why would you need 80 dex for parry mage?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tension

why would you need 80 dex for parry mage?

Post by Tension »

hey guys, im trying to build a parry mage, prob will never get him suited i dont have alot of time to invest, but anyways i was gonna go with magery, eval, anat, resist, parry, scribe, the rest to med. I read that you need 80 dex, but i looked up the formula and it looks like you can still block with lower.

Your Parrying skill:
Your Bushido skill:
Your Dexterity:
Chance of blocking with a shield: 26%
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 14%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 14%

Why would you go 80 dex on a mage and not be able to cast much at all seems pointless, but i read also that archers rape mages without parry.
Its been forever since i played. Logged on house dropped lost all my shit but i got suited necro mage and spawner etc. Just seems like so much has changed. Necro mage isnt even a good build anymore from what ive been reading on forums.
The Llama Vortex

Re: why would you need 80 dex for parry mage?

Post by The Llama Vortex »

Yeah, you can still block with lower dex, but as you see, to lose 9% of parrying chance because of the lack of dex doesn't seem reasonable.

With 50% enhance potions you can get 30 dex per greater agility potion, so you can have 50 dex on your parry mage and rely on potion to raise it (that's what everybody do, by the way)

If you add 66 alchemy to that, you can go even lower (your potions will add 34 dex).

Additionally, if you are planning to have meditation, is not a bad idea to be an elf, thus gaining 20 mana. Of course there are some down sides to it (carrying less weight, no being able to cast gift of renewal as easily, but with medit you counter the biggest of them).

If you are trying to build parrymage with a low budget try the Yorixiriamori's build: Kasa, pendant, fey leggings, 0/2 or 0/3 ecru, orny. You can get decent props with that combo with a very low price.
Tension likes this.
Tension

Post by Tension »

I’m human but honestly I only have 40 med so far n if that went to alch I’d have no med, then not much mana regen on top of a lower mana pool, maybe elf would be good just to have a little more mana I hardly use gift and it doesn’t last long anyways, not sure what you meant by med countering the biggest of them, I guess if you were human and no med you’d still have 20 passive for being human. I got my parry to 115 tho, parry alchy mage might be better and just not have scribe. Or you and ecru ring crazy exspensive I thought lol. I got like 5 mil and my necro mage suit which prob won’t do any good anymore since it’s pointless to play them.
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

I can give you an ecru, just contact me at discord when u get online (LV#0581).
Tension

Post by Tension »

Thank you so much