Curious on Free Shards suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Pkstylez

Curious on Free Shards suggestions

Post by Pkstylez »

SO, since we are all stuck in our houses, i have returned to trying to remember how to play this game that i once dedicate more than 50 hours a week to many years ago. That being said, when i looked up Ultima Online Free shards, there was many more to choose from than before.
Basically, im looking for fast level up so i can get back to playing,
Is there a Felucca here to PVP?
how many players are still active on here as i havent seen many people running around since i have ran through some towns.
Is Demise still the best one to play on?
Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone.
Excorsion

Re: Curious on Free Shards suggestions

Post by Excorsion »

The only thing i can tell you.... if you played during mondain legacy then you will not have much of a learning curve. Most skills are easy enough to level up...the community is kinda hit and miss...there are a lot of entitled people on the shard that have no sense of decency... Meaning even if you are a nice person and try and help be ready to be harassed and even verbally attacked and griefed.... the staff is lacking in some departments...which only fuels the anti social behavior... there is a fel side and yes there is pvp that happens...but casting seems broken.. and most of the pvp population are scriptors.. who abuse game mechanics.. Like using cu sidhe's without having taming. For me that is a none issue because I'm a 48 year old man and I hung up my pvp belt when i quit the OSI shards years ago... I now play only to play with family but the sheer amount of toxic playerbase is very alarming.
Pkstylez

Post by Pkstylez »

Thank you for your input, im 41 i payed OSI original up to ML. Returned few years later for This shard and i stumbled across so many different options of free shards. The only thing im looking for is a couple homies to run with from time to time, do the Doom dungeons, Champ spawns, etc. would love to friend you in game and hang from time to time.
Thanks again bro
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

losing phil and GOLD was such a huge blow to the server tbh... much more than any of the GM losses.

someone needs to start a new main pvm guild.

as for your question... that's kinda like walking into the apple store and asking where you can get a good pc :P

no-one here is going to point you toward a different server lol

there's a decent population still on demise, and it's just come under new management, so should be getting better soon as well.

there is however a bit of a void in guilds, especially pvm ones. if you ask me it's cos the forum got a bit elitist and stand-offish. people became kinda insular. the game is still there, but the community could do with some organization and general team building. people play kinda like piranha... in a group but not together. maybe there's too much that can be done alone... the rewards are better, but it's kinda missing the point.

im a bad person for this tbh, like i know the problem, but i've always been a bit of a solo player, so it's a bit hypocritical of me to point it out.