best place to farm gold as tamer

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: best place to farm gold as tamer

Post by The Silvertiger »

We get it you have justifications for letting Elementals run wild and play hide and seek. When I farmed Elementals not a single one killed another player or bot. Of course the most I ever got was 7 verites from one location, so maybe I'm not getting as many elementals per location as you.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm according to the shard rules you can't not do anything that will get a player killed in pvm lands...yes it happens but your not supposed too. Believe me when I say.. this shard is all about who you know
bots aren't players.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and that rule is intended for people afk and idle, like in their houses, or around luna but out of guard zone.
it's not meant to protect afk farmers.

there is a grey area with macroers, like people training skills (taming).

end of the day gm can use their own judgement.

i have said this before and i'll say it again:
in law there are three approaches a judge can take, the literal rule, the mischief rule, and the golden rule.

the literal rule uses the literal interpretation of the words, this is the one you want to use, and you would have a point on it.
(although can be defended by pointing out bots are not players)

but the mischief rule looks at what the law was intended for on it's creation, you would lose on this.

and the golden rule lets the judge use their own common sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_meaning_rule
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischief_rule
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rule_(law)
Last edited by Calvin on June 13th, 2020, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: June 13th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Excorsion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:58 pm according to the shard rules you can't not do anything that will get a player killed in pvm lands...yes it happens but your not supposed too. Believe me when I say.. this shard is all about who you know
bots aren't players.
just because it's your computer running the NPC's script commands, doesn't make it a player. you are literally doing exactly the same thing as an AI monster, just with different commands, and run from your PC, not from the server.
yeah it has to go through a user interface (although not even with UOS), but it's still an NPC. a NON-PLAYER character.

personally i think you lose on the literal rule because you're not players.
you'd lose on the mischief rule because it's not made for afk farmers.
and you'd lose on the golden rule, because you're breaking the afk gathering rule and she's trying to stop you.

if i were your lawyer i would tell you settle lol. for anything. cos you're gonna lose.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you want a funny example of how the literal rule breaks down... there was a case of a man exposing himself in public, but he was in a phone box, which is enclosed on 4 sides, which makes it not public.

they ended up measuring the distance of the gaps in the top and bottom of the phone booth to decide the outcome.

that's why the other options are there.
kobra

Post by kobra »

Prism of Light Monsters (Level 1)
- Crystal Daemon
- Crystal Hydra
- Crystal Lattice Seeker
- Crystal Sea Serpent
- Crystal Wisp
- Ice Snake
- Unfrozen Mummy
- Wisp
https://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/loca ... m_of_light
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

Bama wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:11 pm
Excorsion wrote: June 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Blood dungeon has a room with 4 deamon spawns... run a sampire and just go to town...run a target nearest enemy macro and then just sit in middle of roon and loot as stuff dies.. altho the place tends to be farmed by loop and HZ afker's ALOT. same with poisons in kirin passage. heavily afked by the same guilds.
Are you sure about this?
Are you really sure?
Wrong dungeon but lets not get hung up on names ( Terort Skitas/Tower of Knowledge,)

Why would you tell this player all of this wrong information?
It is 4 daemons and a Balron that spawn in that room
Why go on about " the place tends to be farmed by loop and HZ afker's ALOT. "
Go find the fucking Balron
Kill the fucking thing
Go back to that "room"
Screen shot the AFKer dying to the new fucking one

You are always posting shit but never doing anything about it

Here
Syn_2-23_08.59.jpg

Pretty
Syn_2-23_09.03.jpg

Fucking
Syn_2-23_09.03-1.jpg

Simple
Syn_2-23_09.03-2.jpg

Back on topic

100 Spell weaving
100 Mining
100 Magery
100 Hiding
60 Stealth until they get assed to fix it
Anything you wear needs MR and or LMC

Each Orc Brute
800+ gold
40 gold from the 10 iron ingots
1500+ gold from the shadow iron ingots you smelt
Smelt the ore as you go along

Farm resources
Collect resets

The following is a shard joke
Soon you will have a house with hundreds of million gold checks/cheques in boxes

3: Do not grief other players.

OOF

In Trammel ruleset facets this includes:

Luring monsters, pet releasing
Note: you will receive murder counts for this.
Blocking ghosts
Blocking off game play areas with items or boats, making them otherwise inaccessible
Vulgarity/Racism
Note: UO does offer a player speech filter.
Harassment
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

killing balrons is =/= to luring, the spots even better if you do the deamons and the balron
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

well, if you are on demons, how can someone luring barlon on you ? balron RIGHTING BELONG IN DEMON PLACE, dont be mistake, you hide mosters and Harassment all players who wanna kill balron, you breaking rules with luring barlor in other place, when others player put balron back, it just make put on RIGHTING PLACE

like i write before, if balron dont belong here they have JAIL BALRON FOR KILLING ALL OTHERS xD :beathorse:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dunno man, it kinda is griefing another player...
but you could argue that luring the balron off in the first place is griefing the person going there to kill them. :S

... but then only one of you is ultimately doing it *to* grief another player... like if motive is part of it...

should we schedule a court case? :P
i mean someone's gonna have to build a court first... :lol:
i'd totally volunteer for jury duty though ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

MMMartin wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:10 pm like i write before, if balron dont belong here they have JAIL BALRON FOR KILLING ALL OTHERS xD :beathorse:
ya cant just jail the balron as a scapegoat cos you dont think he belongs here.
Balron Lives Matter!
The Silvertiger

MMMartin wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:10 pm well, if you are on demons, how can someone luring barlon on you ? balron RIGHTING BELONG IN DEMON PLACE, dont be mistake, you hide mosters and Harassment all players who wanna kill balron, you breaking rules with luring barlor in other place, when others player put balron back, it just make put on RIGHTING PLACE

like i write before, if balron dont belong here they have JAIL BALRON FOR KILLING ALL OTHERS xD :beathorse:
It's not griefing to lure a monster to a place where no players are. It's griefing when you lure monsters to where players are in an attempt to kill them. If it was the way you said it, then taming cu's and releasing them in mushroom cave would be illegal. For that matter taming anything and releasing it anywhere would be illegal. Intent, while not stated does matter in evaluating criminal luring. One time it may be an accident, but multiple times it's either you want to kill the other player or get them to kill the mob for you, which if they don't desire to kill it is griefing.

What bama is doing is not technically griefing, but is definitely griefing. Whatever excuses she uses is whatever. Staff have allowed it, so apparently it's ok to grief afk characters.

Boring Don't Read:
My run in with the "boy":

I was testing a mining script for a friend and watching Netflix on the same monitor. All of a sudden, I see a character running across my screen, which is highly unusual in the mines. I'm then hit with an elemental [was it bronze?]. I try to see who it was, but apparently they hid or recalled. Thankfully, I have the ole journal. I killed the elemental using my fire beetle and some spells. Upon seeing it's one of the Bama characters, I msg'd Bama. She then informs me that it was the "boy". I remarked my runes and had no more problems while testing the script. It turned out my friend had marked his runes on a spot that he couldn't drop the ore behind him. Problem solved haven't logged character in since.

GL HF
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

taming moster and realease is ok, you know, taming = kill, moster respawn, but take moster off original place and hiding it is definitivne NONONO

even we know it is not good, players still hiding mosters, let say, one time was champs hiding in ships and make like all champs inactive, second time was lost yamadon and now balron is all time some other place xD,

so are you say it was ok with hiding champs ? it was definitivne not luring on other players, but all GM need fix this because it close destroy shard, they need make timer for rerest champs in some time if not killed, this is same example, it was completly harasment players who looking for champs
The Silvertiger

MMMartin wrote: June 21st, 2020, 8:09 am taming moster and realease is ok, you know, taming = kill, moster respawn, but take moster off original place and hiding it is definitivne NONONO

even we know it is not good, players still hiding mosters, let say, one time was champs hiding in ships and make like all champs inactive, second time was lost yamadon and now balron is all time some other place xD,

so are you say it was ok with hiding champs ? it was definitivne not luring on other players, but all GM need fix this because it close destroy shard, they need make timer for rerest champs in some time if not killed, this is same example, it was completly harasment players who looking for champs
Difference is champ spawn boss vs common Balron. Some locations it is impossible to hide Balron, so there is always a location to kill Balron. Really just making excuses for Bama. No one goes there to farm Balron. They go to blood or chaos most of the time. You are basically saying it is illegal to drag DF to corner bc it's not spawn location.
Selling List & Vendor

MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

i was see not one player farming balron with tamer and chainlighting them, but they are so much Harassment, so they stoped farm balron... it is pain looking balron on 30 places where balron dont even belong

like i say, we need chage and update rules or add new SUB RULES, we can all see it but cant do nothing beacuse rule dont make total point, they hide balron what is ruin other players, and if players kill or take it back, they make ruin others players, you know, moster have belong in place where is respawn point and if they are killed with corect moster, they need conting with it and run away or kill it