Community Event (PRE) [10/26-11/11]

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Anthony File

Community Event (PRE) [10/26-11/11]

Post by Anthony File »

In a perfect scenario where you had a strong enough and dedicated developer and staff team funded through community donations and voluntary support, what direction would you take this shard?

Anyone who constructively creates their own "News Announcement - Update" post that they would like to see introduced to the game from now until 11/11/21 is eligible to win a very special and expensive scimitar that I hold dearly and all you have to do is have the most likes and support from unique individuals from our community.

Many of us long time players have lost a reason and incentive to play for a number of many different reasons but we're not going to discuss any of that right now, I encourage anyone who participates to have a positive mindset and I hope to see many great ideas from this.
CEReward.png
CEReward.png (102.96 KiB) Viewed 18251 times
*I also know VPN's run rampant but let's not go that route, worst case I just pick my personal favorite post.*
Frasier and G b r L like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Community Event (PRE) [10/26-11/11]

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:00 pm
Games, changes and fears
When will they go from here
When will they stop?
I believe that fate has brought us here
And we should be together babe
But we're not
I play it off, but I'm dreaming of you
And I'll keep my cool, but I'm fiendin'

I try to say goodbye and I choke
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not near
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Frasier and Anthony File like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im gonna leave others to comment on this, cos i dont wanna hijack and monopolise it..

but... jus' sayin.... it wouldn't be impossible to do a series of events with an antagonist.

i dont think you need to add a lot of new things, to make new things, from the existing things..
the trick is to be narratively creative with it.. like.. you can put an open champ spawn, that is a functional thing. but it's a step beyond that to then say "oh, it's blackthorn trying to open a gate" or something. then that lets you throw in other monsters and stuff cos it's a weird champ spawn.

get what i mean? the narrative layer is very badly neglected.. there's a reason the monsters and the characters have graphics, and aren't just numbers and representative symbols..
Anthony File likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

^ lol if anyone is wondering, i think they banned the vpn cheatners
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Come to the Halloween grounds Cal, I'm there right now sitting afk lol.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Teepolizer2 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:48 am I'm there right now sitting afk lol.
but why? ^_^
G b r L

Post by G b r L »

I have a few things I would like to see implemented here at Demise.

PvP:
  • Now mana leech obeys the following formula: Mana Restored= 0 to Damage Dealt * Mana Leech Intensity % *40%
  • When you poison an enemy, its healing chance will no longer be 100% when using GCure Pot
**Edit points and rank(Farming rank in faction is considered abuse and will cause banishment).
  • Now if your Animal Taming skill is lower than necessary to tame the creature, you will not be able to mount it.
  • Now the explo potions will have a cooldown(1sec its enough ).
  • Artifacts [Replicas] will wear out with greater speed.
  • Theres no more overcap on DCI and HCI
  • Theres no more overcap on Resists(ex: fire when you recive corpse skin)

PvM/Economy:
  • Now when you reach a billion gold, your gold will turn to one platinum coin .

** trades now are OSI-LIKE and you can trade all gold are linked in your account.
  • Money now are linked by account .
  • Clean up Britain is now always on (you cant choose Quiver Of Infinity) .

New Anual Events:
  • New DS Collor Event to sync gold .
  • Quiver of infinity choose with CUB points .

BugFix:
  • Craft now longer has nerfed(priority to useless props) .

Anti-Macro:
  • - would implement a random "anti-macro" way. In order to avoid AFK farmer (resource, runics, bods, IDOCs, farmers).
Last edited by G b r L on November 5th, 2021, 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

Hello guys, sorry for my english at the first time, i would like to explain all my ideas on the better possible way.

I know some of this ideas needs lot of work behind and active GMs, maybe some of them are not worth to make, but here we go.

First of all, i suggest a new application GM form, i know its hard but i think we need neutral and experienced people with some knowledge about coding, marketing or social habilities to help " behind the game "

following ideas:

2 HOUSES PER ACCOUNT - > why? i think there is a superpoblation houses on demise, everyone who owns a VPN makes another house to hold all his trash or whatever, so maybe with this, we can avoid to have lot of empty spots / house placements full of trash.

IMPLEMENT GRAVEDIGGER SYSTEM > since the first year i got " gravedigger shovel " as a htown drop i started to look into that on uoguide, and it looks like very very interesting shit, making it permanent https://uoex.net/wiki/Gravedigging ( i must say 27 phisical on robe and 15 hci on sash are to broken, i would cap them at 5 phisical resist and 5 hci on sash )

AUTOMATIZED EVENTS -> every day or once a week at the same hour, automatized team events where you can get event points, gold or special price for the winner team

SOLES OF PROVIDENCE -> https://www.uoguide.com/Soles_of_Providence ( implement this as a new drop, i think is an item wich not is broken and unbalance the server )

REVERT OSI CASTING -> oh shit, here we go again, me, as a warrior / archer main, i preffer this casting of course, but is not hard to see that when casting changed, most of best mages on shard stopped to play, i think is not worth lose that ammount of good players just for this, so please, get it back

FIX POISONING -> i have been waiting for a poisoning upgrade many years, please, make fencers playable again, also many of ninja teamplates or duelist poisoning mague teamplates that we cant see cause poisoning is to weak on demise

GET HCI SHIELDS BACK -> make them craftable for 1 week again, at the beggining on 2022 for example

PERIODIC AFK CHECKS EVERY 6-7 H FOR RESOURCE FARMING -> obviously tip, we have many bots for everything

HIGHER BANK CHECKS -> make new system where you can make 10kk bank checks, i think that will make trades easyers because demise market is over - inflated

TRIALS OF TREASURE-> jez, that was an amazing event, i didnt remember to be as much focused opening treasures to get darksides, make it possible once a year.

GOLD SINK-> every 2 years with special rewards, not only darksides, im talking about lottery items, you can buy tickets from a stone to chance to get trinket, another stone to get darksides, another stone with tickes to get quiver... or whatever, gms will decide wich items could be good to put on it.

PVP TOURNAMENT ONCE A MONTH -> obviously, no? improve duels on demise giving event points, conmemorative statuettes, or whatever.

MAKE ILSHENAR DUNGEONS PLAYABLE -> implementing ustom mobs wich drops event points or random runics with +1 use

INCENTIVATE COMUNITY PLAYERS TO MAKE COMUNITY EVENTS -> hunting, tournaments, lotto...

DELAY ON EXPLO POTS - 1 SECOND - ok, thats problematic, i just noticed all pvp is moving arround explosion pots, imo, is not balanced, so 1 seg delay between explo pots could fix that

IMPROVE our website and give some publicity at UO FORUMS / tops with a votation system.

i really hope most of you can be in the same vibres as me with this topic, thanks for read.

make demise great again
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
denizsperafico

Post by denizsperafico »

hello guys im Joey from .dps

1-more one or 2 devs recruits (my vote for Reetus or astra or dots or dust or both)

2-4 accounts = 2 houses max #anthony already explain with all words about this topic...

3-(pvm), new region(map) with new mobiles and itens to players do something diferent.

3.1 = about this in a general context where players are a little sick and some even switching shards, I would like to explain here what can be done, make it valid + 1 peerless of your choice, I can suggest Cora, the map does not need to be a giant region, as long as it has a fell region (with 1 type of item, in which to get them the player is forced to go to that region in this facet)... without any tramel map, the less things in tramel the better this new mechanic would work favoring players who REALLY are online.

4- little events in 15/15 days to pvmers... aleatory champion spawns, puzzles, new stealables ....
4.1- events I'm referring to are mini events, such as an invasion of goblins or other monsters of your choice, such as a champ and a boss, with a drop of some cool item, in a specific region the drop can be an item from luck, in another it can be with hci, in another with di, in another with ssi, even a cool puzzle, in one region it can be a drop different from another, in the matter of stealables, the same thing or even join the puzzle to be able to enter the room where the stealable will be... detail: with a miniboss you also dies and you will be teleported and the whole puzzle is canceled...

About a BIG FARM rentable doom = turn the mosnters a kill machines, up skills, and make a possible to turn this a hard.

cast need to be more slow on the mages in tramm facet and events with this rules... to balance dmg against other builds

pots... 1 pot of cure nowadays cure all type of poison... so please guys fix that and balance noxers...

make possible other builds to combat pvp like animal taming build, like camping build, like noxers builds and variables ....

delete all shields with hci and rings 6 mods, and add new itens to shard.... like tangle, dress of fortune,

afk farming is a big problem of server in my point... server are slow... so ... delete tramel hw if is necessary... this will bring some incredible gameplay mechanics in heartwood felluca... imagine a scenario where players will make a macro to attack the reds and criminals, where the reds' intelligence has to overcome it... this is really exciting... (WITHOUT GUARD LINES)

question of gold in server is simple with events ds to make gold valueable again.... and u can update gold like servuo... this feature is fucking nice and optimized....

cub always active prevents overcrowding of items on the server(if u want add more diferent quivers, with luck, or hci... sashs with the same )

GUILDS PVP TOURNAMENT 1 per MONTH - is a good idea (any guild need pay X to enter in event) and the winer take the pot.... dont need to be arena, if u make a special map is more cool

Activate Champion Spawn of Khaldun WE NEED THIS

about bugs in craft is visible when u craft things with hammer + 30 hammer +60 skill and without hammer... otherside all craft is fuckng nerfed, so ....

one platform to players sell your itens by cash... and shard get percentage

more seers and conceulors to check bad acts of players... intolerance to racism and bots... this part is very interesting, and YES this is a charge to the corrupt work of some and the lack of work of others

thank u guys see yaaa
Last edited by denizsperafico on November 10th, 2021, 3:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

I have only one thing, but maybe this is one with a high level of impact.

Main Issue: stasis.
Cause: the Lords Of The Code are more or less off reach, the Boots-on-the-ground are limited to player sanctions. The potentials of the game are not fully used as they are not active, or are not configured properly.
Solution: install game managers who can start and stop stuff, change things and run mini events.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Weyden, flex and Frasier like this.
astraroth

Post by astraroth »

General Announcement:
- We think that vpns are not a problem as we have a poor quality server with bad routes.
With this in mind, we are looking to migrate our entire environment to AWS, so we can configure the routes
inside aws for each player to have the best connection.

- We are looking for new developers to implement improvements in events.
We created an item sales session, with payment management, we charge a small commission for these
transactions, so that we can maintain our server.

- We will redesign the entire design of Demise's environment, as we have some competitors, with a
game layout much more attractive than ours. We did some searching, and we felt the game gets more
thin to look at, leaving the player experience a bit. But remembering not to stray too far from the classic way.

PVP
- Revert the cast to the old form.
- We implement the faction artifacts.
- We reversed the mana adjustment.
- Create weekly 1vs1 and 2vs2 pvp events
- Raised radis in dungeons, like what we have at htown, could be harry 1x a week in random dungeons.
- During the server war, each player who is pvp, and beats an opponent, earns points, which can be exchanged
by titles, which are present some small emblems that will appear in the paperdoll.

PvM

- We implemented boss to drop Tangle.
- We created events week of 1vs and 2vs2 pet battles
- We create weeks treasure hunting events.
- Created dungeon, with bos.

craft
- Implementation of imbuing.
- Refactored runic kits drop calculation.
send from

in hell
flex and denizsperafico like this.
flex

Post by flex »

astraroth wrote: November 5th, 2021, 5:46 pm
craft
- Implementation of imbuing.
- Refactored runic kits drop calculation.
Whatever you are doing, do never implement imbuing. At first glance, it seems like a cool way to build your gear exactly like you want. BUT there will be no long term motivation. What to strive for when you have exactly what you always wanted?
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Make mobs loots better nothing to loot only bracelet. Make loot comparable to an brsk val hammer.
adans.mashni

Post by adans.mashni »

UP! UP! UP!

If these things happen i go back to demise!
Post Link: https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 98#p147098
denizsperafico wrote: November 5th, 2021, 4:38 pm hello guys im Joey from .dps

more one or 2 devs recruits (my vote for Reetus or astra or dots or dust or both)

4 accounts = 2 houses max

(pvm), new region(map) with new mobiles and itens to players do something diferent.

little events in 15/15 days to pvmers... aleatory champion spawns, puzzles, new stealables ....

cast need to be more slow on the mages in tramm facet and events with this rules... to balance dmg against other builds

pots... 1 pot of cure nowadays cure all type of poison... so please guys fix that and balance noxers...

make possible other builds to combat pvp

delete all shields with hci and add new itens to shard

afk farming is a big problem of server in my point... server are slow... so ... delete tramel hw is a necessary

question of gold in server is simple with events ds to make gold valueable again.... and u can update gold like servuo... this feature is fucking nice and optimized....

cub always active prevents overcrowding of items on the server

GUILDS PVP TOURNAMENT 1 per MONTH - is a good idea (any guild need pay X to enter in event) and the winer take the pot....

Activate Champion Spawn of Khaldun

about bugs in craft is visible when u craft things with hammer + 30 hammer +60 skill and without hammer... otherside all craft is fuckng nerfed, so .... revert this and BAN the bots

one platform to players sell your itens by cash... and shard get percentage

more seers and conceulors to check bad acts of players... intolerance to racism and bots...

thank u guys see yaaa
Duque

Post by Duque »

Never do this please: Implementation of imbuing.

Old arcade casting is welcome, since staff choose OSI casting way i think pvm and pvp has gone progressively down (is my point of view, i am sure that a lot are not agree)
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Lmoreno2695 and Bad Seed like this.