Working As Intended World Saves And Timers

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Bama
Bug Hunter

World Saves And Timers

Post by Bama »

There is some strange stuff going on with this

Some things stop during a world save like MR HPR My Bard has 8 MR and 8 HPR and my mana and hit points do not regenerate during a world save which is fair

Other things do not stop during a world save like a nature's fury (there are more)

A nature's fury cast without a focus level and with 100 skill points in spell weaving lasts 30 seconds if it is not being attacked

If that same fury is cast and during it's 30 seconds there is a world save it will last 30 seconds less the world save time

Not really a big deal but if you just got off your 5th fury and a world save hits all that mana was wasted because those furies are not doing any damage but they just lost 13 to 14 seconds off their 30 seconds. And you didn't regen any mana to cast more

My timing is off but it doesn't matter because I cast the fury after the warning and before the save. The save was 13.7 seconds long my fury should have lasted another 13.7 seconds after the save.

The screen shot shows the warning coming at 10:08:55
Silent_9-30_10.08.jpg
Silent_9-30_10.08.jpg (211.08 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
The screen shot shows the world starting to save with my fury in play at 10:09:04
The fury was cast at 10:08: 57
Silent_9-30_10.09.jpg
Silent_9-30_10.09.jpg (211.49 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
The screen shot shows the world save was complete at 10:09:18 and it took 13.7 seconds
My screen shots show a 14 second difference
Silent_9-30_10.09-1.jpg
Silent_9-30_10.09-1.jpg (212.83 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
The screen shot shows that my fury disappeared/died at 10:09:27
It was cast 7 seconds before the save and lasted 9 seconds after the save
Silent_9-30_10.09-2.jpg
Silent_9-30_10.09-2.jpg (210.23 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
Last edited by Bama on September 30th, 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: World Saves And Timers

Post by Bama »

Bards

I Provoke the 2 centaurs 4 seconds before a world save
Silent_9-30_11.09.jpg
Silent_9-30_11.09.jpg (236.6 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
The world save hits and everything stops
Silent_9-30_11.09-1.jpg
Silent_9-30_11.09-1.jpg (234.3 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
Except for the cool down timer on my next bard skill attempt
The save took 13.7 seconds and I was able to have another chance to provoke instead of waiting out the timer
Silent_9-30_11.10.jpg
Silent_9-30_11.10.jpg (233.88 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

I'm inclined to say this is working as intended. Timers will not tick during a world save, but things like "you can perform another skill 10 seconds from now" are still affected. Making things last longer after a world save could be done (we actually already correct the Monster Dash stopwatches for it), but it would make a lot of the code somewhat awkward. Another mitigation could be retroactively regenerating 10 seconds worth of HP, mana and stamina upon world save end, but that might be awkward too (for example if you're in combat and you just got your target to low HP and mana).
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: March 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm Timers will not tick during a world save, but things like "you can perform another skill 10 seconds from now" are still affected.
..???
Explain please I am a little confused
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

easy, if you go destard and get you chased with 10 dragons and happend save time, when time start again all 10 dragons prepare you gift 10 fire breath during SAVE xDxDxD

they stop attack and move, but are able prepare spells skills
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Bama wrote: March 26th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Eos wrote: March 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm Timers will not tick during a world save, but things like "you can perform another skill 10 seconds from now" are still affected.
..???
Explain please I am a little confused
I realize now the term "timer" may be a little technical. In RunUO (or programming in general), a timer is a piece of code that gets triggered/executed at specified intervals. For example, your mana regeneration is a timer that "ticks"/executes on a fixed interval and adds +1 mana every time it does. While the world is saving, timers are not "ticking"/executing.

Your skill delay, however, is not a timer. Instead, it's a data entry on your character that represents the "next time" you can do a skill. When you perform a skill, a point in the future is chosen based on the skill delay (like 10 seconds from now). While the world saves, this piece of data is not changed. It still represents the same point in time after the world save, which, after waiting for the world to save, has probably become a point in the past. As such, you can use a skill immediately.

There are advantages to coding things one way or the other, e.g. it making more logical sense to do so in a given context or it resulting in less complex code. Sadly, because they act differently during a world save, it leads to inconsistencies.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Thank you

So provoke 2 mobs just before a world save and once the save is done provoke 2 more
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈