Best PVM Pet on this server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Pkstylez

Best PVM Pet on this server?

Post by Pkstylez »

White wyrm?
Greater Dragon
Hiryu
opinions. thanks guys
Calvin

Re: Best PVM Pet on this server?

Post by Calvin »

armored swamp dragon? ;P

will be interesting to see what the tamers say tbh, all i know is greater dragon to tank, and hell hound pack gets pack instinct for insane dps

but would be nice to hear if some things are better for tanking specific monsters and stuff. also i would like to know if golems are viable to use in pvm, and what the deal is with the arctic orge lords and stuff in the crystals. like what the requirements are. also for cu exactly?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: April 21st, 2020, 12:27 pm armored swamp dragon? ;P
What is wrong with you?
Gimme some of that you smoking
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dont haf enough ;P

i go to bed when i finish this lol

armored swamp dragon is like 20% damage reduction? idk, dont use it.

but that on a warrior will be better pvm than a greater dragon ;P

what about rune beetles... i bet there's loads of usable stuff im missing with pets

a lot can be done to boost warrior damage indirectly, like discord and corpse skin.

i bet there's pet ones that i dont know about.. or other tricks to pets, like the regen on the hiryu.
most probably have their uses..

will be a bit of a shame if the answer is just "greater dragon"
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Most situations a Cu Sidthe is the best, but some situations require a beefier tank so you need a greater. All other pets are niche. I really enjoyed my hell hounds, but they are annoying to keep alive. This is the case with most other pets.

Like you can take rune beetles (paired with bake kitsune for dps or nightmare for mobility) to gauntlet, but they benefit everyone so you're basically shooting yourself in the foot as far as drops go, but we did a couple guild events where I took my disco tamer with my rune beetle. The sampires enjoyed some really big numbers.

Hell Hounds probably do the most dps against things with lower fire resist, but if you're running gauntlet you need mobility, so you have to run ninjitsu or teleport between rooms. If you're farming there are better builds for falling asleep, but the high DPS is really nice.

Cu Sidthes are just the catch all pet. They have decent tankiness and mobility. They heal themselves and their owner. They're also nice for room 4 in gauntlet because of their bleed. They are great for champ spawning. With the 4 slot you can use an ethereal as well depending on your needs. I like using the ethereal for the Yumi's Double Shot.

Greater Dragons are the ultimate tank. Their high hit points and decent resists mean they can tank almost anything. They do require healing. They do have decent dps as well. Their main drawback is lack of mobility. You can use teleport or ninjitsu as well if running gauntlet with these as well, but it's not really a particular popular build\pet because of the lack of mobility and lesser dps in gauntlet. This is the go to pet in some situations: Harrower, Melisandre, h-town champ spawn, etc... You can use it just about anywhere.

Hiryu/Reptalon/Lesser Hiryu: Some people like to use the lesser with their warrior builds. These mainly are used for pvp, but Hiryu/Reptalon can tank most lesser pve content. It's been awhile since I seen someone tank gauntlet with these, but I have seen it done.

Two-pet builds: Rune Beetle\Nightmare, Rune Beetle\Bake Kitsune, White Wyrm\Nightmare, White Wyrm\Bake... There's not really a great reason to run these in comparison to the aforementioned pets. I discussed the rune beetle variants in gauntlet and reasons. So we either have nostalgia or just a desire to be non-cookie cutter. I enjoyed them, but they pale in comparison to other pet setups. Any White Wyrm setup is purely nostalgic because it's just terrible in comparison to the rune beetle.

So your main 3 are Cu, GDragon, and Hell Hounds. I strongly suggest hell hounds for new players because they are easy to tame and just mow over new player content. Have fun!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Pkstylez

Post by Pkstylez »

Thank you for all the input. I'll start taking a Cu shortly then and a few other things and start the bonding process. The biggest drawback lately I found is communication is low on this server for new people unless its here in the forums. There seems to be people that have been on here forever, and brand new ppl not much in between. Looking for a guild, or people to run with on champ spawns or help take a g dragon etc...pretty darn tuff lately.
Appreciate all of everyone's input!!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Pkstylez wrote: April 21st, 2020, 7:49 pm The biggest drawback lately I found is communication is low on this server for new people unless its here in the forums. There seems to be
It's Calvin's fault
He gets high (but doesn't share) and writes long posts
I enjoy reading them because he picks one side and then chooses the other side and writes about that
Many others don't like his posts
They just don't understand Calvin
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Pkstylez

Post by Pkstylez »

It's Calvin's fault
He gets high (but doesn't share) and writes long posts
I enjoy reading them because he picks one side and then chooses the other side and writes about that
Many others don't like his posts
They just don't understand Calvin
[/quote]

LOL, no i appreciate his response. it helps me understand where things are at in todays world. just ingame seems very anti social or hard to break into a group.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tbh it's cos im not on facebook or any of those.. so i end up chatting and being social on here instead.. its a nicer community on here anyway.

one of these days i'll find some motivation and spend as long in game as on the forum.. should start a pvm guild too.. the problem is im not a people person really.. if a couple of people wanted to play officer and do most of the administration, i'd be happy to bankroll it, give them access to castle so they can make suits and stuff.

i have a stock of bods, crafting resources, all that kinda thing for people to get established; and there's room in the immediate area to place houses too, so could turn it into a little town.

just need people i can trust to not empty everything out as soon as they have access :/
... need to do it myself really... work and effort are not my strong points...

The Silvertiger wrote: April 21st, 2020, 5:50 pm They heal themselves and their owner.
"and their owner"!?
:o
in mother russia, pet heal you!
The Silvertiger wrote: April 21st, 2020, 5:50 pm Any White Wyrm setup is purely nostalgic
they should fix that tbh.. lower the number of slots or something... maybe buff them. would be cool if you could have 6 slots, ww took 2, hh 1, gdragon 4. it would give a choice between 6 hell hounds, 3 wws, or 1 Gdragon.. something like that anyway, it's a shame when things fall out of use

i totally forgot bake's even exist O.o'
and i always think it's the cu you can ride with bushido, but it's the lesser hiryu. what is requirements for cu then? standard taming/lore, but need the boots as well? or boots only for human?
Gargl Kark likes this.
PatrickNapoleao

Post by PatrickNapoleao »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 21st, 2020, 5:50 pm So your main 3 are Cu, GDragon, and Hell Hounds. I strongly suggest hell hounds for new players because they are easy to tame and just mow over new player content. Have fun!
What template do you suggest for new player willing to play with a tamer? Necro-Mage-Tamer, Disco-Tamer or what?
Discord: Patrick#5288
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 2:53 am
The Silvertiger wrote: April 21st, 2020, 5:50 pm They heal themselves and their owner.
"and their owner"!?
:o
in mother russia, pet heal you!
I really want to roast you for some these comments, but I'll just address some of your comments and questions:

Pads are just for humans.
Cu's are so beast.
Cu requirements are very similar to GD(not sure the exact numbers.) Ask spok or file. They're into that min max stuff.

In pay UO taming got a huge update. So they have pets that can solo champ spawns while you follow it around watching. Pet slots are variable and with training they increase. Lesser Hiryu's are actually popular with their ability to be trained multiple times and freinzied whirlwind. Cu's are still the go to in certain situations with chiv ai. I think my favorite was the naja with goo... White Wyrms can definitely be used though. I can't remember everything about it, but it's a little bit more investment to get their fire resist decent. NOTE: this paragraph is all modern UO.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
Pkstylez

Post by Pkstylez »

well update, taming is at 102 and change, lore 100, vet low as shit, mage around 70 and climbing, peace at 90 and climbing music at 100.
i currently have no pets that are tamed. I need to get some L hiryu, Hiryu, and Cu. I started the Dreadhorn quest to get into Twisted for the Cu's and realized i cant do the quest cuz i dont have a pet that can do anything for me. so im stuck at this point of farming gold, to buy a PS for peace taming since finding someone to assist in the taming is almost non existent.
seems communication on UO is still minimal at best for ingame communication. Frustrating...
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Pkstylez wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:23 am well update, taming is at 102 and change, lore 100, vet low as shit, mage around 70 and climbing, peace at 90 and climbing music at 100.
i currently have no pets that are tamed. I need to get some L hiryu, Hiryu, and Cu. I started the Dreadhorn quest to get into Twisted for the Cu's and realized i cant do the quest cuz i dont have a pet that can do anything for me. so im stuck at this point of farming gold, to buy a PS for peace taming since finding someone to assist in the taming is almost non existent.
seems communication on UO is still minimal at best for ingame communication. Frustrating...
Forget peace it isn’t the best option if you are going to rely on it to tame things.
Raise your honor virtue instead and while doing so you will farm gold.
Honor daemons until you no longer gain and finish it with honoring succubus Or Balrons

If you are going to tame hiyrus just beat them down until they are no longer aggressive

Give me a time in the North American eastern time zone and I can help you with stuff like scrolls and pets.

Or PM Valkiyre on the forum I’m not sure what name she uses on Discord. She is in Europe if that is a better time zone for you. She helps many people with getting them pets.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ciro

Post by Ciro »

Pkstylez wrote: April 21st, 2020, 7:49 pm I found is communication is low on this server for new people unless its here in the forums.
ppl are at Discord.
Ciro#7619
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

The hell hound build is ALOT of fun, alot of people forget that pack instinct is a thing sadly. It is pretty easy to set up the template, the suit isnt super intense to make, and it doesnt just have to be hell hounds. If you wanted to be more mobile, you could do a pack of frenzied ostards. I havent tested it out, but it would pretty much be the same as the hell hounds, they just wouldnt be doing fire damage and shooting random fireballs.
Discord: Amish#1299