best place to farm gold as tamer

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: best place to farm gold as tamer

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:11 pm( Terort Skitas/Tower of Knowledge,)
I was actually going to say something about that, but I never can remember the real name so I call it valor dungeon.
Bama wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:11 pmSoon you will have a house with hundreds of million gold checks/cheques in boxes
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: June 6th, 2020, 3:20 pm
The main thing is that you have to be engaged. Don't just sit behind your pet healing it. You should be the main damage source and your pet mainly taking damage for you. Learn Slayers. Lore what you are fighting and find what their weakest element is.
see i do the opposite :P
you can get a decent damage dragon if you look for it to have those skills. it is slower, but you can get perfection on all your kills for 3000+ luck. but i use a hld + hla wep, and a 125 wrestle, 120 tactics, 700 str dragon. so they do die pretty fast. most people are using 80/80 900hp dragons, but they have not looked at the other stats, so they are like 500 str and 105 combat skills shit. they're just tanks, so of course you have to do the damage.

but he is asking about farming gold, so you are probably right about wanting to deal damage as well and speed up the kills... i have a second sdi instead of luck suit, that i plan to use for spawning with tamer, but you could use it for spell dps and mana regen when gold farming as well. so just make 2 suits, a gold farming one and a luck one, hunt different things depending on what you are aiming for :)

or try to work out most efficient thing. i would actually say balrons and you can grind honour and items at the same time. succubus aoe make them a pain in the ass. where is farmable without paragons.... hyloth?

imo they should increase the gold drop amount, because it's barely worth picking it up. also reduce the weight... just not on things which are afk farmed. that'd balance it.

or better still, create a non-afkable zone with higher gold dropping monsters.

unfortunately we cant have anything that is afk grindable, also be rewarding enough to be worth investing work. which makes it difficult.
basically, anything which can be done afk, has to be nerfed to the point that it is not worth doing attended...

(... which funnily enough... with people getting better at scripting... leaves very little to do for anyone that actually wants to play the game :/ )
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's why they need to make new content, it's not cos the old content is exhausted, it's been scripted... and the scripts have been distributed. you changed the game, and your new game has been completed :P

so you've no choice now really. you've made yourselves a treadmill. get running.

new content > new scripts > new content > new scripts > new content > new scripts....

this is your game now. but we can play the new content until it's scripted. just you will have to keep adding more. as soon as you stop it dies.

it's funny cos it's kinda *all* MB's fault lol

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Demise has kinda departed from UO when it introduced UO-Steam. it needs to become its own thing really.

if you want the Demise answer to your question, it's like wisps and dread spiders.. zero fun, but that's not really the point i guess...

le sigh.. server is becoming a hyper script orientated world.
script answer - anything weak that has no chance of killing you
player answer - anything with low hp and or resists, but high damage.

they need a new distribution package with like auto gold looter, auto heal, bod fillers, minerbot, lumberbot, samp bot, miasma bot, gauntlet bot, gater macro... what else?
pvp bots? idoc timer placer... cracked graphics on the client, would have to be togglable. skills training macros like for taming and craft skills. there's more no doubt.

but then people will actually be able to join and play at a level that is playable.

otherwise you give them like a month to either get them for themselves, or come to the conclusion they cant compete.

so you made this bed yourselves. if you dont want to fix the distribution package, or stop the scripting; then give us some new content that we can actually play for a bit, with gold or rewards that are actually worth grinding for. then once that's exhausted do it again.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

people used to do elder gazers in shame back in the day. was taking a guy around there the other night and saw the place, totally forgot about it.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorry for spamming, but honestly right, what you are asking is not a simple question.

what you really want to know is "how do i make gold on this server?"

and the answer is either:

a) get the scripts
or
b) do the things which cant be scripted

the problem is that it's getting increasingly more difficult to find things that cant be scripted.

i am saying they need to add more of those. ultimately, everything can be scripted if the scripter is good enough, so ultimately you will need to keep bringing out new content. or, change the nature of the game.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

BankSitting and write 'Donate' if you get luck meet DRUG calvin, you maybe even get ORNY, you aswell can meet MB and learn some his event like 1KKK house drops and make youself rich, maybe meet some ENDING player can give you all his items, here are so many posibility xD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i saw someone spamming for donations at the bank, put him together a 5kk suit, but he was gone by the time i got back :lol:

it did take a while to get the right jewels... maybe shoulda said something to him to wait but nvm. luck of the draw ;P

but MMartin is right, tbh farming gold directly as a player is currently probably the slowest way to make gold.

i've been farming dragons :)
people will pay a lot for a very good one.
but i dont even pick up the gold really.

got 650 brilliant amber from an idoc, coulda sold that for 10kk... burnt them instead ;P
got nothing again :<

like.. i dont think those Brilliant Amber jewels work right, i didn't get a single fc 2 jewel, it says they stack on the webpage.

but i have got dragon taming down to a fine art now :D
at least until they change the monster fleeing stuff i guess..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

gms need to remember tho, that you use how profitable activities are to control the players. so if you make boring things more profitable, that is what the players will do, and you will be making a boring game.

see that's in that GDC talk about albion, it is useful information.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"HumzieToday at 11:50 AM
Help undead spawn @ Humility"

there's your answer. champ spawns with other players. everyone loves a tamer :)
it's very easy to make a pure mage wither bomb with scrapper, shield, and pendant.
all you need after that is a 0/3 and some 20% lrc pieces.

these guys will love a tamer to hide behind. this is how guilds are born ;P

but seriously you can make an entire lrc sdi suit for around 2kk. someone will donate that. then you can just make money and improve it. i think champ spawns are gonna be the best bet now.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

First of all... what's in a name.. seems like you need to take a chill pill.. second of all.. according to the shard rules you can't not do anything that will get a player killed in pvm lands...yes it happens but your not supposed too. Believe me when I say.. this shard is all about who you know... Have had players lure on to me and tell me to just play... mainly from HZ and loop.. page gm's and wait for days... not a joke... days to get a response...sorry you don't like the truth but it is what it is... and when they do show up finally... there is nothing they can do about it unless they witness it... which i get but the response time is the real problem...So how do you plan to fix that since you seem to know everything that is demise... I suspect you have HZ and loop friends and don't want them to get caught is why you really took offense. sadly why have rules on a shard if they only pertain to those who don't play in the cliche guilds.

BTW it's not hard as a sampire to take 4 deamons and balron.... balrons are a joke unless they spawn paragon.. and even then they don't really compare to being OMG SO HARD TO KILL!!!!!
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm second of all.. according to the shard rules you can't not do anything that will get a player killed in pvm lands...yes it happens but your not supposed too.
actualy i was all this time thinking about this and it seems me BOLRON JUST ALL TIME BREAK RULES, i farm in peace and this balron just spawn on me, i dont know why GMS dont just JAIL HIM for players SAKE... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm First of all... what's in a name.. seems like you need to take a chill pill.. second of all.. according to the shard rules you can't not do anything that will get a player killed in pvm lands...yes it happens but your not supposed too. Believe me when I say.. this shard is all about who you know... Have had players lure on to me and tell me to just play... mainly from HZ and loop.. page gm's and wait for days... not a joke... days to get a response...sorry you don't like the truth but it is what it is... and when they do show up finally... there is nothing they can do about it unless they witness it... which i get but the response time is the real problem...So how do you plan to fix that since you seem to know everything that is demise... I suspect you have HZ and loop friends and don't want them to get caught is why you really took offense. sadly why have rules on a shard if they only pertain to those who don't play in the cliche guilds.

BTW it's not hard as a sampire to take 4 deamons and balron.... balrons are a joke unless they spawn paragon.. and even then they don't really compare to being OMG SO HARD TO KILL!!!!!
Shut the fuck up
I can kill what I want to kill when I want to kill it.
I don’t lure anything. I go find the fucking Balon and kill it. The ballon then spawns where it is suppose to spawn. That isn’t luring you fucking idiot. I am killing stuff

Excuse me staff is it ok if I kill this monster? If I do it will spawn in the proper place and someone who isn’t attended has a good chance of dying to it?

If the samphire can kill it why do they lure it away? Why do they constantly die to the Barron?
Ask yourself those questions a few times
It wouldn’t have anything to do with enemy of one would it?

Of course if you are attended you will handle what spawns there without problems but we are not talking about players that are attended are we? ( the answer is no we are not )
We are talking about those AFK sampires that piss you off so much that you constantly cry about it.

All I did was inform the OP that your location is wrong and again why would you send him to a place where that situation doesn’t exist
I also pointed out to you how to deal with AFKers in a perfectly fucking LEGAL way
Find the fucking Balon
Kill the fucking thing
Go back to the area
Watch the AFKer not handle the fucking thing.

Me hz? You really are a fucking idiot
Me Loop? Bahahahahaha
Yes I have friends in both guilds and that is why I told you how to deal with it.
Here go kill my friends.
Your logic is greatly flawed you idiot

The only “offense “ I took was reading the bullshit you posted.

Players of Demise I present to you the new

OPYWANG

Wear the crown well you earned it!

Next time have the stones to quote me or get your wife to do it for you

Back on topic
Farm resources
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

^^^^
Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm.
Just in case you missed it...

@bama
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: June 9th, 2020, 2:31 am ^^^^
Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm.
Just in case you missed it...

@bama
to be fair she is pretty foxy when she is younger