Recent bannings (January 2020)

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
Larson
Demise Administrator

Recent bannings (January 2020)

Post by Larson »

Some of you may have noticed there have been some bannings taking place recently. The main purpose of this is to find and punish anyone exceeding the account limit of 4 per household. You may be one of those people and wish to appeal your banning. Unfortunately mistakes can happen during this process and you may just be an innocent party who is wondering why they are banned.

If you need to talk to someone about your accounts please message myself or Selene here on the forums (not Discord). This is an ongoing process that may take some time to complete. If it takes some days for us to answer please don't be alarmed, we will get to you all eventually.

Thanks, Larson
Larson
UOGDemise - Admin

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
isterico

Re: Recent bannings( January 2020)

Post by isterico »

1- Ban VPN use.
2- This time, Unban the asian community ( they used the same mudfish vpn service, it isn't new to this problems https://forums.mudfish.net/t/all-kr-asi ... -ban/35106 ).
3- If we still want asian players on Demise, because the only way to play competitive from asia is to use a VPN (you ping 400+ without it. you can't play vs ppl that ping 20), introduce a PING LIMIT directly to the server, something like 100 or 150.
4- Ban without problems in future who results to exceed the 4 account x IP

It will:
-resolve the vpn problem
-make more difficult the script abuses in pvp for low ping ppl
-balance the players, in a more fair play
-save server resources

We are risking to lose a big amount of players. Please, take it seriously. We still wanna play UO.

PS: Please, consider to permit the Classic Client. It drops the Ping by 50 just by itself. It's also beautiful and it doesn't make feel a 150 ping laggy at all.

my2cents
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

isterico wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:09 am 1- Ban VPN use.
2- This time, Unban the asian community ( they used the same mudfish vpn service, it isn't new to this problems https://forums.mudfish.net/t/all-kr-asi ... -ban/35106 ).
3- If we still want asian players on Demise, because the only way to play competitive from asia is to use a VPN (you ping 400+ without it. you can't play vs ppl that ping 20), introduce a PING LIMIT directly to the server, something like 100 or 150.

It will:
-resolve the vpn problem
-save server resources

We are risking to lose a big amount of players. Please, take it seriously. We still wanna play UO.

PS: Please, consider to permit the Classic Client. It drops the Ping by 50 just by itself. It's also beautiful and it doesn't make feel a 150 ping laggy at all.

my2cents
Asian comunnity with sucha huge ping... 90% of house placed after idoc are china. China is not in Asia?
I can start 4 streams and show u i ping 500 so i want to use vpn and then use vpn for all those mining bots ppl with vpn use.

ps i ping 150-200 and i dont use vpn so...

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Lady

Post by Lady »

Ban VPN? My average ping is ....400 ms. Imagine that there are players who are playing from other parts of the world, not just from Americas.....
siroiva and Alvin like this.
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

I'd like to think that the staff here have done a little more homework than just "BAN ALL OF ASIA!!". I'm sure they're actually banning the cheaters with dozens of vpn accounts.

I talked to a few Asian players that claim to "share lots of accounts with friends". That seems to be the excuse they give when questioned about why they have 18+ characters recalling into their house to drop off resources 24/7.

Please staff, don't listen to this BS. Keep the cheaters off of Demise.
Discord Boosh#7515
Centurion likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ..................

┏━━┓┏━━┓┏━━┓┏━━┓
┗━┓┃┃┏┓┃┗━┓┃┃┏┓┃
┏━┛┃┃┃┃┃┏━┛┃┃┃┃┃
...........Let The IDOCS Begin......
┃┏━┛┃┃┃┃┃┏━┛┃┃┃┃
┃┗━┓┃┗┛┃┃┗━┓┃┗┛┃
┗━━┛┗━━┛┗━━┛┗━━┛
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares likes this.
isterico

Post by isterico »

BooshBooshBoosh wrote: January 24th, 2020, 11:28 am I'd like to think that the staff here have done a little more homework than just "BAN ALL OF ASIA!!". I'm sure they're actually banning the cheaters with dozens of vpn accounts.

I talked to a few Asian players that claim to "share lots of accounts with friends". That seems to be the excuse they give when questioned about why they have 18+ characters recalling into their house to drop off resources 24/7.

Please staff, don't listen to this BS. Keep the cheaters off of Demise.
Did you open the link i posted?
Use a VPN can bring those problems, like suddently share the same ip from a group of ppl to the same server (usually from the same country). It's because a bad service is provided or a mistake in the CDN.

Instead to keep off cheaters from Demise, we are risking to lose an innocent blooming community. In case of koreans, they started from 0 and they played active so much inside kvg. I saw them grow, playing e trying to script some basic stuff. They aren't expert enough for create the evil empire that you are pointing imo. Dunno for chinese, but i really fear that we are talking about the same VPN issue.

You are "sure they're actually banning the cheaters with dozens of vpn accounts." but the staff himself opened this 3d because they are not sure about the bans. I really hope that they will go deep in the problem.
:)

Only people were using the mudfish VPN were banned (by what i heard). It can't be a coincidence imo.
siroiva, jings and doldollee00 like this.
isterico

Post by isterico »

Ban VPN? My average ping is ....400 ms. Imagine that there are players who are playing from other parts of the world, not just from Americas.....
Better to be banned suddently for no reason, right?
To limit the ping, and make ClassicUO a common thing will drop your ping around 300. Also, the low pinging players will go slower, reducing the gap between you and other players
Result:
You will be more competitive than before (with the vpn).
Bad side?
Mobs will be a bit more dangerous.

Could you share your VPN provider, Lady? I guess you are not banned. You were not using mudfish right?

However. An other solution is whitelist all the VPN ip. But, it will become impossible to reconize extra accounts by ppl that uses a VPN service. And this is the worst possible scenario.
Obviously my VPN issue idea, are supposed things. Dunno if the staff banned for IP reasons or for other reasons. In the second case.. sorry for the spam :D
Last edited by isterico on January 24th, 2020, 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doldollee00 likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

this is a classic demise move :popcorn:
isterico

Post by isterico »

Shallan wrote: January 24th, 2020, 7:47 am
isterico wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:09 am 1- Ban VPN use.

It will:
-resolve the vpn problem
-save server resources

my2cents
Asian comunnity with sucha huge ping... 90% of house placed after idoc are china. China is not in Asia?
I can start 4 streams and show u i ping 500 so i want to use vpn and then use vpn for all those mining bots ppl with vpn use.

ps i ping 150-200 and i dont use vpn so...
If all the players will ping 150+, your 500 ping can drop by at 30% using ClassicClient. Then you should have a smooth (thanks to Classic) 250-300ping without VPN. In this case, the difference between you and the lower pinger will be only 100-200.

Result: ping limit + classic, better than vpn. And, easier cheater checks for the staff.
Also, the end of ping based scripts on running players during pvp.
jings and doldollee00 like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Lol #demisemove bans half of its player base, expects to thrive.
Keep em ban, get demise shut down, it’s about time to let go of this shit show of a server. Staff hasn’t done any updates in 4+ months.
No staff = dead server.
Bad Religion likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

thanks for the bans, hope it helps the economy alittle, been seeing to many bots lately.
Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Amish Hammer wrote: January 25th, 2020, 1:19 am thanks for the bans, hope it helps the economy alittle, been seeing to many bots lately.
It wont, it appears mainly people that play the game legit using vpn services had their accounts banned. Many new and older Koreans. A lot of which is obvious only have 1 account and usually only 1 character and they are all poor.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

jings and doldollee00 like this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

I’m sure they got a lot of legit users who vpn bots for resources, but it looks like a majority of their bans targeted the Asian player-base who uses the same vpn company for ping, not for multiple extra accounts.
Discord: Maloskies#2094