Demise dead

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
fox109109

Demise dead

Post by fox109109 »

Play here at 2007-2012 , Go back play here 6 monthes ,scripting and bots> everything.
I want to talk more shite,but my poor english~~~~~~
FUCK BULL SHITE SHARD
Close it or make it better~~~~
Alvin

Re: Demise dead

Post by Alvin »

He has a point about scripts and bots.
In the halloween event i felt like people dont want to fight - they only want go play their macros and log out whenever chineese guild raids them.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

"He has a point about scripts and bots."
say guy who put houses with script so much gms needed to in and doesnt allow it when there were intesne pvp fights for it :D

Hypocrisy over 9000 !!!!

But yeah cut bots / scripts that make spawns afk (hi Grifo :D )
Make Bods afk
Farm ore afk
farm wood afk
Sell wood afk ..
etc

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Shallan wrote: November 10th, 2022, 8:23 am "He has a point about scripts and bots."
say guy who put houses with script so much gms needed to in and doesnt allow it when there were intesne pvp fights for it :D

Hypocrisy over 9000 !!!!

But yeah cut bots / scripts that make spawns afk (hi Grifo :D )
Make Bods afk
Farm ore afk
farm wood afk
Sell wood afk ..
etc
Selling Spawner bot full afk :)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fox109109 wrote: November 9th, 2022, 3:07 pm Play here at 2007-2012 , Go back play here 6 monthes ,scripting and bots> everything.
the irony is that the bots and scripts help compensate for a lower number of players...

the game has evolved in a way, but you can still play it in the old skool way :P
just dont expect to be the best of the best if you're playing old skool.. cos you're not really playing the same game as them.

however if they weren't playing that game, there wouldn't be a world for you to play your game. so..

it's an evil, but it's a necessary evil. unless you all wanna come back and play hardcore 8 hours a day like back in the 90s? :P

... it's not dead at all... but it is like, on a mobility scooter now.
jats likes this.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Calvin wrote: November 10th, 2022, 1:02 pm
however if they weren't playing that game, there wouldn't be a world for you to play your game. so..

it's an evil, but it's a necessary evil.
if the bots weren't running rampid, it would just show less people online but the server would still be running. afk botters (cheating, against shard rules) are not a necessary evil. it is the actual reason why the shard is in the state its in today.
madwhite likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you're over-looking the fact that the world has changed as well.

and in many ways the people have as well.. they dont have the time to grind, and they want accessibility these days..
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Calvin wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:03 pm you're over-looking the fact that the world has changed as well.

and in many ways the people have as well.. they dont have the time to grind, and they want accessibility these days..
people dont have time to grind? invalid. i could show you thousands of players that are grinding at this very moment.
fox109109

Post by fox109109 »

for the halloween,I did pvp area boss again and again ,but cant get any more than those afk bots.
Stop stupied play game ,lets go to script and bots~~~cause you cant do better than it~~\
You can do more against those scrpt and bots.
We only allowed use razor, we cannt use auto drink,gather etc when we play here at 12 years ago.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i mean, it would be good to hear an argument from the botters.. something beyond "but i like being rich with no effort".

but the sad fact is, the cat is out of the bag, and there's not enough people willing to put the time and effort in to make a sustainable gameworld on a 20 year old game :/

the problem really is more that just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean you *should*, to the point of abuse.

ironically the word is 'moderation'.. if you really need a parent figure moderating your behaviour 100% of the time.. well society wouldn't work like that would it? so maybe people should put on their big-boy pants and have a bit of responsibility in their own actions.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol imagine this in a real life context.. basically people went "there's all these criminals about, im gonna join em!"
then the police be like, "well everyone is doing criminal stuff, so i guess it shouldn't be criminal anymore, by popular demand".
then the people be like, "all this stuff has led to stuff being a bit fucked, fix it"
lol

in a round about way, did we just discover why laws exist?

i mean what would have been the better solution, to just ban 75% of the player base?

i've said this before: people, are the problem. you can design a perfect system, people will mess it up.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

my personal opinion, is that at this point, they should embrace it.

it's not really a different game, this is the thing. consider an RTS like Dune 2 - when this started, there was no band select for your units, there was no hotkey to assign unit groups; if you wanted to move, you literally had to left click the unit, then left click move, then left click on the screen where to move to.

modern RTS are not different games, but they do have a whole host of UI advancements that allow you to play the game more easily.

this is kind of the same.. tho you can make a argument why it's not.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Calvin wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:19 pm
but the sad fact is, the cat is out of the bag, and there's not enough people willing to put the time and effort in to make a sustainable gameworld on a 20 year old game :/
Again not true...for demise this is true but not all UO servers.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

Calvin wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:25 pm
i mean what would have been the better solution, to just ban 75% of the player base?
I've experienced and witnessed gms jailing selective scripters but allowing their buddies to do it, that is point #1, they are corrupt and several others have pointed this out. No shard will be successful under those circumstances especially when it becomes common knowledge.

Point #2 is the gms have all but checked out from Demise. Periodically I login and send a help request to report afk botters and I never get any response. A healthy shard has a staff that is monitoring rule breaking.

You say people should just embrace it. Unless the gms officially change the rules to allow afk botting, you should not count on the majority of players to embrace rule breaking that's ludicrous. As it stands, the playing field is not even between people who break the rules and people who follow them. When new players inevitably realize this they are put off.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

did you ever mine back in the early days? like by hand, with a pack horse?

*oooh i made a hotkey to bring up the target reticle for the pickaxe - labour saver!*
*best combine my ores so i can carry more weight.*

would you want to play uo now, if you had to do that?

there has *always* been an element of 'power playing' to the free shards, that's half of their attraction.
why do we get 4 accounts?

when everyone is superman, no-one is superman.

see im rich in this game, im not mining, but im not breaking the law either, im paying other people to break the law for me lmao
that's the beauty of the events tho, you're not supposed to be able to afk farm those, so the drops from them are expensive, and they balance out the economy for the more active players.

it actually works.. but you have to be aware really, that there are times of the year with high active population - the event seasons.
and times of the year when it's all farm and you can just take your time preparing your characters and stuff for the event season.

personally, it works for me because i've played this game a long time, and i like that i can actively play it for a few months and do other things when there's nothing on - because i have pretty much finished my characters... could make new ones, but meh. i made a tamer and won the taming competition :D there ya go. could make an archer i suppose... tho i dont rly like them.. erm.. dunno.

but full plots, full houses, decently developed character on each account.. i just play to see old mates, gamble on nice drops, trade some antiques and new items, and generally add to my prestigeous collection :P

what's the issue from your perspective?