Rule changes July 2021

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Larson
Demise Administrator

Rule changes July 2021

Post by Larson »

The staff team have discovered there are grey areas within our rules that either needed tweaking or clarification to avoid further confusion. We have spoken at length about how to add that clarification, what changes we can reasonably make and the effects that they may have. I’m sure there still will be some things which you feel are a little vague, but if in doubt don’t do it! We have also changed the look, hopefully making them much easier to navigate and understand.

The new rules are applicable as of now.
New Shard Rules

A summary of the changes have been listed below:
  • Easier to navigate expandable sections.
  • More examples of certain violations in various sections.
  • Many changes to the client section.
  • Information will now be considered a resource and gathering rules apply.
  • Using a staff name past or present, on anything, is no longer acceptable. (We will be changing existing names in due course)

I’m sure none of this will cause any concern for you as you are following the rules anyway, and all these changes do is to help further enforce the spirit of our rules and fair gameplay.

Thank you for your support and understanding.
Larson
UOGDemise - Admin

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Calvin

Re: Rule changes July 2021

Post by Calvin »

it's a bit garish with the million drop downs, like bags within bags on vendors :P
but makes sense when you read it properly.
Last edited by Calvin on July 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

Players notice every time about scam on discord channels.....Any updates on rules to avoid this?
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Larson wrote: July 10th, 2021, 12:27 am [*] Information will now be considered a resource and gathering rules apply.
I don't like this. Preatty much all I do in game will now be monitored.

Additionally you gave the examples of "artefact spawns", and IDOCs... where is watching champion-spawns with a bot ??
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
DG

Post by DG »

Good to see morden clients such as Cuo are legal to use.

In my humble opinion,maybe multi clients rules should be tweaked a bit. it should be limited to actions which give an advantage in combat,such as running extra clients to detect hidden in spawns,multi clients to kill the same boss,etc.

Things like multi clients to kill different mobs in different areas should be allowed. It gives no advantage in combat,just speeds up resource gathering. It is essentially not different from multi clients macroing hw runics. Both of them are already subject to afk resource gathering rules.

And I always think it's better to let ppl macro killing mobs than macro hw runics. Make the shard look more active and give more possibilities to player interactions.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Houses should not block passage on any side, other than a 1 tile impediment. This includes any outward opening doors. <3 :D

--
No unattended gathering.
- Would add Getting info of incoming RAID / RED in front of the dungeons with ghosts / hiden chars.

--
Nice update ! :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
disco stu

Post by disco stu »

I'm glad to see these rules posted and enforced. It will be nice to see Heartwood cleaned up ;-)
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

DG is happy he can cheat more with his cheater client more. rules are bogus unless there enforced. ive watch so many bots afkers at this event paged gone back same bots there next day all day all night the mr changes are bs whats next imbuing gargoyle shit demise staff doesnt care about the old players here that speant years getting stuff legal. only the crybabys on discord that have vpns and multiple clients why the changes now after 16 years of watching hz and loop cheat and as for the osi kids demise was never osi and still isnt so enough of this osi bulshit. do these rules apply to staff because we all know in the past that wasnt so do you apply these rule to your friends aswell i think not.we shall see
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

Mr Nobody wrote: July 10th, 2021, 12:13 pm DG is happy he can cheat more with his cheater client . rules are bogus unless there enforced. ive watch so many bots afkers at this event paged gone back same bots there next day all day all night the mr changes are bs whats next imbuing gargoyle shit demise staff doesnt care about the old players here that speant years getting stuff legal. only the crybabys on discord that have vpns and multiple clients why the changes now after 16 years of watching hz and loop cheat and as for the osi kids demise was never osi and still isnt so enough of this osi bulshit. do these rules apply to staff because we all know in the past that wasnt so do you apply these rule to your friends aswell i think not.we shall see
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorry, drinking last night lol.

so can someone just say what the big changes are?
like a sort of patch notes style summary?

im looking through it now..
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

dont matter im quiting
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Mr Nobody wrote: July 10th, 2021, 12:55 pm dont matter im quiting
why?

doesn't seem like they changed much, just made it clearer.

the afk stuff is a lil scary.. cant sit a character at a spawn and go make a coffee now? hmm.. give us like a 5 min timer to check or something?

not allowed to afk gather bods or quest rewards - heartwood farm illegal now?? god i hope so lol.

im gonna have to sit my tamer at samurai dojo but like invis his dragon in macro as well while im farming the spawn, just move him out to kill once i stop playing spawn... yeah, suppose that's fine, they dont make much on the tots idling somewhere anyway - i've not done it afk, just like this:

so this illegal now.. but tbh it's fair, cos i am taking up spawns that others could be farming properly

.. i mean they barely even class as in combat really.. they're not running any macros... just things attack my dragon and it kills them :P
and things attack my warrior and he kills them ;P

like, i dunno, would i get jailed for this?

... i think probably. tbh.
Last edited by Calvin on July 10th, 2021, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

calvin 3 clients farming has allways been illegal so you admit you cheat your part of the problem. you should be banned for those pictures you posted cheating but you wont get any punishment
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well most of the time it's just waiting for a spawn - like at halloween, i dont farm monsters with it. this is the first time doing that and i've not done it afk. but yeah maybe.

well that's fine i'll stop doing it. still think it's fine on the waiting for bosses side of things.

or wait is it? does that count as the information gathering side of things... hmm

that afk information gathering part is sketchy.. but then it's not afk, so yeah fair enough. and not in combat at the same time, so yeah fair enough. okay fair enough. tbh i did think it was a bit not cool when i was doing it, and i did see some people run past looking for empty spawns, but possibly they were looking for somewhere to do the same thing.

honestly tho, those 2 clients were pulling in like 1 tot every 2 hours, it's nothing to complain about really. the aoe mage at spawn you can get like 4-5 an hour if you're lucky! just need enough people at the spawn to keep it running.

can i not argue that im simply standing in a convenient position? :P
cos that cant be illegal can it? ;)

but yeah i'll stop doing it, i'll leave the tamer there but around the corner out of combat until i leave the spawn with mage for a break