Best PVM Pet on this server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Best PVM Pet on this server?

Post by Calvin »

i actually fell asleep >.<
(not running any macro or script, just on all guard)

dragon was fine, but gains weren't as good as i thought, only up to about 108 tactics :/
but can i just leave the guy logged in stood there and he'll gain? that's not against the rules is it? even though im killing things.. im not looting anything.

do the shadow eles not just die all the time and need constant spawning with the garg-pick?
im not doubting it'll be a lot faster, but i would have to do it attended?

tbh i think im gonna buy a skillball and get another tamer on another account just for stable space :P
i need discord on that account anyway ;)

was clearing destard for about 4 or 5 hours last night, no super beasts spawns.. just ended up with another couple of S rank ones.
so gutted about that low hp one, that woulda done nicely if it had over 900hp.
im honestly starting to wonder if they have a cap on their total or something, cos they tend to be spawning with half the stats great, and half not so great. but then there is the odd spawn that is bad at everything... so i guess there must be good at everything spawns as well.

im just macroing them all to max resist spells for now, then i'll take them to blood dungeon to max wrestle, and sell them as max wrestle and resist spells. i am gonna be wanting like 2-5mil for each tho... they are all at least 80/80 resist with 900+hp. just the str and skills are different. maybe 1 or 2 with ~850hp, or 75 in a resist, but they will have 130 wrestle. gutted that Kratos will only have around 110 wrestle :<
but if it were easy to get then it wouldn't be worth getting. few more 4-5 hour sessions and i should have something nice - that would be the 50 mil dragon ;)

Kratos is still the champion for now.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote: May 6th, 2020, 2:46 pm Calvin find a miner ( Bama can do this ) to dig you up a shadow elemental
That miner ( Bama ) might even have a bard with discordance ( Bama does )
Training might go real fast ( it will )
The trick for tactics is fighting something within 20 points of your pets tactics hence the discord part.

The shadow elemental will not die to your greater.

Your greater will gain in all skills but resisting spells
As will the shadow elemental

Again..........

.........TRUST ME!!!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just training up a test dragon to see how long it takes... that last 3 points of tactics are a bugger..

dont suppose anyone wants to come to balrons in blood dungeon and disco my dragon? :P

might be alright, on 120.8 out of 123 max... can train a dragon fully in a night tho i thing
... at least anatomy will be gm :P

121 tactics.. 77.4 anatomy

im gonna try my bard.. i think he only has 70 odd disco tho.... dragon slayer flute.

... make that 50.5 discord.... obviously this thread did not result to much lol
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... ce#p138509

>skill not up to that task

need to sell something and buy a skillball

121.7 tactics, 79.5 anat, paragon balron dead :<

aother one spawned ^.^
perfect. that's that finished in 10 mins then.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 7:51 pm
dont suppose anyone wants to come to balrons in blood dungeon and disco my dragon? :P
A few things here Calvin

1 the offer was on the table to discord your dragon

2 if you are not in Felucca you must be in the same guild/alliance in case someone wants to discord your dragon
1 & 2 were discussed yesterday

3 my foot your gonads collision course ............. this is new today

4 .........

...................shadow FREAKING elemental
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

anatomy taking ages now :lol:

the bandit camp sux :P

the balrons are ace tho. how does the dragon gain tactics but the shadow ele not die from being hit tho? :S
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 9:46 pm how does the dragon gain tactics but the shadow ele not die from being hit tho? :S

Trust.........

........Me
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's what she said, and then we needed to go to the hospital... :(

only joking :lol:
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 10:02 pm that's what she said, and then we needed to go to the hospital... :(

only joking :lol:
Ok
Do not get upset it’s just a joke

What did she say ...... give me 10 to make me bleed so you did it 3 times and punched her in the nose

??

I’m kidding
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 2:53 am if a couple of people wanted to play officer and do most of the administration,
I would have ;)
Calvin likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote: May 7th, 2020, 9:56 pm
Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 9:46 pm how does the dragon gain tactics but the shadow ele not die from being hit tho? :S

Trust.........

........Me

Freaking Shadow
Syn_5-8_10.05.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.05.jpg (250.73 KiB) Viewed 5979 times

Elemental
Syn_5-8_10.09.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.09.jpg (251.62 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Greater discorded fighting a FREAKING shadow elemental
Syn_5-8_10.19.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.19.jpg (252.11 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
Syn_5-8_10.19-1.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.19-1.jpg (253.1 KiB) Viewed 5976 times

Less than 3 minutes later
Syn_5-8_10.20.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.20.jpg (252.77 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
Syn_5-8_10.22.jpg
Syn_5-8_10.22.jpg (253.59 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote: May 7th, 2020, 9:24 pm 3 my foot your gonads collision course ............. this is new today
Some people pay good money for that Sir; don't pass up on that opportunity! 8-)

The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"Shadow Iron Elementals
Some Elementals are strangely immune to spells and pets. This can make them aggravating when encountered in the wild by a tamer, but very, very useful for the purpose of training - an unkillable target with reasonable combat skills means you can train your pets into the higher skill levels with no interruptions.

Shadow Iron Elementals are the best examples for this technique. They're roughly on par with the average freshly tamed "high level" pet, without any nasty tricks (such as the Valorite Elemental's area attack).

While they can be found in the wild, it is typically far less trouble to have one spawned for you by a Miner. If you intend to fill that role yourself, you'll need 70 points of skill (with or without item bonuses), a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, and a Prospector's Tool.

Find a cliff face near where you wish to train, and travel around using the Tool on the mountain. Remember an ore vein comprises of an 8x8 area, only use the Tool in each vein once. This upgrades the ore type by one. Keep going until you're informed that the vein was changed to Dull Copper.

Once you get this message, grab the Pickaxe and start swinging at that spot. If you're lucky, an elemental will spawn right next to you; don't worry, although it's hostile it moves very slowly and has no ranged attacks. Lead it away to where you wish to train, set your pet(s) on it, and provide heals as required.

An average elemental will have about 60 Wrestling/Tactics. Your pets need to be within about 20 skill points of these levels in order to get gains. As the battle progresses the elemental will improve as well, so a single target can potentially take your pets all the way to GM. Although unkillable, elementals will de-spawn after a few hours - be aware that the next elemental you summon might be too weak to train them further, but if you can rig the timing to your advantage elementals can still be used to achieve GM skill levels.

This technique can be used to train multiple pets at once. Since only one of your charges will be attacked by the elemental, it becomes possible to easily train weak pets. Simply make sure your strongest is set to Active prior to giving the "all kill" order."

http://www.uoguide.com/Pet_Training#Sha ... Elementals

you coulda just said they're immune to pets :P

.... you guys know that demise doesn't really have a lot in the way of skill checks for gains.. like in terms of difficulty... there are some, but on a lot of skills you can just use the skill at any level, that classes as a check, and the check can gain. the reason clumsy works for example is just because it's doing the most number of checks possible, in the shortest space of time. im not sure if you even need the character casting clumsy to have eval int tbh, maybe. but you can GM things like anatomy, evel int, animal lore, etc, just by using the skill on any mobile
Last edited by Calvin on May 8th, 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Now you see bama... Take this mistrust\stubbornness and translate it to every post Calvin ever made. Now, you can see why he's such an aggravation to me. He writes books on forums about how he does things, but never takes any advice. He has hijacked this noobs thread with his dragon story and at the same time effectively made it into a selling thread. GL HF
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama and Calvin like this.