Interesting changes EOS

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Interesting changes EOS

Post by Calvin »

atomic chicken wrote: September 4th, 2020, 12:27 am
Calvin wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm
atomic chicken wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:02 am
Imagine comparing eos to god. Looooool
in the context of the game, they literally are.
Nah they really aren’t LOL
what is a god to you?

cos like, they can do anything they want and break the rules of the world. they are supposed to know everything or find everything out from logs etc. they literally make the world...?

the games master, or dungeon master is always the god of their world. you are playing their game, their world.
what is life but us playing god's game? ;)

the difference is just scale :P
that and you know these gods exist :)
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Calvin wrote: September 4th, 2020, 4:29 am
atomic chicken wrote: September 4th, 2020, 12:27 am
Calvin wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm

in the context of the game, they literally are.
Nah they really aren’t LOL
what is a god to you?

cos like, they can do anything they want and break the rules of the world. they are supposed to know everything or find everything out from logs etc. they literally make the world...?

the games master, or dungeon master is always the god of their world. you are playing their game, their world.
what is life but us playing god's game? ;)

the difference is just scale :P
that and you know these gods exist :)
Nah
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hubris
/ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence.

Similar:
arrogance
conceit
haughtiness
pride
vanity

Opposite:
modesty

(in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

nemesis
/ˈnɛmɪsɪs/
noun

the inescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.

Similar:
arch-enemy
arch-rival
foe
adversary
opponent
combatant
challenger

a downfall caused by an inescapable agent.
"one risks nemesis by uttering such words"

Similar:
downfall
undoing
ruin
ruination

so given we have literal in game gods. do you think its a good idea to piss them off? ;)
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Calvin wrote: September 10th, 2020, 3:06 pm hubris
/ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence.

Similar:
arrogance
conceit
haughtiness
pride
vanity

Opposite:
modesty

(in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

nemesis
/ˈnɛmɪsɪs/
noun

the inescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.

Similar:
arch-enemy
arch-rival
foe
adversary
opponent
combatant
challenger

a downfall caused by an inescapable agent.

Similar:
downfall
undoing
ruin
ruination

so given we have literal in game gods. do you think its a good idea to piss them off? ;)
Yes, I think it’s a good idea. They actually start doing shit when people flame them. I’ll get banned so eos fixes the server or hires new coders to fix the server. I’ll be the server’s martyr. I’ll be your Prometheus.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i appreciate the sentiment.. but your theory is misguided, and your metaphor incorrect.

whoever made UOSteam would be prometheus.. for stealing that power from the gods. and bringing pandora..

but you did kinda prove my point about hubris ;P
Calvin wrote: September 10th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Cataclysm
Further information: The Silmarillion
The Downfall of Númenor and the Changing of the World.

Prompted by Sauron and fearing old age and death, Ar-Pharazôn built a great armada and sailed into the West to make war upon the Valar, intending to seize the Undying Lands and achieve immortality. Sauron remained behind. Ar-Pharazôn landed on the shores of Aman. As the Valar were forbidden to take direct action against Men, Manwë, chief of the Valar, called upon Eru Ilúvatar, the One God. In response, Eru caused the Changing of the World: the hitherto flat Earth was transformed into a globe, Númenor sank beneath the ocean,[T 3][6] and the Undying Lands were removed from the Earth forever. The whole population on the island was drowned. Most of Ar-Pharazôn's armada, too, met their doom in the cataclysm. This was the second fall of Men, the first being when Men first awoke and fell swiftly under the dominion of Melkor.[T 3]

you're not prometheus bro, you're Ar-Pharazôn.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I think he needs to get banned again. Go go go!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Calvin wrote: September 10th, 2020, 10:24 pm i appreciate the sentiment.. but your theory is misguided, and your metaphor incorrect.

whoever made UOSteam would be prometheus.. for stealing that power from the gods. and bringing pandora..

but you did kinda prove my point about hubris ;P
Calvin wrote: September 10th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Cataclysm
Further information: The Silmarillion
The Downfall of Númenor and the Changing of the World.

Prompted by Sauron and fearing old age and death, Ar-Pharazôn built a great armada and sailed into the West to make war upon the Valar, intending to seize the Undying Lands and achieve immortality. Sauron remained behind. Ar-Pharazôn landed on the shores of Aman. As the Valar were forbidden to take direct action against Men, Manwë, chief of the Valar, called upon Eru Ilúvatar, the One God. In response, Eru caused the Changing of the World: the hitherto flat Earth was transformed into a globe, Númenor sank beneath the ocean,[T 3][6] and the Undying Lands were removed from the Earth forever. The whole population on the island was drowned. Most of Ar-Pharazôn's armada, too, met their doom in the cataclysm. This was the second fall of Men, the first being when Men first awoke and fell swiftly under the dominion of Melkor.[T 3]

you're not prometheus bro, you're Ar-Pharazôn.
Osi casting is the fire that helps the world. Steam is more like pandora's box, 1 good thing (macroing chars easily) with a 1000 bad things.

Not sure how your metaphor tracks better than mine.

And silvertiger, that's rude.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

You're right I shouldn't be mean to staff. They're busy.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

<3