Great suggestion, will help to everyone !!!

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tanya

Great suggestion, will help to everyone !!!

Post by Tanya »

Please remove resists from weapons when crafting...
Too much resists :(
axe.jpg
axe.jpg (102.95 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Last edited by Tanya on January 9th, 2017, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Veteran Noobie

Re: Great suggestion, will help to everyone !!!

Post by Veteran Noobie »

It makes crafting elite weapons worth more, I have crafted many weapons that were almost perfect 3/4 or 4/5 mods were on point but had a resist on it, this is what makes crafting so unique and fun in uo!!
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Lead44 likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Its not so fun if you are collecting for months and months verite and valorite hammers
and in the end every weapon goes to a trash can !!
Peerless Hunter
Lead44 and ortiz like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

what about the players who have collected for years and years? you used to roll lower requirements and extra durability from runics but they removed this, i feel that extra resists on weapons are not the problem.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Eos likes this.
alllex

Post by alllex »

the problem in the first place:

WHY the fuck weapon have resistance on them,

15 RESIS Capped on weapon... If you craft a shield you get like +5 resis!! WOOW WOW it a freakin shield

im 100% with you tanya!!!
pumpkin.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Veteran Noobie wrote:what about the players who have collected for years and years? you used to roll lower requirements and extra durability from runics but they removed this, i feel that extra resists on weapons are not the problem.
You are right, extra resists on weapons are not the problem...

Here is the real problem:

hw kit fletching = 700k
hw saw = 1kk
brsk = 1.9kk
val hammer = 75kk

No balance in the picture above, something is wrong there.

I swapped hundreds of books and got so far only 4 verites and 1 val hammer (almost, only missing one bod to complete my first val hammer).
I don't say that val hammer should be cheap but why is it 100 times more expensive then hw kit? :shock:
Sometimes I swap 12 books in one day and get 0 val bods - that is why val hammer is so expensive.
Peerless Hunter
Mister Pink and Frasier like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Tanya wrote:
Veteran Noobie wrote:what about the players who have collected for years and years? you used to roll lower requirements and extra durability from runics but they removed this, i feel that extra resists on weapons are not the problem.

hw kit fletching = 700k
hw saw = 1kk
brsk = 1.9kk
val hammer = 75kk

I swapped hundreds of books and got so far only 4 verites and 1 val hammer (almost, only missing one bod to complete my first val hammer).
I don't say that val hammer should be cheap but why is it 100 times more expensive then hw kit? :shock:
Sometimes I swap 12 books in one day and get 0 val bods - that is why val hammer is so expensive.

Now you are getting to the correct problems, high end Blacksmith bods have always been harder to obtain, rather than high end tailoring bod, this is because of how many different blacksmith bod combinations there are. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that 20x agg plate turned into +60 ASH!

One part of this that you have to keep in mind is that we have a economy (or should) and making items easier to obtain will only imbalance this economy, historically we have had a fairly balanced economy, however with evolution of features such as introduction of runic fletching/carpentry, perhaps other features should evolve.

For some reason we have OSI standards on most features/functions such as bod system, but our server is different than OSI thus should have different standards, for example we do not have the ability to transfer to a different shard to buy items and cross shard back to resell ;)

However you also must keep in mind how many players, maybe not you, are farming 3-4 accounts 24/7 never stopping because gm do not often check on afk farmers, there has been a considerable amount of gold farmed since the lotto scratch board event, I can only wonder how much of this was farmed afk.

wangmerc and Tanya like this.
wangmerc

Post by wangmerc »

Indeed, shard already exchanged his 10 years anniversary and players still not have decent weapons, or its taking years to obtain just one piece with mostly 4 mods and still remains hundreds of other types which you probably will never get just because not everyone have that much of patient. Even on test server where you could get rid from resist its still extremely hard to get exactly what you need :(

p.s btw just curious what about this on OSI? probably they are doesn't care because of imbuing, right?
Veteran Noobie likes this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Tanya wrote:

hw kit fletching = 700k
hw saw = 1kk
brsk = 1.9kk
val hammer = 75kk

Thats why i stoped BS. I had 4 small val bods and few large burned 5 verites and got $#%# soo ;p

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Madmarz

Post by Madmarz »

There is definitely a huge problem with the gap in the crafting styles. The hammers should be difficult to get, else the market would be flooded with amazing stuff. But theres a problem with that. All you need is some wood, ingots and bolts and run the HW quests what, 100 times before you get a HW kit of either kind if that? Next to having to get the BODs required, constantly logging in Bod runners, filling the books, turning them in, gathering resources to fill the new ones, getting the EXACT right BODS for the hammer you want. Plus the mods needed for staffs are so much lower than DAxes and other blacksmith weapons, and obtaining the good mods for said blacksmith weapons is almost impossible when your spending months trying to get a hammer and roll shitty. By the time you have got your verite/val hammer, someone has already got 10+ HW kits and crafted prolly 2-3 staffs which tripled or more their investment both in time and money. When you roll shitty on a HW kit you throw away 700k-1kk depending on the respective crafting type, if you roll shitty on a hammer, you just threw away 40-75kk (not sure what verites sell for) but you get the point.
MB

Post by MB »

You are equating 5 mod BS runics with 4 mod heartwood runics. Gold hammers give 4 mods for comparable price. The rarity and value of valorite/verite is the gamble on that 5 mod weapon not seen on heartwood crafted weapons.
Madmarz

Post by Madmarz »

Your right, you cant exactly equate the two directly. But it still takes much longer to gather bods even for Gold hammers than it does to get kits or saws. And the mods on the BS weaps are harder to roll together than say a staff. Least in my experience.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

MB wrote:You are equating 5 mod BS runics with 4 mod heartwood runics. Gold hammers give 4 mods for comparable price. The rarity and value of valorite/verite is the gamble on that 5 mod weapon not seen on heartwood crafted weapons.
MB I am comparing crafting black staff and double axe: when you use ash wood, you always have 10 ssi on staff,
which is like a fifth mod.
When craft double axe, only 1 out of ~20 axes has ssi, all others are junk without ssi.
So from one side crafting double axe is 20 times more harder then black staff because need to roll ssi.
From the other side the val runic is 75 times more expensive then hw saw.
Now if you craft double axe from gold hammer, you waste one mod for ssi and left with three mods...
Peerless Hunter
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Tanya wrote:
MB wrote:You are equating 5 mod BS runics with 4 mod heartwood runics. Gold hammers give 4 mods for comparable price. The rarity and value of valorite/verite is the gamble on that 5 mod weapon not seen on heartwood crafted weapons.
MB I am comparing crafting black staff and double axe: when you use ash wood, you always have 10 ssi on staff,
which is like a fifth mod.
When craft double axe, only 1 out of ~20 axes has ssi, all others are junk without ssi.
So from one side crafting double axe is 20 times more harder then black staff because need to roll ssi.
From the other side the val runic is 75 times more expensive then hw saw.
Now if you craft double axe from gold hammer, you waste one mod for ssi and left with three mods...
Dont forget gold hammer have chance to roll 4 mods - chance. So maybe we should compare it to YEW saw ? :>
On the other hand maybe the problem of use double axes can be solved by allowing to get more SSI items -
1. http://www.uoguide.com/Ranger%27s_Cloak_of_Augmentation
2. http://www.uoguide.com/Animated_Legs_of ... ane_Tinker

yeah i know its Stygian.
Btw yesterday i tried to go with 180 stam = 1,25 swing with D-Axe :D and compared to Black staff it was mhm kind of worst. Enemy hits eats so much stam that next swing wasnt 1.25 and didnt restore much stamina ( even with 40hml,48 hsl, 25 ssi axe).

So 167 stam + BS still better then > 180 stam with D-axe.

D-Axe could be better with 45hci/45dci gear so i could use DF for ssi - or if we COULD GET 120 CHIV bonus (lower dci penalty) working.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Shallan wrote: So 167 stam + BS still better then > 180 stam with D-axe.
I agree, but to solve this problem, use 5ssi Turquoise Ring :D
Peerless Hunter