0.000 atm
You clearly can't comprehend simple English - you should reconsider enrolling in some reading classes to grasp the concept of deriving simple words that make something called a sentence.

I stated earlier, and today, that 630 luck is all you need to produce end-game loot, and any more than that is killing the potential of your suit.

The irony of this is that you don't seem to know what derive means...Also notice my use of "used" a past tense word, not referencing this thread when I brought up the tiered system component...Please continue to try and act smart and use words you don't understand to try and puff your ego and revel in you delusions of grandeur.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

fluffhead321 wrote:
Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:

The irony of this is that you don't seem to know what derive means...Also notice my use of "used" a past tense word, not referencing this thread when I brought up the tiered system component...Please continue to try and act smart and use words you don't understand to try and puff your ego and revel in you delusions of grandeur.
The fact it took you exactly 36 minutes to think of that as a reply further proves my point of your stupidity.

I can refer you to some renowned English professors to help you with your inability to read words and understand them.

Time for bed. :coffee:
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

The fact it took you exactly 36 minutes to think of that as a reply further proves my point of your stupidity.

I can refer you to some renowned English professors to help you with your inability to read words and understand them.

Time for bed. :coffee:
you think I'm sitting here clicking refresh over and over man? Its Friday bruh, I got stuff going on and am checking this during lulls in my night...

In all seriousness, ever considered a visit to a psychiatrist man? For real, no shade. It might help you over come the quick to anger, taking things too seriously and the aforementioned delusions
Valkyrie likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

de·rive
/dəˈrīv/Submit
verb
obtain something from (a specified source).
"they derived great comfort from this assurance"
synonyms: obtain, get, take, gain, acquire, procure, extract, attain, glean
"he hated the work, only deriving consolation from his reading of poetry"
base a concept on a logical extension or modification of (another concept).
"Eliot derived his poetics from the French Symbolists"
(of a word) have (a specified word, usually of another language) as a root or origin.
"the word “punch” derives from the Hindustani “pancha”"
Tempest likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Elf items don't spawn in ilsh they spawn on ml mobs or in ml dungeons some of whic happen to be in ilsh. Ilsh is actually one of the best spots to farm as the paragon loot bump is a great way to get top tier 5 mod gear. Also the spawning of elf items doesn't generally matter anyways as the most important items are jewels and a few specific weapons. Mage wep sc-0 dci or a good hatchet/cleaver. Yea it might take away from a few items but most monster farming is done afk over a long period of time so it doesnt matter. You might lose your 5 mod 100% intensity item to a bardiche or a tunic which you probably wont loot anyways. And the luck total doesn't matter to much either if im fighting mobs i kill in 1-3 shots I probably dont need an amazing suit. Now for an ideal gauntlet suit yeah you are probably going to be around 600-900 luck for kill speed but a dread spider that i 1 shot i can probably get away with 1600 luck and be just as fast.

Once again I've stated it time and time again. Don't allow cookie cutter builds be the end. Make your suit specific to what you are doing. Including luck hunting specific mobs.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Loler wrote:Elf items don't spawn in ilsh they spawn on ml mobs or in ml dungeons some of whic happen to be in ilsh. Ilsh is actually one of the best spots to farm as the paragon loot bump is a great way to get top tier 5 mod gear. Also the spawning of elf items doesn't generally matter anyways as the most important items are jewels and a few specific weapons. Mage wep sc-0 dci or a good hatchet/cleaver. Yea it might take away from a few items but most monster farming is done afk over a long period of time so it doesnt matter. You might lose your 5 mod 100% intensity item to a bardiche or a tunic which you probably wont loot anyways. And the luck total doesn't matter to much either if im fighting mobs i kill in 1-3 shots I probably dont need an amazing suit. Now for an ideal gauntlet suit yeah you are probably going to be around 600-900 luck for kill speed but a dread spider that i 1 shot i can probably get away with 1600 luck and be just as fast.

Once again I've stated it time and time again. Don't allow cookie cutter builds be the end. Make your suit specific to what you are doing. Including luck hunting specific mobs.
So... umm... was my 1500+ luck farming imps a good choice?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Valkyrie likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I probably wouldn't farm imps at all. you still want to farm high loot pack mobs. dread spiders titans blood eles poison eles wisps. demons are probably the lowest loot pack mob u want to farm.

That's not to say u couldn't pull a decent 5 mod item off an imp paragon but you still want to get as much of an advantage as possible.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
alllex likes this.
GamliBaykus

Post by GamliBaykus »

3000 - 6000 mobs kill per day, outo loot, afk farming, 800 luck, 8-10 week ... u find the best jewel ....
i love demise :D
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

GamliBaykus wrote:3000 - 6000 mobs kill per day, outo loot, afk farming, 800 luck, 8-10 week ... u find the best jewel ....
i love demise :D
yea - sounds about right......stupid as shit that this is what it takes, but it's true. Decent luck suit paired with volume over margin is the only way to get decent shit. Even when you do get something worth looting there are usually troll mods that make it mid-tier shit that only 1 person in the history of demise would ever consider building a suit around....

Been running 2k+ luck and killing high tier mobs for over 6 months now and have only maybe gotten 1 or 2 items that are even close to being usable over crafted items.

Crafting > Luck Hunting any day if you're looking for ROI.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Para succubus was my favourite, they drop fast with a tamer-archer.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you need several things to roll together to get good loot..

i think monsters have a bracket, so like a fame 5000 monster (arbitrary number) might have a level 3 - level 6 loot pack.

your luck then has a roll to bump this up one level. so you need the monster to roll it's max level, and your luck to trigger. that bumps it to the next level up.

in the next level up, the bracket of number of props, and the bracket for min/max intensity is increased

on top of that you need to roll the correct mods on the correct item

i think that's how it works anyway, the max is probably 100% at low level, like runic, but the min will probably increase.
JlM

Post by JlM »

I hunt with 1.8k luck + 1k from perfection. Dosnt help at all.
JlM

Post by JlM »

I have gotten max intensity 5 mod items from bloods/dreadspiders with 0 luck, I rarely get the same from misiama with around 2.8k luck
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Imagine actually playing the game and not just "play".