DEMISE MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE NEW SERVER???

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Centurion

DEMISE MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE NEW SERVER???

Post by Centurion »

Just wondering when we are going to hear about future plans regarding the server as we now have new owners???

I and fellow players i have talked to [excluding - Excorsion] would like to hear your thoughts and ideas on the following subjects -

1. I would like to hear about when we are getting a donation store and what type of stuff will be for sale.

2. Future events e.g. 'sin dungeons' and other GM created instances.

3. If you plan on implementing new stuff into the game ... e.g. daily events, weekly events, monthly events, increase on loot table, upgrading treasure maps / fishing SoS and virtue artefacts etc etc

4. The need for a fix for 'Felucca Casting' as it needs fixing ... it is utter rubbish atm ... feels like 2/4 or 2/5. Basically a whole group of players have been alienated from playing as they like. Now everyone copies [A^R] with stealth dexers / archers and we rarely see mages about in Felucca.

5. Improvements to crafting so it doesn't take 100 kits to craft a decent weapon / piece of armour this would enable newer players to enter into the pvp sooner and increase numbers / amount of guilds pvping.

6. Increase 'CUB' event to once a year to help keep server items down etc.

7. Could you also improve on communication with the player base as there can be months between each piece of information coming from you guys. Maybe have a question and answer session every month to 3 months ... so people can sit down and ask sensible questions regarding issues in the game or make a discord channel for questions that can be posted and the answers at a later date by yourselves (have the channel open for 24 hours to post questions then shut it).

I am sure other people have many things they would like communicated to them so please add any questions for the GM's to answer.

Information is key to success so lets have some more dialogue.
Last edited by Centurion on March 4th, 2020, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MB likes this.
Excorsion

Re: DEMISE MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE NEW SERVER???

Post by Excorsion »

Speaking for myself only since you seem to assume to speak for everyone....

I could careless about a donation store and what it will bring.... If they were to put a donation system.. I'd gladly donate here and there... and i don't need pretty trinkets to do so... what I would want in return is staff being more active or the hiring of more staff to police the shard and do away with all the bots and rule breakers... Not naming servers but during the down i did try a few other servers and many of them have active staff...and it is hard to keep coming back here to see no staff being active.

I agree with the cub event being atleast once a year...with afk farming of runics and bods a thing many players are laggy the server down due to not throwing anything away....so the cub event needs to happen more often for the enjoyment of all with out lag.

felucca casting has been broken a very long time.. and it seem the staff does not know how or refuse to fix it.

Bottomline is staff need to step up and start handling the shard like staff and not part timers. many players know the current staff's schedule.. which is very limited...and they abuse the rules when the staff is gone. this could be easily fixed by either getting volunteers to police the shard...or change the rules and let chaos reign. I know many players have voiced that they would volunteer time to help police the shard some are doing it now... but in doing so they are breaking rules themselves or at the very least operating in the grey area of the rules.

Imagine a prison being ran like this shard is atm...
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

Excorsion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 5:31 pm Speaking for myself only since you seem to assume to speak for everyone...

I dont think he assumes to talk for everyone here i think hes stating an opinion.WHY are you being a troll i hope they put up a donation store so new players can buy pet bonding deeds for a good price when i started here they were 5 bucks on the store sold for 500k in game not 3 mil same with name change deeds so i am assuming your trolling because everyone i speak to wants a donation store :roll:
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Well, just because they have moved the server on something in their possession so that the PLAYERS can still log in and enjoy the game, I'm not really sure that actually means that all of a sudden someone will have an extra 60 hours a week to dedicate on future direction, coding, and solving issues.

I find it rather comical that all I see lately on these boards are ways to "save" demise, to make it better.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, you all should feel DAMN LUCKY this server still works, just that is quite a feat by itself.

If, and only if, the new owners decide to take some stance for the future, and make substantial changes, I am certain that some notice will be given for it. Until then, it sounds rather selfish to suggest that someone puts hundreads of hours of coding, for what one feel is the solution for demise.

On that, I wish you all a most wonderful afternoon ;)
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Made In Quebec wrote: March 4th, 2020, 6:25 pm Well, just because they have moved the server on something in their possession so that the PLAYERS can still log in and enjoy the game, I'm not really sure that actually means that all of a sudden someone will have an extra 60 hours a week to dedicate on future direction, coding, and solving issues.

I find it rather comical that all I see lately on these boards are ways to "save" demise, to make it better.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, you all should feel DAMN LUCKY this server still works, just that is quite a feat by itself.

If, and only if, the new owners decide to take some stance for the future, and make substantial changes, I am certain that some notice will be given for it. Until then, it sounds rather selfish to suggest that someone puts hundreads of hours of coding, for what one feel is the solution for demise.

On that, I wish you all a most wonderful afternoon ;)
Any reason why u post on here since u gave your shit away and don't even play anymore ... so your opinion is worthless really ... go troll your new game ... or they ignore u there to?
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

This is so amusing. People are so greedy.
All this cheating lol, shtap. You'll deserve nothing more before that!
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:07 pm Any reason why u post on here since u gave your shit away and don't even play anymore ...
Yea, I feel like it.
Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:07 pm so your opinion is worthless really
I believe the world should be free of greed, selfishness, and idiocy.

But since my opinion is worthless, please do stay greedy, selfish, and idiotic.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Same idiots posting in every post with some random crap when really its about 'ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME' .... jog on u fool

Its sad u have to comment on everything to try and draw attention to yourself ... are u so lonely???

Trying to have a discussion about what can be done to improve the server but every time someone starts a thread all the idiots (GM Fan Club or just plain old 'The GM's' hidden accounts) come out with that bull crap about how hard it is for the GM's ... if it so hard hand the reins over and quit complaining.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I would appreciate you pointing out the < everything > in that I comment on everything to try and draw attention. I am not lonely (thanks for caring, lol like you really do), and honestly I just keep track because UOGamers and RunUO have been great to me for so many years, and I will always have an interest in keeping an eye on what's going on.

Im afraid that there is no logical person to give the leadership of this shard to, doing so would result in an instant disaster, and I am certain that right now, you have the best of what is possible to offer for Demise.

I respect that your opinion may defer, and you may have your dreams and hopes, but expecting them to become reality, is at best foolish.

I will be excited for you if one day I am proven wrong :)
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Mr Nobody wrote: March 4th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Excorsion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 5:31 pm Speaking for myself only since you seem to assume to speak for everyone...

I dont think he assumes to talk for everyone here i think hes stating an opinion.WHY are you being a troll i hope they put up a donation store so new players can buy pet bonding deeds for a good price when i started here they were 5 bucks on the store sold for 500k in game not 3 mil same with name change deeds so i am assuming your trolling because everyone i speak to wants a donation store :roll:
Well since you felt the need to jump in a quote me.. I'll respond in kind... The OP has edited his original post in which he was asking for high end runics to be added to a donation store...He also assumed to speak for everyone to which now he edited because i made my comment about speaking for myself...

The main problem is this...Bots and rule breakers are running the shard...now this might hurt the staffs feelings but from a outside view that is what it looks like. Imagine you see a item on a vendor you really want to buy.. so you go off to your nice little hunting spot that you hardly ever seen anyone at ever... to find a bot there running a enemy attack macro and just afking the mobs... so then you go to nice little spot number two and see another bot there doing the same...so you go to another spot and yep you guessed it... another afker....Now i'm not saying scripting is bad.. but it is bad when you do it afk...and some players have taken to just breaking the rules if they see anyone taming or mining or lumberhacking...regardless if they are unattended or not...My wife was attended lumberjacking with a script... and a certain player seen her by his house on moonglow trammel.. and decided to release a rune beetle on her.. to which she died being a mule char and not a combat toon... well she had me come rez her....so she was only dead about 1 minute but still releasing of pets by the rules is wrong..well I reported and you guessed it ... hours upon hours in the que at number 1 and no response so I pm on here to a staff member and I get the generic response the member is known...3 days later. Imagine if the law enforcement response time was 3 days in your area... now i understand the staff has lives to live.. but as I stated they need to hire voluteers or something or just lets the rules go and watch the shard implode on itself.

as for me being a troll.. do you even know what trolling means to a forum.. I suspect you don't...Because My original post was in response to someone asking for stuff that would ruin the shard and not help the shard... aka it has my thoughts on the problems at hand and solutions. as for your pet bonding deed and name change stuff... you sound like just another greedy player wants everything giving to them. Name changes in the game are actually a bad thing.. back in the day your name was your reputation with other players.. if you were a scammer you were quickly dealt with.. but now it easier than ever to discard your bad rep with a name change..even without a name change deed you could still do it altho it would be a little expensive if you had high end scroll used. and pet bonding? it's only 7 days... can you not be patient for 7 days? it's trivial...not game breaking. too me someone complaining about wanting pet bonding deeds sounds like a entitled brat throwing a tantrum. again not calling you one persay.. just saying that it sounds that way.

as i stated I would donate to the shard myself.. but i don't need to get something in return.. because in truth I would already be getting something... the shard being up...Yes i know other shards do it... still doesn't make it right.
raveX likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Slight adjustments to pauses and damage numbers doesn’t take hundreds of hours of coding, everything is there, they would just need to implement it.

However it is clear they are out of touch with pvp, which is fine. I think the pvpers who played for the new casting have left already due to never fully fixing the casting and the ones who are left want the arcade casting. Let the trammies and the bots have fel back.

No sarcasm. Let the people who are left enjoy it. Although I really do appreciate the staff for trying.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 4:30 pm 3. If you plan on implementing new stuff into the game ... e.g. daily events, weekly events, monthly events...
i agree

before this, i was play on spanish server [legends][already dead...] and they have nice events

-----------------------------------------------------
event 1st
something like survival players are in small place 15x15 evry player have 1x potion invisible and in area is 1 vortex, each minit will double vortex in area, 1 next 2 next 4...8 and last player survive win xD

next event 2nd was PVP 2-3 teams [well propably even 4+ teams] [depent number players]

area was in deserts, chous and more one place...

players get basic amors 30-35 resist and poitons 5x agi 5x str 10 heal 10 cure 10 explo, players have 1X chance get new SET items on start camping [something like stone, double click and it equip with news basic items, depents skills] after need take body for get items back [mostly REGS and poitons] aswell basic amor was sometime nice again evil omen XD

mages get mage regs 50-100 [dont remeber how many], necro get necro regs, aswell caster get 2-4 casting [1/2 ring brace], warior get 50-100 bandage [healing skill] and weapon about 3-4 type with spellchaneling and 40 di nothing else of course archers get 4-5 type bows xbows... and some arrows 200-300 each maybe, poisoning get some 5 letal poisons, others skills get aswell some perks, some skills was disable... i think hiding was disable

when all players was DEAD team who survive win it

next event 3th was pvp, it was about score, flaks take get 10 points and kill get 1 points aswell was teams, evry DEAD players get all items all time aswell it was with BASIC AMOR and some poitons and regs, afterplayer dead BODY DISAPIRE so loting was no posible, when player lose all regs so need die for respawn with all items again, map was dungeon WISP or something like it was more maps...

team with 200 points win... +-

it can be nice see it sometime,
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Excorsion wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:22 pm
so you go off to your nice little hunting spot that you hardly ever seen anyone at ever... to find a bot there running a enemy attack macro and just afking the mobs... .
First
You don't own any hunting spot and neither do they
The sooner (BOOMER hi DV) you realize that the better off you will be

Second
If they are running an enemy attack macro and if they are AFK
Got a tamer?
Got Steam?
Stand in front of them
Dismount if need be
Put your pet by you
Go into war mode
Use their script against them
With a part of their script

getenemy 'closest' 'nearest''grey''criminal''murderer''enemy'
target! 'enemy'
attack 'enemy'

Since pet commands are incorrect
A pet that is guarding you will go attack whatever there is in that spot
And if the creature always spawns in almost the same area step closer to that area

I did this to the Chinese in the wisp dungeon all the time
They were not happy
I did not care
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Excorsion wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:22 pm
...My wife was attended lumberjacking with a script... and a certain player seen her by his house on moonglow trammel.. and decided to release a rune beetle on her.. to which she died being a mule char and not a combat toon...
Like I tell the players that run to me and cuss me out because they died to an elemental I mined up.........how do you die to something like that if you are attended?

You can be mounted while you harvest lumber and whether or not you are a combat toon you can out run a monster/creature/released pet while mounted

Put magery on your wife's toon instead of chivalry
Go into protection
The next time it happens (and it will)
Run to the person who released the pet
Cast Inviz and let them deal with it

You posting here will not accomplish much
Even posting in an Admin's event did nothing
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 68#p137468
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm Same idiots posting in every post with some random crap when really its about 'ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME' .... jog on u fool

Its sad u have to comment on everything to try and draw attention to yourself ... are u so lonely???

Trying to have a discussion about what can be done to improve the server but every time someone starts a thread all the idiots (GM Fan Club or just plain old 'The GM's' hidden accounts) come out with that bull crap about how hard it is for the GM's ... if it so hard hand the reins over and quit complaining.

download the server, make what you want yourself, send the files to them.
:coffee:

put your money where your mouth is.