Caster tamer & Bardic Masteries

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
st4rchitect

Caster tamer & Bardic Masteries

Post by st4rchitect »

Hello guys,

Returned back after many years, trying to build a basic pve character.
I currently have a disco tamer but I am not pleased about her that much. My gd does all the damage and I wait till he is done. Maybe a caster tamer without disco would do better damage, any ideas?

I want to delete musicianship and disco and I am not sure what to put in exchange. I will need more than 2 skill slots for a caster I guess, like magery meditation eva spellveawing, ss and necromancy?
My current skills are like:
Animal tame: 115
Lore: 115
Veterinary: 100
magery: 100
Music: 115
Disco:115
Medi: 40

In summary I want to build a caster mage instead disco tamer. What about your opinions for both builds and what skills I will need for a caster build?

My second question:
Are bardic masteries exist in Demise? (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... masteries/)
If bards could cast spellsongs that could be pretty nice actually. If they exist I would change my mind about changing my disco build.

Thanks for your time and answers. Cheers :)
st4rchitect

Re: Caster tamer & Bardic Masteries

Post by st4rchitect »

Forgot to ask the decent items for the caster tamer. Do they actually have luck suit or all I need to focus is lrc lmc mr and sdi? Is it possible to achive max resistans with all these? Thanks in advance
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Animal tame: 110
Lore: 110
magery: 110
EI 120
necro 75+20+5
SS 110+10

Veterinary: rest

no, mastery still dont exist, but maybe they will in future add[but who know when... in 5 years ?]

dont know if luck suit exist, but best is make 80-94 SDI suit, you can make about 10-11 ARTS, find tunic gloves and braceled, possible make 70-60s resist 100lrc, 40lms 90+sdi ++++
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

MMMartin wrote: May 24th, 2020, 5:49 pm Animal tame: 110
Lore: 110
magery: 110
EI 120
necro 75+20+5
SS 110+10

Veterinary: rest
Just wondering MMMartin

Why not put the rest in spell weaving
85 spell weaving can get a focus with the 100 spell weavers

85 spell weaving has more benefits than 85 vet

Like I said just wondering
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Bama wrote: May 24th, 2020, 6:58 pm Just wondering MMMartin

Why not put the rest in spell weaving
85 spell weaving can get a focus with the 100 spell weavers

85 spell weaving has more benefits than 85 vet

Like I said just wondering
it is more convenient for me, ress pet for me make 100% my life easy
[with vet you can easy solo bedlam pearless or Xmastown pearless]

aswell is true, i dont use pets in event boss where are 100+ players, just SDI magery EI and wrath form fireballs work wonder xD dont need taming lore vet even xD

he can choise SPW, indeed
i was before use SPW, even have book and quest done, it just dont suit me well

aswell dont delete disco if you dont need, trasfer it with red soul stone to other char, it is pain training it xD
Bama likes this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

I just redid my disco tamer

Old builld was 120 tame 120 lore 120 music 120 disco... 100 vet 100 mage rest in med....

Changed by stoning vet off and working provo up to 120 taking the extra 20 from med... actually liking the build...when i take him out... I drag a cu sidhe along and provo two or more targets on each other then use the dog to mop up the left overs...quite the money maker this build is... just lack mana regen so maybe build a suit for that with 100 lrs 40 lmc and mana regen. I hardly have to heal the pet but also have not tried and peerless bosses with him... for that I normally just take my necro tamer and for doom i take my archer tamer lol Yes i have alot of tamers. but to be fair I have a sampire aswell lol
st4rchitect

Post by st4rchitect »

As a summary do you guys think caster build is better than disco for overall pve for a tamer? I mean for the dps actually, caster deals more damage in same time than disco one?
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

disco reduce 28/14 stats, 28 for weak enemy what will dead in 10 sec anyway, 14 for strong enemy, corpse skin make -15 fire resist, if you have good GD with big hp resist and wrestling, you dont have worry about you pet die,
it is like,
disco insatnt use 10-30% chance work insatnt, duration infinite, reduce 14 all
corpse skin 1-1.5s casting 100% chance reduce resist, duration 40s+-, reduce 15 poison/fire

actualy disco+necro can make -29 resists xD for Impossible BosseS xD
st4rchitect

Post by st4rchitect »

necro 75+20+5, its 5 from bloodwood and whats +20 from ?
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

midnight bracer

find items,
kasa,pendant,midnight bracer, spell wolen bitcher [elf only], scraper [later if you have gold, buy with lrc one], shield vester museum 1/2 casting, talizman necro,

gloves, tunic, braceled and ring choise depent you golds and properity LRC SDI LMC RESIST...

POSSIBLE TIPS ARTS: gloves slitcher mittens [elf only] [this is only if need LRC], AOF [only if need LRC], cristaline ring, sash [LRC], robe ari, earrring+boots resist, CC for HPI

in end you only need gloves tunic and braceled xD [crafting-loot items]