What options are available?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
royal kapero2

What options are available?

Post by royal kapero2 »

Dear Staff, what are your ideas to keep this game alive, especially the most intensive part of the game - Felucca.

Can you...

1) Steal Demise data and make it EOS server? Earn money from donations, introduce your own policy.

2) Make a contest for new staff members. That will analyze bugs carefully and make daily events or upload daily automatic, random events.

3) Close this place and make your own server. With own ideas. We will start from beginning, the hard way, no afking.

Thanks. Good fight to everyone.
:)
Frasier and Bad Religion like this.
Centurion

Re: What options are available?

Post by Centurion »

i thought u left again?
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Centurion wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 12:49 am i thought u left again?
There is no cure for Demise. You can't leave :D
Matiu, Calvin and april0395 like this.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

kapero just give up
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Frasier wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 5:33 am
Are you back? :O
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Calvin likes this.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

april0395 wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 11:07 pm
Frasier wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 5:33 am
Are you back? :O
Occasionally wandering around :lol:
april0395 and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

royal kapero2 wrote: February 1st, 2020, 10:18 pm ...especially the most intensive part of the game - Felucca.
imo, they need to stop listening to the vocal minority and catering to you guys.
i think this is what has damaged the server so much, whether it was creating items to balance the pvp scene, or banning the chinese because pvpers were complaining, or devaluing all the pvm drops because you complain they're too boring to get, or taking up all the GM's time with silly tournaments of <10 people...

i think the problem is keeping it OSI styled, and i think they can get around it by keeping the main game intact and unchanged, but creating a new landmass. we have talented GMs on here, we should unleash them and let them create stuff.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

vocal minorities piss me off..

“We can't win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win.”
― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything

but it's the same reason films on rotten tomatoes get <10% critic score, and >90% audience score, or vice versa. it's the same reason hillary was 99% chance to win on the 2016 election night, or brexit was never going to happen. it's the same reason films are now full of woke trash and diversity instead of storyline.

dont bend to the will of loud mouth nutters (including me tbh), have your own vision and see it through, you guys are pretty good judges of stuff tbh.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Simple additions would drastically improve Demise:

1) Scale harsher AFK gathering ramifications with loot/bod system ROI
2) Add automated content (mini games) that don’t reward anything useful in game other than aesthetics (sandals/hues/candles/statues/titles/cloth - basically anything Calvin drools over)

Those are the top two imo.
Calvin and ortiz like this.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Calvin wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 3:42 pm imo, they need to stop listening to the vocal minority and catering to you guys.
i think this is what has damaged the server so much...
Josh

Post by Josh »

Calvin wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 3:50 pm vocal minorities piss me off..

but it's the same reason films on rotten tomatoes get <10% critic score, and >90% audience score, or vice versa. it's the same reason hillary was 99% chance to win on the 2016 election night, or brexit was never going to happen. it's the same reason films are now full of woke trash and diversity instead of storyline.

dont bend to the will of loud mouth nutters (including me tbh), have your own vision and see it through, you guys are pretty good judges of stuff tbh.
This is retarded. Not really equatable to political problems nor film scores.

Vocal minority? They literally had a poll for casting to see if it was a majority or minority decision (it was majority, despite both sides trying to cheat the vote number).

As for suggesting changes, people present arguments and justifications as to why things change, if you disagree present reasons it should stay the same, everyone has an equal opportunity to voice their opinion. If we’re equating it to your Douglas Adams quote, which seems to be about democracy, having a forum where we can debate out different desires is perfect.

Also it’s not a fucking democracy, no one elected these gms, the gms decide what to pick and use a diverse set of reasoning to decide shit. Sometimes it’s popular opinion, sometimes it’s balancing, sometimes it’s based on osi-likeness, sometimes it’s based on laziness, etc. If you care or have concerns with how the server is and what it could change to, voice your opinion, and present an intelligent argument, that’s how you persuade people and ultimately you need to persuade the gms if it should be changed or kept the same.

Also, minority opinion matters, sometimes the majority is shaped by how things are structured, ex: people who have left or potential people who haven’t played here Bc of dislike for certain aspects (scripting). Sometimes minority positions are produced Bc those people who could potentially play/comeback haven’t played or quit, so it’s potentially and illusory majority. Some minority positions consider those people outside of the server’s desires while the majority doesn’t. The ultimate goal of a server is to have players, so leaving those outside potential players out of consideration is flawed when trying to allow a server to grow. So minority positions can matter is the point.

And if you’re gonna say some shit like “we don’t always have time,” Id contend you in particular probably do but also everyone has time to make 1 post arguing for something they care, Bc they’ll complain about the change post-change, so why not complain pre-change.

TL;dr - Just debate what should and shouldn’t happen if you care, otherwise stop being a cuck. Questions of what are good for the server shouldn’t necessarily be driven by majority/minority opinions.
Calvin and raveX like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Josh wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:14 am

Vocal minority? They literally had a poll for casting to see if it was a majority or minority decision (it was majority, despite both sides trying to cheat the vote number).
might not even need to read rest of this post, because that's my point right there. the people that post on forum polls, are not the majority.

this is the same as politics, you can ask the pollsters, and they will tell you X, but X reflects the people that are voting && are signed up to the polsters (in this case forum), and that's not the real majority - that's the vocal minority.

now i will read rest of post.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Josh wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:14 am

Also it’s not a fucking democracy, no one elected these gms
wrong, vote with your wallet, your vote is whether you play or not.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Josh wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:14 amSome minority positions consider those people outside of the server’s desires while the majority doesn’t.

come on brain, you can do it!