Can we stop pretending to police Heartwood?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Aurrakynn

Can we stop pretending to police Heartwood?

Post by Aurrakynn »

All this inconsistent monitoring and jailing does is incentivize and allow the people who are actually cheating with more advanced scripting, that recognize AFK checks, to continue to cheat. Not to mention the people running dozens of accounts all afk gathering with VPN's. So you have the people like me, that occasionally leave Heartwood running while I go have dinner or something who are being punished. While the cheaters who use EasyUO and other advanced scripts, that can respond to AFK checks, and the people who VPN accounts and don't care if they get banned, cheating up a storm, but the people who only have their 4 accounts, running 2 heartwood bots with no advanced software to get around the checks who are being punished.... It's a joke. Get rid of it entirely or stop even trying. You can't have it both ways. And as you very well know almost everyone on this server wants Heartwood automation, so how about you stop doing a half-assed job and give up already?
Dysis
Demise Staff Member

Re: Can we stop pretending to police Heartwood?

Post by Dysis »

Aurrakynn wrote: December 12th, 2021, 5:12 am All this inconsistent monitoring and jailing does is incentivize and allow the people who are actually cheating with more advanced scripting, that recognize AFK checks, to continue to cheat. Not to mention the people running dozens of accounts all afk gathering with VPN's. So you have the people like me, that occasionally leave Heartwood running while I go have dinner or something who are being punished. While the cheaters who use EasyUO and other advanced scripts, that can respond to AFK checks, and the people who VPN accounts and don't care if they get banned, cheating up a storm, but the people who only have their 4 accounts, running 2 heartwood bots with no advanced software to get around the checks who are being punished.... It's a joke. Get rid of it entirely or stop even trying. You can't have it both ways. And as you very well know almost everyone on this server wants Heartwood automation, so how about you stop doing a half-assed job and give up already?
Greetings player, Even if you see those potential cheaters not getting jailed, doesn't mean we don't track them.
Dysis
UO Demise - Game Master

PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UO: Demise.

Shard Rules - Last Publish - F.A.Q
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Aurrakynn wrote: December 12th, 2021, 5:12 am All this inconsistent monitoring and jailing does is incentivize and allow the people who are actually cheating with more advanced scripting, that recognize AFK checks, to continue to cheat. Not to mention the people running dozens of accounts all afk gathering with VPN's. So you have the people like me, that occasionally leave Heartwood running while I go have dinner or something who are being punished. While the cheaters who use EasyUO and other advanced scripts, that can respond to AFK checks, and the people who VPN accounts and don't care if they get banned, cheating up a storm, but the people who only have their 4 accounts, running 2 heartwood bots with no advanced software to get around the checks who are being punished.... It's a joke. Get rid of it entirely or stop even trying. You can't have it both ways. And as you very well know almost everyone on this server wants Heartwood automation, so how about you stop doing a half-assed job and give up already?
The call is coming from inside the house
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you know resisting arrest is a crime in itself.. and fraud has very high penalties as a deterant cos it's such a pain in the ass to track down.. just sayin ;)

but does anyone know why they haven't put in the fletching/carp bod systems yet?
im gonna guess there's some reasons.

they shouldn't ban people for afk scripting anyway.. worst you should get really is some jail time and the stuff deleted.
VPN is another issue.. hard one to solve. that is kinda the point of a vpn.

i personally dont use them.. for 1 i've nothing to hide really, for 2 i dont trust the people running the VPNs anyway :P
i mean as if you cant trace a VPN if you can see the routes or give them an ID at the gates.
i dont buy the "it gives me a better ping" excuse tbh, but i might be wrong i suppose.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

People don't just afk heartwood.... they afk almost everything... wood gathering mining... doom.... miasma...many more....the staff is just too over extended or just don't care.. and saying just because we don't see a difference doesn't mean you are not tracking them is hog wash...the shard is riddled with players cheating in one way or another...I for one contacted a gm about my families accounts... we currently have 8 accounts in the hold hold because my wife and i moved in with my dad to take care of him.. he plays and had four accounts before we moved in and we brought our four accounts to that household... which limits us.. to only being able to have four accounts on at a time... between all 8 accounts... but i know for a fact that there is players with more than the 4 accounts allowed on at the same time... botting and farming afk for one player. what's worse is we have whole guilds of people doing it... not to mention we have players who with good intentions actively going out of their way to punish the cheaters and be public about it... but still are breaking the rules doing so... because the staff doesn't want the player base to police themselves...

mind you my whole family plays this shard... and here lately they are playing less and less. because of the blatant cheating going on...staff response time is a joke...if you even get a response.

and calvin referring to a actual law in real life is not the same because the shard is not governed by real life laws... it is solely up to the staff what they allow and what they don't.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The call is coming from inside the house.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈