June Six on Saturday

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: June Six on Saturday

Post by The Silvertiger »

Will staff think about adding Blackthorne's Dungeon for the Transmog rewards and content? Obviously, you would have to balance what items the vendor sells for era balance. However, it could be interesting and would add more deco!
Last edited by The Silvertiger on June 14th, 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
tank likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Could you look at upgrading the server please? Currently the server save lasts 9.6 seconds and looks shit compared against Outlands server of 2.3 seconds.

Also it would improve connection problems and increase game play for the majority of people who don't live in the US as the current server seems to reside in the middle of the field in 'No-Wheresville'.
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

any chances u guys change faction timer when u died? theres 20 minutes cooldown every death
its better using war horses than cu sidhes or whatever else and any chance to nerf archers with this extreme damage + infinity mana leech?
Bad Religion and tank like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Centurion wrote: June 13th, 2020, 11:06 pm Could you look at upgrading the server please? Currently the server save lasts 9.6 seconds and looks shit compared against Outlands server of 2.3 seconds.

Also it would improve connection problems and increase game play for the majority of people who don't live in the US as the current server seems to reside in the middle of the field in 'No-Wheresville'.
I got this one staff....

Demise was 15 seconds ...

Outlands is about 10% the land mass of demise, prob 1-2% of the items, and I won’t even get into the other things that drive save times. I do think ping times for South America etc could be better. But you can’t expect demise to play great all over the world.

I think a better question is:

What is the possibility of a white listed VPN for non Americans to use?
Calvin and Bama like this.
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

- Have you guys Any in work progress "events" ?

- Is there any real posibility to remove the actual casting system ( By actual im Refering to Fel casting new system (Osi Like) ) , wich in my opinion, affected both PVP and PVE scene in a bad way ?
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

1. Could we have the area that exorcism works in increased to stop people abusing the ghost mechanics as they are using them as spies which cannot be removed or killed?

Maybe increasing it to work on ghosts after 20mins of body decay or anywhere within a dungeon once they body has decayed?

2. When and what are you looking to do to combat the multi clienting / multi boxing in PvP / Champ Spawns by certain guilds?
Just to clarify so the GM's understand that certain guilds who even have their sampire scripts containing other guilds tags so that their sampires attack other guilds players while they use their reds at the same time (Fighting 1 person who is uses 2+ accounts - And im not talking about the reveal bots).

Maybe looking at OUTLANDS example of rules -

QUOTE - 'Staff have the discretion to investigate behavior that they deem suspicious. Players shall cooperate with all staff requests and assist in their investigation as asked. Failure to provide requested information and/or attempts to subvert staff investigations may be assumed as an admission of guilt and result in disciplinary action'.
Bad Religion likes this.
Asteria
Demise Staff Member

Post by Asteria »

Question 1: Are there any plans to rectify the unplayable ping issues as well as connectivity issues for many foreign players caused by the host migration?

We understand the frustration experienced by players who’s ping has increased since the server move. We have looked into this and see that some routes to the server are not as good as they could be. We were hoping that this was caused by increased internet traffic in general due to the current lockdown restrictions affecting many countries and would settle down in the future.
We are considering setting up a proxy server for Europe but we will need to look into things before we can give you a definitive answer as the best approach. No matter where we host the server it will always be better for some than for others.

Question 2: Can we start looking into making some niche QoL changes that are requested?

We don’t mind the principle of adding post-ML content for QoL purposes. Anything we consider will have to be looked at on a case by case basis. Although, our primary focus remains completing ML and fixing bugs.

Question 3: Is there a roadmap to continually add smallish features to the game, e.g. the Strange Contraption, Honesty Virtue and such? And would community contributions to this be thinkable, like adding code to a repo to speed things up?

We do keep a list of features, mostly missing ML features, we plan to fully implement eventually. One of these features is the strange contraption, which is already mostly done behind the scenes. Other examples include: monster stealables, missing ML quests (Cloak of Humility), a permanent Clean Up Britannia.
Community contributions are always welcome, though we’d much rather see help in the form of validation of mechanics and research rather than code submissions. The validation and verification is usually the most time consuming.

Question 4: Any intention of bringing the Glacial Cu's [Hue 1152] back into the taming system?

We are not planning to bring back the (incorrectly added) 1152 hue to normal Cu Sidhes spawning in the wild. We are, however, considering using this hue again in a limited fashion for future events.

Question 5: Will we ever see these two game changing pvp artifacts any time other than Halloweentown, or perhaps as a replacement or addition for some Felluca artifact drops, particularly the Harrower to help encourage objective based pvp as they were intended?

We do intend to keep the “game changing PvP artifacts” dropping as event items (as they were on OSI), though we have talked about other events to include them in. One such event we’re considering is a bi-monthly or otherwise periodic “special” Harrower with added incentive. We will keep you informed through Discord announcements and the Shard Events forum section!

Question 6: What are the different staff members' favorite artists? I'm going to go out on a limb and say rolling stones for Selene.

Selene: I don’t really have a favorite artist, it really does depend on my mood :)
I suppose I could give you a few that I listen to ALOT, so Green Day, Fall Out
Boy, Ed Sheeran, Guns N Roses, Queen, The Prodigy, Eminem and also any songs from my favorite Musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Forseti: Billy Joel, Hanson, Journey, Queen, Counting Crows, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Outkast, Coldplay, Beyonce, Foo Fighters, ABBA and alot more. Also Chicago is the best musical, don’t listen to Selene’s advice.

Eos: My favorite for a while has been Pink Floyd, though I do enjoy a wide variety of genres and artists just as well! Things like Madonna, Paramore, Kim Petras, PVRIS, Marina and the Diamonds come to mind.

Larson: So hard to pick just one. I like most music but high on my list would be Pink Floyd, Tim Minchin and Ludovico Einaudi. Although recent things I have been listening to include Billie Eilish, Jess Glynne and the music from The Greatest Showman.

Asteria: Five Finger, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, and whatever is catchy on the radio

Tetra: Billy Joel, Phil Collins, John Denver, Elton John & Lin-Manuel Miranda.