Community Event (PRE) [10/26-11/11]

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Will-twins

Re: Community Event (PRE) [10/26-11/11]

Post by Will-twins »

Add delay to cure pots/heal pots/stam pots/mortal/explo pots
And booster x90% loots mobs. 🍻😉
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

PvP:
Since mr got fixed. Now mana leech will follow based on enemy mana and not by enemy life.
Drink and throw pots will have based on OSI delay between actions, 1000ms. (drink potions will be more based on players skills and not controled buy auto pots macro)
Deadly poison will no logger 100% success removed by drinking greater cure potions.
HLD and HLA will no more be affect by overcap dci and hci
Detect hidding need to be enhanced, GM skilled is almost impossible to detect someone hidding. Its more usefull to revell a hidding player with spell reveal instead lost one skill to detect
Theres no more overcap on Resists(ex: fire when you recive corpse skin)
Shard will implement new pet training system, everyone can mount untrained pet, untrained pet will be like every pet (max 200hp) and will use just one pet slot. (if u wanna ride a fire cu sidhe on pvp, ok u can use..but a untrained one)
Chars with taming and lore will be able to train there pets based on new pet training system. ( able to training skills and get special ability on pets)

PvM/Economy:
** trades now are OSI-LIKE and you can trade all gold are linked in your account.
Money now are linked by account . Most of my recent trades was more than 100kk, this old trade system based on checks justing causing confusion and be a open sea to scammers
Clean up Britain is now always on (just trade itens that will not interfere on pvp, most items need to be base lcr set, deco and some cosmetic items)

Monthly Events:
Most events need to be formulated based on be played and not based on random drops to prevent bots ( hunting legions event is a good exemple for good one or treasure hunting)

Luck system
Luck system need to be reformulated to maximized luck be essential ( Currently I don't see much difference in loot quality based on luck )
Whenever I use the luck statue buster, I dont see so difference. With this, all farm will be motivated to use high luck, and will be hard farm strong mobs with high luck set alone
Maybe new jewl/armor/weapon drop need to be able with 6 props and low durability so player need to always farm mobs instead use lumber and miner bots 24/7. This will encourage more and more players to do pvm
New luck items can be add on mounthly events, like luck quiver, luck half apron, luck sandals, luck earrings and luck sash to provide players to get 3000+ luck.

BugFix:
Craft now longer has nerfed, but 6 prop items u just can get farming strong mobs with high luck.
lixto7

Post by lixto7 »

I jus want New Pets or Monsters for Tame
Strongers then Greater Dragon
Will-twins likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

pvp/pvm battleground. 10v10. battlegrounds reward points vendor with things like reusable enchanted apples on a cooldown, reward titles, special mount.

not really decided what happens at each point, but something :P
it would need a lot more detail to become a reality, things like res points with single team access.
i got lazy with the trees too, but you get the idea.

umm lets see..

enable UBWS for archery, but remove property from bows :P

New Narrative storyline - Asteroid is headed toward Sosaria and will hit in 1 year!
Mages and astronomers have determined the asteroid contains Blackrock, and is having a strange effect on the local monsters.
The mages require research marerial from these monsters, in hopes of opening a gate to the incoming asteroid, and discovering it's secrets before it's too late. ;)

i'll finish that map if people want me to.. skyskraper should be a volcano tho.. but there is no volcano in the sprites.. so.. just imagine a volcano..
Leo_Argentina

Post by Leo_Argentina »

The answer is simple. Reverse the terrible changes they made in recent times. Demise was fun to many players due to her arcade or old cast. Anyone who wants to play a server with Osi rules can look for another.
Simple and concrete, there really is not much more to continue looking for, each change they make breaks something new ...

With love and affection.
Off Mode.-

End
Cunnana likes this.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Make {Red}vs[BLCK} great again :popcorn:
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Might as well give it a shot....

Updates to be scaled into the server in 2022.

Please note - before scaling in any new content/mechanic, Demise Test Center will be wiped and replicated from the most recent main server save + any additional testing mechanic added (test center will be wiped at least every 30 days). There will be pvp/pvm events added specifically to test the mechanics for feedback - attendees have chances to earn event points or special hued clothing as a thank you from staff.

GM Juan will be contracted as a Demise Test Center GM to moderate and consolidate feedback for main server implementation notes.

**Proposed changes slated to be tested and, if successful, implemented on the main Demise server in 2022.

1) Stygian Dungeon has been added to the map (all ML mechanics will remain) as the new "Demise Legacy Dungeon" where pre 2020 casting will be in play dungeon wide. Dungeon attributes include:
- Moonstones can be farmed through T-Map's. When planted in Tram/Fel they will open a
gate to the dungeon entrance area.
- Players are required to be in factions to enter.
- 2 random champs are spawned in the dungeon.
- 4 random (custom) bosses spawn from themed quest completion
- All Bosses (champ included) drop minor minax artifacts that can be turned in for true Minax Artifacts which are replicas of the current replica/artifact drops but will offer different item types (example - Garb can be turned into Dress/Shroud/Epaulets/etc.)
- Faction stat loss has been reduced to 7 minutes. Stat loss removal gems are added as reward drops from pvm (any mobs killed inside the Demise Legacy Dungeon can drop these gems - similar to ltot system).
- Stat Loss Removal cool down is 1x every 45 minutes.

2) Khaldun is now a no-insurance dungeon that has the following features:
- 2600 luck automatically applied to all players inside dungeon upon entry.
- All mob loot packs are doubled and positively scaled in terms of mod chance/intensity.
- Randomly spawned treasure chests will have scaled loot packs from ultra rich to superboss.
- Evil mages will drop only the following items:
- Rings
- Bracelets
- Wands
- Talismans
- 1 randomly spawned (1-14 day intervals) dungeon boss will have a chance to drop random 2-mod earrings. **Please note, the dungeon boss will require a large team to defeat**
- The Demise Steed has been added as a monthly spawned custom 2-slot tamable which has a reworked combination of firesteed and unicorn attributes.

Server Wide Update:
- Successfully curing DP/LP with potions is scaled with cumulative alchemy skill/enhancing
potions.
- CUB is permanent with minor reward adjustment every 90 days.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i vote dont change anything cos everyone is pulling in different directions :lol:

we kinda have a balance i guess
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Frasier likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:00 pm In a perfect scenario
Well Anthony

Personally I don't think you got the answer(s) you wanted ( just my opinion )

I don't know who won but if the winning reply was not...........
Frasier wrote: November 10th, 2021, 6:35 pm Make {Red}vs[BLCK} great again
..........then the wrong person won.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

Anthony File wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:00 pm In a perfect scenario where you had a strong enough and dedicated developer and staff team funded through community donations and voluntary support, what direction would you take this shard?

Anyone who constructively creates their own "News Announcement - Update" post that they would like to see introduced to the game from now until 11/11/21 is eligible to win a very special and expensive scimitar that I hold dearly and all you have to do is have the most likes and support from unique individuals from our community.

Many of us long time players have lost a reason and incentive to play for a number of many different reasons but we're not going to discuss any of that right now, I encourage anyone who participates to have a positive mindset and I hope to see many great ideas from this.

CEReward.png
*I also know VPN's run rampant but let's not go that route, worst case I just pick my personal favorite post.*

U did a event like Demise does.

I thought you would randomly select among everyone who contributed with possible updates. If I knew it was to the one who get the most votes I would have written some crap and asked the entire guild to vote for me. This proves to Demise's staff that it's not simple to make an event and even whoever criticizes and encourages this type of thing is also screwed up.
Anthony File likes this.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Oh the most important thing demise have to do is to Remove night sight!!! Cant believe no one ask for it.
Frasier likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

https://uo.wzk.cz/centred-plus/

hmm.. do devs use anything like this?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

would be pretty easy to make with a level editor is all im sayin...

it's like a race really.

wouldn't need to GM it, just reset it all when a game starts. give like 100 battleground points to the winning team, make vendor that sells existing items for battleground points.

cos you know how many players will be on each team you can actually balance the bosses and stuff.

personally im thinkin 10 a side, you basically split up into 2 groups of 5, a pvp group an a pvm group. the pvm group goes forward to hit the objectives, and the pvp group goes back door to fight over the debuff and hopefully push the enemy back to the point they can agro and disrupt the pvm - while their side cracks on. then the pvm groups have to fight in the arena :D

then as soon as you hit objective 4, you will want your pvp group on the boats with you, so winning team will pull them back - losing team can catch up when the pressure goes.

then some boat fighting, blocking, etc. then final objective.. which not decided on yet.

or you could just take all 10 people backdoor and try to steam roll the other team's side lol

i'd just have monsters spawning all over the place as well.

>note: this kinda thing is what games scripting is actually for. (like you are supposed to automate the game environment, not the players. the entire map, from the sign up and teleport to start location, to the resetting of the map, to the triggering of each barrier being released, to the distribution of rewards at the end - should be run on predefined scripts, and should not need a GM at any point. all it would need is a 20 person signed up trigger to start it all. you might want GMs around to police things like afk players tho. maybe a fill system for players that leave or are kicked)

or do it on the party system maybe? how many is a full party these days?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

no? :/

but why?