My own land | A journey through an empty shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Gargl Kark

My own land | A journey through an empty shard

Post by Gargl Kark »

Hi,

so the other day, while getting another million ready on this shard, slaying away at Miasma, I got bored.
So I gave runUO a try and now run my own private shard, with the exiting number of exactly one player.
I fiddled around a bit with some settings and now have it up and running.

Of course, as an admin you can twist and tweak as you like ("this shard is corrupted y'all wake up lol"), making the boredom ever greater. But I thought, well, let's see how it is, living on one shard, hacking my char through to full maturity, without any economy, no cheats and no raids :)

I'll try to report about it here every now and then.
Don't expect anything exciting though. It's all been there very long, more apt people have been building things like that, and I'm just wasting time.

Cheers :)
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Gargl Kark

Re: My own land | A journey through an empty shard

Post by Gargl Kark »

This is my char:
myOwnShardFirstImage.jpg
myOwnShardFirstImage.jpg (263.26 KiB) Viewed 9867 times
this is like stage 2 of my journey, and it feels like back in 1998!
stage 1 was training in old haven, getting some basic fighting experience, and hopefully collecting some items to get physical resistance.
stage 2 is now down in Despise first level. Man, this is really exciting! I had to run back and forth to stay alive, collecting every single bit of armor and weapons off the corpses. You can see that the things I find will be the only ones ever to come by at this stage.
So I am super excited that I found a double axe with HML 30. Can't wait to use it :)

Bug

Post by Bug »

Try selling that double axe at luna bank, being the most powerful one on the server it must be worth a fortune!
Souced

Post by Souced »

who he going to sell it too since he there by himself
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Souced wrote:who he going to sell it too since he there by himself
I allow multiple accounts per IP, so I'll just make 10 more and go into a bidding process :D

kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

Shard advertising.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Souced wrote:who he going to sell it too since he there by himself
The blacksmith npc might be interested...
Gargl Kark likes this.
Souced

Post by Souced »

lol true he might be and how is this shard advertising since he has not listed any info on his shard or how to get there or anything?? it more a story of the grind from the beginning to were and what he will eventually get to
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Gargl Kark and hrs024 like this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

haha this made my day, i remember making my own server back when uogateway was a thing
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

kolbycrouch wrote:Shard advertising.
nobody but me can get there.

hrs024 likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

stage 3 of the journey - going Sampire
Things are building up real slow... eventually I ruled Despise 2nd lvl when Ettins and Earth Eles were no lethal threat anymore. This happened only after my crafter was able to make an exceptional luck suit (240 luck and 61 phys resist! this is such an achievement!), this again earning me better loot.
So I collected slayers until I found an ele slayer, which allowed to harvest wind eles, farming for pain spike scrolls, this then allowing me to train necro on the new haven quest. I read up on where to find the right scrolls, and vamp embrace are impossible to aquire alone. hence, I need that full necro book!
To go from 40 necro to the full 50, I also needed a 100 LRC suit. Getting this was incredibly slow: luck too low, no real fighting skill, no economy... it felt like walking through mud to get there. And my char looks like shit now :D
myOwnShard100LRCSuit.jpg
myOwnShard100LRCSuit.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 9694 times

brett, ortiz, Bama and 2 others like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I don't mean to bust your bubble, but you don't need anything but starting items and regs to train necro from 40-50... I've done so a lot... I like free full books. ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

The Silvertiger wrote:I don't mean to bust your bubble, but you don't need anything but starting items and regs to train necro from 40-50... I've done so a lot... I like free full books. ;)
Regs are bleh ;)

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

well good news is when you make a thief the inquiz gloves are all yours.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Vander Nars wrote:well good news is when you make a thief the inquiz gloves are all yours.
I rule EVERY champ spawn!!!1!one!eleven